Mar 29 2013
By: twiggy1807 Splicer 76 posts

How is the MP?

13 replies 354 views Edited Mar 29, 2013

Just wondering how the mulitplayer portion of the game is. I am about 60% on single player, and notice that quite a few of the trophies are from the MP. I have been playing AC3 Mp and enjoy it, despite the run arounders; is this MP like Uncharted or COD

Who dares,wins!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (354 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10492 posts

Re: How is the MP?

Mar 29, 2013

The first night I had tried searching for a multiplayer match, the game says it found one, but then the connection didn't go through to a lobby... and thus I was forced to try searching again. The same result happened a couple more times.

The next day I finally wound up in a lobby for the game known as Rescue, which has one team trying to collect medical supplies laid out in the open across the field while the other team of enemies just has to keep blasting away to try and stop them. It's sort of like a spin on Capture the Flag or Uncharted's treasure-carrying game. The match though seemed very unfair. There was maybe about five or seven players on the other team versus the three or four we had. You have no ability to slide up against the wall for cover, so basically you have to try to hope that you can hit your enemy before they get you. I just kept dying while shooting upon a single enemy, from which they were often banded together firing upon my team from the distance and always pushing up on our team's base.

From what I've played of the multiplayer I can't say that I like it very much. It seems to come off as a very different game from the single-player. The visuals are much more degraded and apparently the gameplay just seems tossed together as a sloppy means to compile a format for networking. While half of the trophy list is composed of multiplayer, the online gaming in Tomb Raider (from what I can tell) doesn't come across as too inviting. I don't think I'll put much time into competing here.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (350 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28755 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Multiplayer seems to be very laggy. I don't know if they'll patch it. I also don't like the party up system they have. It's much better in games like Uncharted. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (346 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3761 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I've yet to play it, but I've heard many cons about it on PS3.

I watched by brother play it with some friends on XBOX. It ran fine, it was packed, and looked like a blast.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Thanks for the advice all, I will take it into consideration. Kinda sucks that so many trophies are MP oriented though...

Who dares,wins!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4150 posts

May 4, 2013

I tried playing it again the other day and at times it still got laggy when I was shooting people, I think it would've been better if it was like 12 players and the lag was gone.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 4, 2013

Like most peope have stated, I've experienced the lag as well.

I find MP interesting, yet there's still that lag.

As for trophies for MP, my brother has had no issue getting the trophies in that mode. I for one, haven't worked my way to even bother.

I believe you can only prestige 3 times, and you'll have to do so, in ordere to obtain a trophy. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

May 6, 2013
Very laggy. Matchmaking is unbalanced- level 1s getting put up against legacies. The concept is nice, but the MP is, easily put, unpolished and imperfect.

It tries too hard to be on the same caliber of Uncharted, but fails miserably.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 6, 2013

Are you helping people get the multiplayer trophies?  I just need three...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4150 posts

May 8, 2013

They made it stupid easy to cheat too.

With the whole private match thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (243 Views)
0 Likes