Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 05 2011
By: Evotion First Son 19 posts

No more Rainbow 6! R.I.P.

10 replies 545 views Edited Apr 5, 2011

or any more Tom Clancy based games

I was speaking to an employee of Ubisoft and there are no plans to make anymore of these.

The franchise may well be dead.

They are concentrating on three other games at the moment - one of which being Assassins Creed. The other was a music based game, and the other was some RPG.

It might not be the definative end as i cannot hear the fat lady singing but it doesnt look good.

Ubisoft mentioned over a year ago that will definately not be a Rainbow 6 Vegas 3 so that confusion is over.

Things are how things are.. There little that I or anyone can do about it. It was a relatively successful franchise and with the money brought in by the COD series you would think they would still be riding on this bandwagon.

I will miss it. I think it had excellent gameplay, certainly in the offline parts if its offering.

In fact, I still thnk its the best campaign I have played, both on R6V2 and R6V3.

The mix between arcade battle and strategy was superb.

Oh well - live in hope.

PS3 Leaderboard - Playstation 3 ladders, leagues, tourneys and fun event nights.
Message 1 of 11 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Re: No more Rainbow 6! R.I.P.

Apr 15, 2011

I think its funny and quite ass backwards of them to make a new Ghost Recon (which pretty much NO ONE AT ALL is playing) and NOT make an addition to the R6V2 series, which people are still purchasing and just starting to play. It just makes absolutely ZERO sense. I play R6V2 A LOT and pretty much everytime im on there are guys from COD who ranked really low and trying to level up. And, more often then not, they say that R6 is better than COD. But they chose to make another Ghost Recon?! WTF?! I mean seriously. What idiot is making such stupid decisions over there anyway?

Message 2 of 11 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 10, 2011

Ubisoft rather make a Rayman game than another Rainbow 6 ...pretty lame

plz_dont_hate_me Trophy Card
Message 3 of 11 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 10, 2011

Dude during the Microsoft E3 Press Conference they said that all future Tom Clancy games will get Kinect support... Which kinda implies that they will make more Tomy Clancy games. Just because you spoke to a person of Ubisoft does not mean they know everything. For one he/she may work at an entirely different branch of Ubisoft and their branch doesn't deal with Tom Clancy.

Message 4 of 11 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jun 10, 2011

Ahh bummer, but something that i kinda knew about the RSV series. I freaking loved those games so much! I played endless hours, seriously. Till my eyes burned and my head hurt. I always hoped that one day they'd continue on to the third one. Oh flippin well.

Message 5 of 11 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Jun 10, 2011

Don't diss Rayman. The 3 main Rayman games were amazing. Rayman 2:The Great Escape on Dreamcast was/is one of the best games ever.

rayman2.jpg

Message 6 of 11 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 9, 2011

I haven't checked out the rainbow six vegas' for ps3 yet, but yea they look alright...  I remember the first one for pc was awesome!! I may have to pick up a used copy since it is pretty cheap...

Message 7 of 11 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 25, 2012
I Love this game
Message 8 of 11 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Nov 6, 2012
That frkn sucks. I barely picked up rsv2 for $8 and love it. It's fun and I like how its team based, def more fun than cod. Me and my bro are always playing. I never picked up a rainbow six game because back in the ps1 days I remember playing one and it was slow and not very fun. So that ruined it for me. I really hope they make a Vegas 3 or another rainbow six game, maybe Europe or something, that would be cool change in scenery.
If there is a future release ill be sure to buy it
Message 9 of 11 (437 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I think we all no by now that this thread is **bleep** lol

Message 10 of 11 (347 Views)
0 Likes