Oct 16 2010
By: Jasko45 Sackboy 525 posts

Ubi, news on next R6 installment?

12 replies 335 views Edited Oct 16, 2010

Last R6 game was in 08' w/ Vegas 2. I'm woundering if/when we're going to hear any news on a new Rainbow Six game. Maybe back to R6 roots.  And Enough of Ghost Recon..

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5586 posts

Re: Ubi, news on next R6 installment?

Oct 24, 2010

Last time I checked, I believe Ubisoft did not have any word on whether a new Rainbow Six Vegas would be created. For some reason, they even said it probably won't happen.

Photobucket
I've done the math and discovered I was never part of the equation.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Oct 26, 2010
Mann, it sucks. Because the R6 has always been one of my favorite tactical shooters. Terrorist Hunt FTW
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Nov 4, 2010

iTzScotia wrote:

Last time I checked, I believe Ubisoft did not have any word on whether a new Rainbow Six Vegas would be created. For some reason, they even said it probably won't happen.

If they don't make one, its their own fault. I love Rainbow 6 V2 and even 1(wish i still had it) but from the very outside as good as it is and as much as i love it, Ubisoft rushed it a bit and didn't polish it as much as they could. So if negative feedback is the proplem, they can only blame themselves.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4186 posts

Nov 5, 2010

This'll probably sound childish, but if Ubisoft doesn't make another R6 then they are idiots.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Nov 6, 2010

BATTLEFACE wrote:

This'll probably sound childish, but if Ubisoft doesn't make another R6 then they are idiots.

I'ld say so, they don't have to make it too high budget, just don't rush it and it will sell eitherway. When you think about it, there's really only one game like Rainbow 6 on any platform, and its rainbow 6, even Ghost Recon isn't too much like it, in my opinion anyway. Also its PEC customization system speaks for itself, very fully fleshed system and still nice that Silencers are std option on all weapons able to use them...if you could add R6s system with CODs custom camo, it would be complete.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4186 posts

Nov 6, 2010

animal84 wrote:

BATTLEFACE wrote:

I'ld say so, they don't have to make it too high budget, just don't rush it and it will sell eitherway. When you think about it, there's really only one game like Rainbow 6 on any platform, and its rainbow 6, even Ghost Recon isn't too much like it, in my opinion anyway. Also its PEC customization system speaks for itself, very fully fleshed system and still nice that Silencers are std option on all weapons able to use them...if you could add R6s system with CODs custom camo, it would be complete.

Rainbow 6 V1 & V2 were of the best shooters to hit the current generation consoles, in my opinion. The only problem was that they used P2P instead of dedicated servers. Other than that, it baffles my mind that there might not be another R6 game.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Nov 6, 2010
Solid shooters no doubt. Loads of content in the Vegas series. Id like something along the lines of raven shield or r6 lockdown. Those were great..
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
735 posts

Nov 6, 2010

they are working on one but you know they proably using a different engine cause of UE3 is dated so they may trying to get UE3 modifed version like danger close used for MoH single  player.

Stuff take time im glad they not made another r6 give them time see what completion doin and come out harder then dem

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Nov 6, 2010
Thats true, i just hope they don't follow the competition too much, i like COD and BFBC2(MAG too) but Rainbow is its own type of fight so hopefully they check others but stick to their own formula for the most part.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes