I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Re: No Multiplayer = No BUY!

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

Squa11L10nh3art wrote:

you should NEVER shoehorn in multiplayer where it's not needed 

Who decides when it is needed and when it's not needed?

Is there a criteria for such a thing?

The developers. AKA, not the OP or you.

@OP: Ok... don't buy.

Needles Kane/Colonel Radec/Spike/Evil Cole/Sir Daniel Fortesque
Message 11 of 51 (594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 18, 2014
"I’m getting really tired of the attitude and belief that multi player is the be all and end all of gaming." - Agree.

Just this morning I was checking out a vid about interiors in GTAO, the guy that posted the vid had glitched inside the FIB building and landed in the burnt areas and was guessing that it was some kinda Fallout thing since it looked like old, worn structures to him; fair guess I suppose. Thing is, the fact he had zero clue as to why the rooms existed and made an arse of himself by guessing at all made it obvious he hadn't even bothered to play the actual game. That made me angry.

The online component of GTA5 is very good, but it's not where the game shines. GTAO is an EXTRA to GTA5, if all you do is go directly online without knowing why the majority of things are what they are in a game, you might as well stop, because you're missing the point. R* even kept online closed for a fortnight so people would HAVE to see the story.

Going straight to online is like going into a restaurant and ordering a starter, skipping the main course, having dessert, then leaving while complaining that the meal didn't fill you up enough.

TL;DR Online only players are dumb.
Message 12 of 51 (589 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2014

i don't think there should be multiplayer in this game its fine the way it is and i love the single player campaign it tells a much richer storie about the game.

Message 13 of 51 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jul 28, 2014
I understand being invested in MP, but I wouldn't write this game off just because it doesn't have it. I was actually glad when I heard the news because that means they could focus on making the campaign the best it could be and as long as possible without sacrificing time and assets for MP. I'm sure there will be different modes for replay value, no campaign these days is without such. I'm excited to see what they have in store. If you don't buy, I suspect you'd at least want to rent and play through it for sure!

http://www.twitch.tv/arnoldandgerald
Message 14 of 51 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Sucker Punch Community Leader
77 posts

Jul 29, 2014

This, essentially. I don't see the need for multiplayer, really. Although i'm surprised they didn't include co-op, not that I really care much but the whole 4 knights set up seemed like a co-op game to me. ;P

Message 15 of 51 (502 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
257 posts

Jul 29, 2014
I too was lead to believe that this was a coop game. I will have to see what other games will be available around the release date and my availability to see if this will be a launch purchase from me.
Playstation Money
SHAREfactory 5x1
Message 16 of 51 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Ready At Dawn Community Manager
44 posts

Jul 29, 2014

JMBlakk wrote:
I too was lead to believe that this was a coop game. I will have to see what other games will be available around the release date and my availability to see if this will be a launch purchase from me.

If I may, what led you to believe this? Was it a specific article, hearing from friends, or something else? We've been pretty forward about The Order: 1886 being a single-player only game.

Just curious, since I'm always interested to know where these assumptions come from.

Message 17 of 51 (494 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
257 posts

Jul 30, 2014

OneLetter wrote:

JMBlakk wrote:

If I may, what led you to believe this? Was it a specific article, hearing from friends, or something else? We've been pretty forward about The Order: 1886 being a single-player only game.

Just curious, since I'm always interested to know where these assumptions come from.

When this game was revealed it was stated that it would follow a group of four characters. while this may have not been your intention, assumptions were made that this would be a co-op experience to the statement that was made. It wasn't until this year, probably because too many people were asking if this game would have multilayer that they decided to say that this is a single player only experience. So no its really not what you guys said. It's what you guys took to long to say that allowed for these assumptions.

Playstation Money
SHAREfactory 5x1
Message 18 of 51 (481 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32681 posts

Jul 30, 2014

JMBlakk wrote:

OneLetter wrote:

JMBlakk wrote:

When this game was revealed it was stated that it would follow a group of four characters. while this may have not been your intention, assumptions were made that this would be a co-op experience to the statement that was made. It wasn't until this year, probably because too many people were asking if this game would have multilayer that they decided to say that this is a single player only experience. So no its really not what you guys said. It's what you guys took to long to say that allowed for these assumptions.

just to be the flipside to this coin, youre the first person ive seen(both IRL and online) say they thought the game would be co-op.

Message 19 of 51 (470 Views)
Ready At Dawn Community Manager
44 posts

Jul 30, 2014

Thanks for the reply. As I said before, I like understanding where these assumptions come from so we can avoid them in the future.

Message 20 of 51 (468 Views)
0 Likes