Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 19 2006
By: hotshot- I Only Post Everything 1277 posts

this going to be as good as the xbox one?

20 replies 24 views Edited Nov 19, 2006
im pretty sure that rainbow six games for xbox are the most popular online shooters for that system like socom is for playstation and since i guess most people love the game online for the xbox do you guys think it will be just as good for the ps3?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
27123 posts

Re: this going to be as good as the xbox one?

Nov 21, 2006
I would guess especially if it can produce some of the thing sthat SOCOM brought and several developers constantly leave out fo games. Resistance is great but it missing some of the gaemplay features I have grown to love.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Nov 22, 2006
This one is shinier
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Nov 22, 2006
It might be as good as the 360 format. Although the 360 has the option to render your face in the multiplayer games. I picked it up yesterday and it was sweeeeeeeeet. Great game for the 360. And probably be as good and maybe even be visually better on the ps3.

My living room setup:
Samsung HP-S5053 (50" plasma) | Yamaha 6.1-channel Digital Home Theater |
DishNetwork VIP HD 622 DVR | HDMI switcher | Lynksys hub | Xbox 360 | PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Nov 22, 2006
It will be better on PS3. On 360 the quality of the character models change to adapt to the enviroment.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Nov 22, 2006
Isn't it just a a port to the PS3.  I'm sure the 360 will be better.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12617 posts

Nov 22, 2006

Gohst wrote:
It will be better on PS3. On 360 the quality of the character models change to adapt to the enviroment.

you think that is going to be different in ps3?

no

and ps3 can only mold their faces to their liking. the 360 can snap a pic and mod them onto a character.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

Nov 23, 2006
I played the multiplayer demo, and the game is definately fun.  The gameplay is great, but graphicaly, it does not look as fluid and as good as Ghost Recon Advance War fighter. 

I'm hoping they're delaying it to polish the game for the PS3.  I hope they put more work in porting than the folks that did the port of COD3.  I don't mind the wait, and I really hope they do a good job on the port.

What I would really like to see is a Rainbow 6 for the PS3 done from the ground up, not just a port, but one coded and developed for the PS3 with the purpose of making use of the PS3 hardware to its fullest.  Now that would be awesome
PSNetwork ID: AdvanDelta
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9131 posts

Nov 26, 2006

kman79 wrote:
I played the multiplayer demo, and the game is definately fun.  The gameplay is great, but graphicaly, it does not look as fluid and as good as Ghost Recon Advance War fighter. 

I'm hoping they're delaying it to polish the game for the PS3.  I hope they put more work in porting than the folks that did the port of COD3.  I don't mind the wait, and I really hope they do a good job on the port.

What I would really like to see is a Rainbow 6 for the PS3 done from the ground up, not just a port, but one coded and developed for the PS3 with the purpose of making use of the PS3 hardware to its fullest.  Now that would be awesome

yes, it would, but this is ubisoft we're talking about...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 26, 2006

stonetemplepilot wrote:

kman79 wrote:

yes, it would, but this is ubisoft we're talking about...

Exactly.  They are using the 360 as the basis for their development on multiplatform games so I don't expect them to do anything special for the PS3 versions.

And I believe on IGN, they think the delay may be to get online right.

But as the initial poster said, it would be nice to see a Rainbow Six built from the ground up on the PS3.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (24 Views)
0 Likes