Treasure Hunter
7091 posts

Re: David Sears making new Rainbow 6

Nov 30, 2011

murphdawg1 wrote:

GaRcHoW wrote:

Saws this a while back. It looks like crap. Same BS OTS aim cover system garbage. The gaming industry sucks!

I HATE ZIPPER INTERACTIVE (PS3 Era)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/Garchow/votes1hd6.png

And you're playing a ranked respawn FPS that probably has health re-gen. Am I right?

And Socom 4 is a TPS with ranked respawn and health re-gen... You're point?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3126 posts

Nov 30, 2011

I think it looks cool, the story is very intriguing.  And they seem to have a  very high focus on teamplay and tactics.  With the HUB table and the fact that if your in a party, you wont be just a name in a lobby you will be walking around a room and interacting until you join a game *is how i understand it *.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2275 posts

Nov 30, 2011

MiamiBlue wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

GaRcHoW wrote:

Saws this a while back. It looks like crap. Same BS OTS aim cover system garbage. The gaming industry sucks!

I HATE ZIPPER INTERACTIVE (PS3 Era)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/Garchow/votes1hd6.png

And you're playing a ranked respawn FPS that probably has health re-gen. Am I right?

And Socom 4 is a TPS with ranked respawn and health re-gen... You're point?

It is but you don't have to play it like that(or play it at all). I don't think BF 3 gives you that option.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4186 posts

Nov 30, 2011

With the exception of Lockdown, Rainbow 6 titles have all been excellent games. The only issue is that they used p2p, which won't fly today. I truly hope they scrap it this time around.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Nov 30, 2011

Rainbow Six had non-respawn modes also and it ran the same kinds of things as SOCOM with round-based, one life kind of thing. You could restrict health regen too. Problem was always the major lag issues though.

First person game, but with a third person cover system. All in all, without the lag, it could run smooth enough to be playable. With it, even the damn single player AI lags like a B**** most of the time--Which I never quite understood why the heck that happened.

The few other problems were based off of their progression systems that unlocked weapons and things like that. Those were so different from SOCOM though. Game modes and things like that played pretty close and stuff, and maps were fair and some very good. Still, the downfalls easily ruined the game for most.

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (366 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1384 posts

Nov 30, 2011

im a fan of the rainbow six series so im getting it an ill trade in socom4 for it

Foxtrot48,Killingsworth328,[L!C]St_PierreCannoli

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (366 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
6687 posts

Dec 1, 2011
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (366 Views)
0 Likes