Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Re: No Multiplayer = No BUY!

Jul 31, 2014

OneLetter wrote:

Thanks for the reply. As I said before, I like understanding where these assumptions come from so we can avoid them in the future.

Yea I think that was the reason a lot of us assumed that it was a coop game. With Sony pushing the PS4 as this "play with your friends" console and The Order:1886 having 4 people on the cover it kind of made people like me think that this would indeed be that 4 player coop game that we brought this system for. Don't get me wrong I am still interested in this game but I do feel like it should have been stated from the beginning that this would be a single player game then wait 7 months later to state that.

Playstation Money
SHAREfactory 5x1
Message 21 of 68 (972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 1, 2014

Since when did all games have to have a multiplayer or coop behind it?  Why does it have to mimic other games of the past? As gamers we are nit picky about our preferences but come on now... Every game that comes out there seems to be a rift of negativity about it from thin air. If these eager to annoy gamers want a game done perfectly to suit themselves, then they should give it a shot eh?

Message 22 of 68 (955 Views)
Splicer
29 posts

Aug 5, 2014

Mr-iZombie wrote:

Since when did all games have to have a multiplayer or coop behind it?  Why does it have to mimic other games of the past? As gamers we are nit picky about our preferences but come on now... Every game that comes out there seems to be a rift of negativity about it from thin air. If these eager to annoy gamers want a game done perfectly to suit themselves, then they should give it a shot eh?

it's a argument of value. A game with NO co-op (which I cannot understand why this game does not have given its large focus in squad-based gameplay) or online in this genre needs to be FAR longer in length than we are expecting to be worth $60. 

I don't care how goddamn good this game is IF it even is good. It doesn't sound like something I could play continously for months or even a single week after it launches and I beat the story mode on the first day.

Last of Us was pretty long for a third person shooter/survival type game, lasting a few hours longer than I would've expected, but then it had a multiplayer mode which was featured enough for me to play and enjoy time and time again and get my money's worth. Why should I not just redbox the order if I can clear all it has to offer in a single weekend?

Message 23 of 68 (943 Views)
First Son
2 posts

No Co-op or any multiplayer aww man:/

Aug 5, 2014
This game is dope
The graphics are excellent
Story seems rich
Gameplay is decent
The environment
The enemies
But the only thing that is gonna hurt this game is no multiplayer
Either way I'm still getting itSmiley Happy
Message 24 of 68 (946 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Aug 6, 2014
Man, I feel like one of the only optimists over here. Let's be patient and see how it plays out and what alternative modes etc. are announced/available before writing it off. I can understand and sympathize with getting the bang for your buck, in which case, yeah maybe you'll be better off renting. If it's just a matter of no MP, no dice, that's unfortunate because some of the best games have nothing to do with MP. All the games that win game of the year, do so because of gameplay, story, characters, etc. etc. It's never a game that wins strictly because of a MP element. I understand some players are strictly into MP and in that case, maybe this just won't be for you. I guess we'll see in the coming months. Hopefully they'll announce some new details at gamescom.
Message 25 of 68 (935 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9918 posts

Aug 6, 2014
A game's worth should be determined by the experience itself. Length should have no bearing whatsoever.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 26 of 68 (933 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
420 posts

Aug 8, 2014

I love MP just like every one but it would be best to have a nice solid SP story IMO Maybe MP for thTO2 if the game does well.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - darkarmy27

GAMER4LIFE G. A. P. Member/ Live tag: DIVINE S0UL
Message 27 of 68 (921 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Aug 8, 2014

Someone asked who decides when MP is or isn't necessary and i think the best answer to that would be whoever is making the game?  maybe? If you don't want to buy the game because it doesn't have MP then don't, there are many others to choose from.

Anyone who has had an interest in this game and has watched videos on it or even just read the wiki would know it is strictly a single player experience. If that's not what you're interested in - move on, nice seein' ya....

Message 28 of 68 (918 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5104 posts

Aug 17, 2014
I'm glad there's no mp. Time spent dev solely on sp experience.

Message 29 of 68 (875 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2014

No, no, no, no, a thousand times, no! People don't seem to realise that multiplayer impacts the effect, and gravity of the single player portion of the game. Look at The Last of Us, it's singplayer was way too short, because it had a terrible multiplayer attached along with it.

If this was going to get multiplayer, I'm sure it would be monsters, vs humans, and that never works out. If you want that, go play Nosgoth. The only thing I think The Order is missing, is full four player co-op in the campaign.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 30 of 68 (864 Views)