Game has been pushed back. Tomb Raider dev blog
^She sure does talk alot to herself. SHUT UP!
^Don't really understand what is happening in this trailer, but it looks good.
Eurogamer has learned that Crystal Dynamics is hard at work on the next main game in the Tomb Raider series that should be released during the Christmas period 2011.
Crystal Dynamics is currently exclusively working on the Tomb Raider franchise, a source told us.
Although our source was unable to confirm rumours that the game's subtitle will be Downfall, we do know that it will be released for multiple platforms including PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Earlier this week a number of artworks popped up on ex-CD artist Joel Boucquemont's site.
Those listed under Tomb Raider show a devastated and deserted cityscape and some dark environments.
Our source said "some" of the artworks featured on the site relate to the next Tomb Raider game.
In July last year, a leaked document was linked to the development of a brand new Tomb Raider game.
It detailed a "reboot" that would explore the origins of a "young and inexperienced Lara Croft" who investigates tombs in an island off the coast of Japan. We've been told the document did indeed relate to the new Tomb Raider game in question.
They are going to have to work real hard to win me back over after that massive disappointment that is TR: Underworld. Such a lazy designed and buggy game. Why can't Lara get a great debut on next gen consoles? This makes twice now that the ball has been dropped with her debut on a new console.
Any new TR game will be a wait and see the reviews instead of an automatic pre-order.
I just hope that this "reboot" will be taken seriously by the publisher, because it's been a long time without a very good Tomb Rider.
As I said in another thread, I hope this fresh take on the Tomb Raider games sparks my interest in the series. So far from what I've heard, the changes are for the better. I may not know a lot about the series but I think this reboot is a good idea. Apart from the recently released downloadable game, I think the series has been somewhat exhausted over the years. Hopefully the newest entry can change this.
Oh, man, I've read the cover story, and it's amazing! It'll definitely be worth the wait.Oh, man, I've read the cover story, and it's amazing! It'll definitely be worth the wait. Adding to your thread rojito:
- Lara can die brutally if you aren't careful, GI writes how a giant rock ultimately crushes her head, they say it looks like an M-rated game.
- One of the things that the team didn't want to change was Lara's eyes, they noticed how testers didn't focus on her body attributes, but on her striking brown eyes.
- Lara has to scavenge for new tools.
- She is not alone in the island: there are survivors, and the island inhabitants; no strange creatures have been mentioned.
- Water and food is necessary to stay alive.
- The world is open, and to facilitate the exploration there are camps which help to fast travel.
- The boat in which Lara was before she shipwrecked was called the Endurance, which is a reference to a 20th century real boat that sank.