Friends, Londoners, countrymen, lend us your facial hair.
In The Order: 1886, developed by Ready At Dawn, our leading Knight of the Order, Sir Galahad, pays very close attention to his upper-lip styling. We want to see the same appreciation from our fans, but we understand that not everyone wants to, or can grow a mustache.
Luckily, we’ve got you covered with your very own downloadable version of his ‘stache, which we’ve appropriately named The Galahad, PLUS 3 Ready At Dawn team-signed PlayStation®4 systems to giveaway. For a chance to win one of these custom PS4™ systems, Tweet your mustache of choice by mentioning @TheOrder1886 on Twitter, and use #TheGalahad #SweepsEntry in your post.
To get your own Galahad, [click here] (or on either image), and follow the directions. Grow it, print it, or even draw it, the choice is in your hands for #TheGalahad giveaway. All entries must be received by September 1st, 2014 to be eligible.
Read the full legal rules and regulations for eligibility requirements below.
Grow it, print it, draw it, Tweet it. #TheGalahad
The Galahad Is Coming Sweepstakes
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and is construed and evaluated according to California law.Do not enter this Promotion if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in TheGalahad Is Coming Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and selection of entries and the Promotion’s overall administration.Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 17 years of age and who have a valid Twitter account. Entrants under the legal age of majority in their state of residence must have permission to enter the Promotion from their parent or guardian. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins August 19, 2014 at 12:01AM (PST)and ends on September 1, 2014 at 5:59PM (PST) (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER:
3.1. Entrants must take a photograph of only themselves wearing a natural (i.e. real facial hair), physical (i.e. fabric, paper, etc.), or digitally-inserted (i.e. via Adobe® Photoshop® or other image manipulation software), mustache (“Entry Photo”).To enter the Promotion, entrants must, during the Promotion Period, post their Entry Photo to Twitter by sending a Twitter message to @theOrder1886 that includes both of the following hashtags in the body of the tweet: “#TheGalahad” and “#SweepsEntry”. A Twitter message that meets the foregoing requirements is an entry into the Promotion.
3.2. You must be the rightful owner of your Entry Photo, or have permission from the rightful owner of your Entry Photo to submit it in connection with your entry.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: Up to five (5) entries per person are permitted during the Promotion Period. The Entry Photo submitted with each entry must be substantially different from the Entry Photos submitted with each prior entry, as deemed by the Sponsor, to be valid. The authorized Twitter account holder used to enter the Promotion is deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized Twitter account holder” is the natural person assigned to an account by Twitter. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized Twitter account holder.
5. WINNER SELECTION:
5.1. On August 25, 2014, August 30, 2014, and September 2, 2014 at approximately 6:00PM (PST), Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize winning entrants, and two (2) Second Prize winning entrants, from the pool of eligible entries. Potential winning entrants will be announced on Twitter from the @TheOrder1886 account. Potential winning entrants must respond affirmatively to the announcement by sending a Twitter message back to @TheOrder1886 within 48 hours of the day and time that Sponsor sent the announcement, and must follow @TheOrder1886 to allow contact via direct message with the account used to enter the Promotion, for verification and fulfillment.
5.2. If a potential winning entrant is determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be unqualified to participate in the Promotion, or does not claim their prize by responding affirmatively to Sponsor via Twitter within 48 hours of the day and time that Sponsor sent the potential winning entrant announcement, then the potential winning entrant will be disqualified and a new potential winning entrant will be selected randomly by Sponsor from the pool of eligible entries.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7.1. Each Grand Prize winner selected will receive one (1) PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system signed by “The Order: 1886” development team.Total approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $400.00.
7.2. Each Second Prize winner will receive one (1) “Ouroboros Pinny” t-shirt, and one (1) “The Order:1886” t-shirt.Total approximate retail value of each Second Prize is $20.00.
7.3. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow four (4) weeks for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions.Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
8. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Potential winning entrants may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor will be disqualified. If a potential winning entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the entrant resides, then that entrant’s parent or legal guardian may be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an entrant via Twitter within a reasonable time period, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize.
9. Grant of Rights: Each entrant is responsible for his or her entries and associated Entry Photos, and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each entry, each entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the entry and associated Entry Photo in the manner contemplated by Sponsor and this Promotion. By submitting an entry to Sponsor, entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material, including the Entry Photo, submitted by entrant in connection with this Promotion, including all moral and other rights of authorship; (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that material submitted by entrant in connection with the Promotion becomes Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants Promotion Entities (defined below) the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an entrant’s, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, and information or materials that entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion, including the Entry Photo, in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use any Entry Photo.
10. Photo Submissions: Each entry submitted: (i) must not include any person other than the entrant; (ii) must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion, (iii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, or contain nudity (iv) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (v) must not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (vi) must not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vii) must not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (viii) must not include visual references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (ix) must not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other form of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the accuracy or truthfulness of any information contained within an entry. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any entry is not appropriate for public release and if entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entry for any reason.
11. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, hometown, state, Entry Photo, and any other information submitted to Sponsor by entrant for promotional purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant.
13. RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants release Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prizes or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; lost, stolen, mutilated, mis-delivered, incomplete or untimely entries that may limit entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access any website or upload or send information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading or sending information or data is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, render entrants ineligible and all associated entries will be void.
16. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California for the purposes of any suit related to the Promotion and waive any claim that they are not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
17. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Galahad Is Coming Sweepstakes”, Attn: Aaron Kaufman, 1630 Stewart Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by September 30, 2014.