First Son
23 posts

Re: Rainbow Six Vegas Misses Launch Window, Expected Jan 07

Nov 21, 2006
No big deal. I rather have it delayed than to get a half done game just to please the higher ups.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

yea......

Nov 22, 2006
it really sucks that its been delayed, but like everyone else, id rather have a complete game than get it early.  360 wins this war....
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Nov 22, 2006
well if you're getting a Walmart bundle including 12 games it's kinda nice to have them trickle in
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Nov 22, 2006
I could of swore I saw this game at GAmestop
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1388 posts

Nov 23, 2006
The Cell Processors might need more getting used to before they can fully utilize it's full potential. From what I've read, and seen the games that were up for launch seemed rushed. Ports, and what not? Plenty of explainations.
The angry views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of a Sony fanboy and are of a personal nature.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Nov 26, 2006
WOW, i was really looking forward to playing this game too
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I think I'm going to have to get this for the 360. I can't wait til Jan 30, 2007. I'd rather wait for SOCOM maybe. They missed the mark on the PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 6, 2006
I cant wait till this game comes out....looks awesome.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Dec 6, 2006
Actually this isn't news, IGN released a schedule for the upcoming PS3 games a few weeks ago.   Its better to be delayed than release some piece of crap that no one wants to play, i.e. Call of Duty 3 & Gundam for example.   When I first heard about Ranbow Six it was stated that it would not support the camera feature, hopefully this is being worked on and possibly some new features.

And as far as development goes, Sony gave 1st party developers more insight into programing for the ps3.  Insomiac can really be considered 1st party since Sony doesn't own them, more like 2nd party:smileyhappy:
For the ps3 to improve two thing are going to have to happen; Sony has to have more confrences or meetings centered around programming for the PS3, they are going to have to go into detail to other developers and create tools to make it more user friendly.  Also, developers have to be willing to accept change and be willing to relearn some aspects of programing to take full advantage of the hardware. 

I think the way games are made need to be overhauled, I believe its necessary for developers creating games for different consoles be split up so each team can work solely on each console.  One team should focuss primarily on the PS3, One team on the xbox 360 and another for the Wii when its necessary.  With consoles using entirely different chip designs, and the such, porting is not going to be acceptable, this is the reason some of the ps3 games have frame rate issues and the like, Cut&Paste will have to be done away with.  This is why 1st party games are usually better, because that developer only has to worry about one console and the reason for 3rd party developers needing to break down into teams. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Dec 20, 2006
I've played the 360 version. It rocks. I would rather they fix everything now and do right the first time. I am sure they also had to rework the multiplayer system, since XBL is totally different. All the friends/clan items have to be built into the game, since PS3 doesn't have a gamertag system in the PS3 network. Playing R:FoM I am kind of growing on that system vs. XBL. I like having friends list within each game title.

Just the fact you can peer around corners with exposing yourself makes this a great shooter game. The rappelling features are great too. That's the new standard, and games like CoD3 are going to have to follow. RB6:V and GoW are setting the standard in next gen. play. The graphics are better in single player mode vs. multiplayer, thats the only downside I saw on the 360. But still a great game.
PSN: SGT_2AD
1st Counter-Terrorism Detachment
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (18 Views)
0 Likes