Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 02 2012
By: rojito Treasure Hunter 7030 posts

New Tomb Raider delayed until Spring 2013

26 replies 1384 views Edited Jun 2, 2012

NEW

Game has been pushed back. Tomb Raider dev blog

^She sure does talk alot to herself. SHUT UP!

^Don't really understand what is happening in this trailer, but it looks good.

Eurogamer has learned that Crystal Dynamics is hard at work on the next main game in the Tomb Raider series that should be released during the Christmas period 2011.

Crystal Dynamics is currently exclusively working on the Tomb Raider franchise, a source told us.

Although our source was unable to confirm rumours that the game's subtitle will be Downfall, we do know that it will be released for multiple platforms including PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Earlier this week a number of artworks popped up on ex-CD artist Joel Boucquemont's site.

Those listed under Tomb Raider show a devastated and deserted cityscape and some dark environments.

Our source said "some" of the artworks featured on the site relate to the next Tomb Raider game.

In July last year, a leaked document was linked to the development of a brand new Tomb Raider game.

It detailed a "reboot" that would explore the origins of a "young and inexperienced Lara Croft" who investigates tombs in an island off the coast of Japan. We've been told the document did indeed relate to the new Tomb Raider game in question.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Re: New Tomb Raider due Xmas 2011

Jul 1, 2010

They are going to have to work real hard to win me back over after that massive disappointment that is TR: Underworld. Such a lazy designed and buggy game. Why can't Lara get a great debut on next gen consoles? This makes twice now that the ball has been dropped with her debut on a new console.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
910 posts

Jul 1, 2010
Yep they are in a pretty deep hole with me over Underworld as well. I was pretty jazzed after Legend and Anniversary thinking they'd 'got it together' but Underworld is such a mess I haven't finished it.

Any new TR game will be a wait and see the reviews instead of an automatic pre-order.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2950 posts

Jul 1, 2010
Now the real question is: will it look as good as that artwork?

I just hope that this "reboot" will be taken seriously by the publisher, because it's been a long time without a very good Tomb Rider.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7030 posts

Re: New Tomb Raider Info

Dec 8, 2010

updated

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11832 posts

Dec 8, 2010

As I said in another thread, I hope this fresh take on the Tomb Raider games sparks my interest in the series. So far from what I've heard, the changes are for the better. I may not know a lot about the series but I think this reboot is a good idea. Apart from the recently released downloadable game, I think the series has been somewhat exhausted over the years. Hopefully the newest entry can change this.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 8, 2010

i think this game will be great im actually looking forward to this lara croft game lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6519 posts

Dec 8, 2010

ingame screenshot buddeh 

thats been confirmed 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2950 posts

Dec 8, 2010

Oh, man, I've read the cover story, and it's amazing! It'll definitely be worth the wait.Oh, man, I've read the cover story, and it's amazing! It'll definitely be worth the wait. Adding to your thread rojito:

• Lara can die brutally if you aren't careful, GI writes how a giant rock ultimately crushes her head, they say it looks like an M-rated game.
  • One of the things that the team didn't want to change was Lara's eyes, they noticed how testers didn't focus on her body attributes, but on her striking brown eyes.
  • Lara has to scavenge for new tools.
  • She is not alone in the island: there are survivors, and the island inhabitants; no strange creatures have been mentioned.
  • Water and food is necessary to stay alive.
  • The world is open, and to facilitate the exploration there are camps which help to fast travel.
  • The boat in which Lara was before she shipwrecked was called the Endurance, which is a reference to a 20th century real boat that sank.
And the pictures are also amazing. Can't wait for the game!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Dec 8, 2010
I think this will be one of the best in the series. I was disappointed with Underworld, but this seems like it will be amazing.
ckpotc Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (1,384 Views)
0 Likes