Jun 10 2014
By: TomatoDragon Treasure Hunter 4963 posts

Possibly different Half Breed versions?

2 replies 1509 views Edited Jun 10, 2014

So stoked for this game... especially now that it's confirmed werewolves.  But reading the descriptions, it says that:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/the-order-1886-e3-trailer-revealed-new-enemy-emerges/

"The Half-Breeds are many, its different species having evolved in their own rights, becoming a formidable and deadly threat to humanity’s dominance. One species in particular has taken dominion over the lands of Northern Europe and has threatened the rule of man for centuries. Lycan was the name given by humans to the species of Half-Breeds that acquired certain lupine and feline traits. Upon seeing them, people equated their looks to the myth and legends of werewolves that had been retold from generation to generation."

Now....I'm fairly certain that other species will be mentioned but not actually in game... but just imagine fighting other types as well.

Message 1 of 3 (1,509 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Re: Possibly different Half Breed versions?

Jun 16, 2014

I seems almost impossible that other Half-breeds aren't even seen in the game.

Why?

.It seems to have many kind of half-breeds, probably determined by different animal traits (reptilian, avian, mammalian,...).

.Half-breeds inspired some legends/mirrored others. Since animal monsters are legion in myths, we can expect some variety.

.If Lycans took dominion over Europe, nothing tells us if they have allies or not, meaning if they share their territory with other species.

.Lycans could have outnumbered other half-breeds but nothing is said about their strenght compared to others. In the few lines, all haf-breeds are designed as 'terrible threats'. Maybe they're not at the top of the foodchain, which leads us to the possibility of having more dangerous creatures in the game, maybe rarer, that will serve as bosses.

.In order to understand the half breed, the story may introduce some way to discover their plans. Their hatred for humanity, things like that. Maybe they've got a good reason for that, and I doubt that such creatures are purely evil (they fight for dominion since humanity imposed its laws). Maybe one of the characters of the game will be a friendly/neutral half breed, probably from a lesser race of monsters (understand not an apex predator like wolf).

.The game will focus a lot on both exploration and combat, and I don't expect the player to be fighting rebels all the time. As we saw, Lycans are extremely resilient so we won't be fighting these forever too. So we may be introduced to other hybrids, possibly rats, crows or less dangerous one to add some diversity to our adversaries.

.This particular line of an article is interesting:

"Although there are different types of half-breeds, the rest of which Ready at Dawn were unwilling to disclose, we now know that one type of half breed will be a werewolf."

If other races of half-breed were not meant to be seen in the final game, they could have just said 'there are others but we're only focusing on Lycans for that game'.

.Following that line, I heard something in that video:

The Order: 1886 Video - Weapons and Rooks Interview | GameTrailers

At 4min20 or so, Ru W. Talks about some iconography related to something they created, at it seems that I understood 'raven'. English isn't my mother tongue so it may have nothing to do with half-breeds but it sounded like a possibility.

Message 2 of 3 (1,480 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
52 posts

Re: Possibly different Half Breed versions?

Jun 16, 2014

Another interesting interview, mentionning different kinds of Lycans and existence of other Half breed having yet to be revealed:

"I had the privilege of witnessing a live, closed demo of the encounter seen in the PlayStation press conference trailer, and a good bit afterward, between our hero, Sir Galahad, and a beastly figure. Officially coined "Lycans" by creative director Ru Weerasuriya, these creatures are, in fact, humans with a distinct ability to change into something inhuman. While these monsters are called Lycans, Weerasuriya made it clear during the demo that, in the mythos of The Order: 1886, the people refer to the monsters as such only because they resemble the werewolfs of mythology. These, and other as-yet-unrevealed Half-breeds, are men who transform into something else entirely, not the traditional model of European history’s werewolves and legendary beasts.

Whatever the case may be, we likely won’t know who they truly are until we play the full game for ourselves, or until the folks at Ready at Dawn enlighten the situation further. What is known about these Lycans is that they see members of the Order, or perhaps the general population at large, as "swine,” as the Lycan in the demo snarls at Galahad.

In addition to discovering that the mysterious monsters of The Order: 1886 possess intelligence and the ability to speak, the specific use of the word "swine" as a means to show dominance implies that the Lycans of this world have a some form of a highly structured society among themselves. It can also be inferred that the interactions between members of the Order and the Lycans will likely far exceed isolated encounters like what was seen in this year's E3 trailer. In fact, reference to a class system within the Lycans was made by Weerasuriya in his debrief of Sir Galahad's encounter in the London hospital. The Lycan seen in the trailer was an Elder, and it was said there are several various classes of Lycan that can be expected to be seen by The Order throughout the game.

Message 3 of 3 (1,475 Views)
0 Likes