Early code... Still looks like nothing I have ever seen in gaming:

Message 51 of 200 (1,851 Views)
Survivor
2641 posts

Re: [INFO] The Order : 1886

Feb 18, 2014

Amnalehu wrote:

Early code... Still looks like nothing I have ever seen in gaming:

It doesn't even look like gameplay, it looks like some movie filmed in some inexistent TV aspect ratio.. 

Message 52 of 200 (1,846 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9913 posts

Feb 18, 2014
It's supposed to look like a movie. They wanted it to be a cinematic experience. That means they're doing their job well.

The transition from cutscene to gameplay was seamless and very fluid. And my god the lighting and visuals were spectacular.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 53 of 200 (1,842 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Feb 18, 2014
So no multiplayer ill have to pass
Message 54 of 200 (1,837 Views)
MVP Support
6002 posts

Feb 18, 2014

DirtyGuttz wrote:

They mention here why -

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/18/the-order-1886-the-new-ps4-exclusive-with-a-lot-to-prove/

Galahad being part of a four-man squad, it might seem from the outside looking in that multiplayer would be a perfect and comfortable fit for The Order – but Weerasurya sees it differently, although tellingly stopped short of ruling it out entirely.

“We discussed [multiplayer] very early on when we first started working on it. The reality of it, though, is that to achieve what we want and deliver the message we aim to deliver, especially with this being a new IP, we always felt like it would be great in multiplayer but that we weren’t sure it was the right way to introduce an IP.

“The driving force of this game specifically was to put the IP first. That, and the single-player story has to trump everything else and we didn’t want the team to be split between two things, because it really does take a whole team to do a great single player game and another to do multiplayer.”

Message 55 of 200 (1,822 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4461 posts

Feb 18, 2014

da1writer wrote:

DirtyGuttz wrote:

They mention here why -

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/18/the-order-1886-the-new-ps4-exclusive-with-a-lot-to-prove/

Galahad being part of a four-man squad, it might seem from the outside looking in that multiplayer would be a perfect and comfortable fit for The Order – but Weerasurya sees it differently, although tellingly stopped short of ruling it out entirely.

“We discussed [multiplayer] very early on when we first started working on it. The reality of it, though, is that to achieve what we want and deliver the message we aim to deliver, especially with this being a new IP, we always felt like it would be great in multiplayer but that we weren’t sure it was the right way to introduce an IP.

“The driving force of this game specifically was to put the IP first. That, and the single-player story has to trump everything else and we didn’t want the team to be split between two things, because it really does take a whole team to do a great single player game and another to do multiplayer.”

I love to hear things like this! I'm sick of all these games that include MP for the sake of having it as an option. They are right when they say it takes away from making a great single player. For a sequel sure maybe include it but for this first one i'm very happy there is no MP.

Message 56 of 200 (1,808 Views)
MVP Support
6002 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Mercenary09 wrote:

da1writer wrote:

DirtyGuttz wrote:

They mention here why -

I love to hear things like this! I'm sick of all these games that include MP for the sake of having it as an option. They are right when they say it takes away from making a great single player. For a sequel sure maybe include it but for this first one i'm very happy there is no MP.

To further go into this - Machinima did a Developer Interview with the newest Gameplay footage included with talks about multiplayer and other things, I've added it to the Developer Video's portion on the first page.

I've also added the newest debut trailer near the top of the first page!

Message 57 of 200 (1,801 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13090 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Here we go again... You know what? No. ,o I'm not getting into this argument again
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 58 of 200 (1,800 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7120 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Multiplayer or not, I'll be getting this game. It looks unbelievable. 

Message 59 of 200 (1,799 Views)
Fender Bender
3639 posts

Feb 18, 2014

RatchetH22 wrote:

Multiplayer or not, I'll be getting this game. It looks unbelievable. 

I agree. I don't need multi player. The story sounds crazy and the game looks incredible.

Message 60 of 200 (1,794 Views)