Jul 25 2012
By: Hungry_Xenomorph Uncharted Territory 1908 posts

From a real gamer, this show is a joke

6 replies 501 views Edited Jul 25, 2012

Aside from watching minor clips with EgoRaptor (The only and best contestant thus far) this show is unwatchable nonsense. Not only does all the reality TV show inspired "tests" actually have nothing to do with video games, but the contestants are generally not good at video games, know little of the industry, and are a bunch of temper tantrum throwing teenagers. Not to mention the judges are just fail worthy!

How about tests that actually have to do with playing video games, and playing a wide variety of them? How about getting contestants that are actually GOOD at said video games and NOT quitting them from the show in the first 3 episodes because of biased judges and them failing at relay races that have nothing to do with testing video games at all.

Stop putting Hollywood goons on the show and recruit real nerdy gamers, to play video games and actually TEST. This show is the laughing stock of any real gamer.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7 (501 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Re: From a real gamer, this show is a joke

Jul 26, 2012

I only have to read the first sentence to see that this thread is a joke.

Besser allein als in schlechter Gesellschaft.
(Better to be alone, than in bad company.)
Message 2 of 7 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 26, 2012

Because he watched it wth EgoRaptor? Which he was the best contestant anyway actually aware of game design and whatnot. The Original Poster have his reasons, which are valid, as to why he hates the shows. You, however, have not just stating that because he likes EgoRaptor his opinion is invalid. Sorry but your reply is a joke.

metal gear solid 4 1920x1200
Message 3 of 7 (489 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Jul 27, 2012
ooooooo lol. well id like the show.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 4 of 7 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Aug 2, 2012

I thought it was watchable, and it is free after all

Message 5 of 7 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Aug 2, 2012

I dont intend to cause any arguments here, but saying EgoRaptor is the 'only and best contestant' is a boldly ingorant statement. Clearly you havent really given the show a chance, or even watched the previous 2 seasons. I dont mean to insult EgoRaptor personally, but he pretty treated the contest like a joke and basically told the judges he was just there for the entertainment value. He had an opporunity to get into the industry and he kinda blew it. If he had taken it a bit more seriously (like Cyrus, Gaymer, or Akileez), he may have gotten further. That being said, its not the end of the world because Ego was kicked off a reality show. You guys say he has true knowledge of the industry/gaming, thats great. If he truly has a passion for the gaming industry, he will find a way in. He doesnt necessarily need a reality show to get him that. There is no reason to get all bent out of shape over a reality show that doesnt even really matter in the long run.

Although to be fair, I understand your point about the challenges. Ive said before that they should have a challenge specifically based on bug-finding for a game currently in development, or something along those lines. There is another thread about challenges here.

Besser allein als in schlechter Gesellschaft.
(Better to be alone, than in bad company.)
Message 6 of 7 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 7, 2012

This is a reality tv show, its suppose to be funny and enjoyable... which it is. If it suits you. Many people who enjoy watching egoRaptor tend to be the same type of people and think alike.

The show got a huge spike in number of views because of egoRaptor which is good. Whats not good is particularly every comment on youtube mentions egoRaptor or "the annoying people." The show is obviously not suited for you, so why watch it, dislike it, complain about it then ultimately spread a bad word about it?

IMO, Sony made a bad choice to choose egoRaptor as a contestant. He could have won a chance to work at Playstation but because of a gameshow? Thats nonsense, I dont think any person would take it very seriously. Bringing egoRaptor into The Tester was a bad idea... Its like bringing Smosh (Ian and Anthony) into Jersey Shore. To be honest, they're just not gonna fit in.

The Tester is aimed at a different group of people, it never really was intended for the egoRaptor fans. Do egoRaptor fans... (no offense) (hardcore gamers, internet dwellers, or just the casual person) really want to watch a show like Jersey Shore? Nope. The show was designed for people who LIKE reality shows, me one of them lol.

I personally liked The tester because it was funny and i enjoy a balance between two worlds. The gamer's world and the casual world. Unfortunately, Sony didn't advertise it well enough to attract more of the casual world. Its a shame and i was a little sad when egoRaptor left but i still liked the show.

Message 7 of 7 (457 Views)
0 Likes