Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Re: So do people still play this?

Jul 29, 2010

Thats what I'm wondering. Can anyone tell me if RSV1 still has somewhat of an online player base?

Message 11 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Aug 10, 2010

I want to give this one a try.

It was fun on PC.

Message 12 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Sep 1, 2010

well i heard about this game, wanting to get it , i found the game TCRS V for the psp . hearing how great the game was i played it but the story was completly different . about two members of RS but not the whole squad based gameplay like i wanted it to be But , i still beat it and it reminded me of another game(demo) that i had played earlyer , LOGANS  SHADOW. pretty much the same mechanics but loved the control basis of the two games . just dissappointed it wasnt the same as its ps3 counter part . would love to play that too but no ps3 :-(-

to those who know this same sinario is seen in POP TFS as console and handheld games (except ps3/360) every version of the game is DIFFERENT! no matter which handheld or console

other than that ps3/psps are GREAT

Message 13 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Sep 13, 2010

RSV2 is a great game.  Waaay different than the COD series.  I really only ever play the coop with clan mates who have played it since it came out.  I'm pretty new to it myself.  They've warned me about going online...apparently unless you've got it down, you better be ready to die a lot.  For me though this is one of those games that just fun to goof off on.  Incendiary grenades and C4 make for some laughs  

http://ourgamesourbond.com/

www.thehangarbay.com
Message 14 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Sep 30, 2010

I'm hoping they do. I haven't played this game in ages and it has been collecting dust on my shelf for a long time. A friend and I were thinking about going back onto it because we remembered how great it used to be.  Hopefully there are still those who play it online.

Message 15 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Nov 6, 2010
Ive been playing it since it launched and despite some issues with P2P servers, even online is pretty damn good. You do have to get ready to adjust your play style, the movement is heavier than any other game with Killzone 2 being a close second. A good thing to know(what makes it different) is that you can choose how much or how little armor you want to wear, you can choose how your guy looks, facial features, eyewear, helmets etc. The only thing that really matters is armor, and you can choose to wear none...you can also wear gas masks and use tear gas as well as incendiary grenades. You can customize your weapons nicely and can even put a scope on a shotgun which does help(not increase range but vision) among many other things. Point being that despite its age it still offers some things that other shooters dont. Depending on the hosts connection and even spawn timer, lag can be an issue but you'll get over it if you really appreciate the game. Online is solid, Co Op is good, especially online and a Unique mode called Terrorist hunts are very fun too, and like someone else said, some of the stuff Terrorists say to each other during a shoot out is funny, you will laugh.
Message 16 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Dec 10, 2010

evildoneright wrote:

Do a lot of people still play the 1st vegas game online?

No. I have R6V1 and 2 and even during high traffic hours, theres damn near NO ONE playing Rainbow Six Vegas, there ARE however LOTS of people still playing Rainbow Six Vegas Two.

I still get on every now and then, when i want to take a break from MAG and Gran Turismo 5.

Message 17 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I tried to get back on it the other day and the controls seem way too sluggish now. Ive been playing too much COD because even putting the X and Y on 10 sensitivity isnt enough.

Message 18 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 19, 2011

I just got the game again i sold it when my first ps3 took a dump on me years ago and being more worried about fixing up cars i forgot my old screenname an all my online stuff so i got a new ps3 and picked up RSV2 again because its just awsome having to start over sucks but its awsome i forgot how hard it actually is i can play cod of bfbc and own all day but to play a game like this is like nothing else its hard online is still busy most the time and the people online arent like cod fanboys with there nukes and 360 drop shots in otherwords no little kids who have no lives screaming threw the mic's everytime they get shot an feel cheated alot more maturity on this game still love it back to lvl6 got a long ways to go

Message 19 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 4, 2012

A lot of ppl still play RSV1...Start playing again u will see.Rarely at times there are no rooms if there is no rooms there HAS to be at least an started one.Most of the started ones are always about to end or at least most of the time.

Message 20 of 23 (235 Views)
0 Likes