Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 10 2013
By: FreshRevenge Fender Bender 4118 posts

Playstation users Shafted with Tomb Raider!

16 replies 762 views Edited Mar 10, 2013

Okay is it me or what, but all I see is Xbox is getting all the attention with this title and Playstation users are getting shaft? I mean I thought Tomb Raider became popular on the Playstation. So why is there this division with content given?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 1 of 17 (762 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3637 posts

Re: Playstation users Shafted with Tomb Raider!

Mar 10, 2013

Microsoft payed them to get the content first. Kinda lame yea but so far its just a map pack so not that big a deal.

Message 2 of 17 (747 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4191 posts

Mar 10, 2013

FreshRevenge wrote:

Okay is it me or what, but all I see is Xbox is getting all the attention with this title and Playstation users are getting shaft? I mean I thought Tomb Raider became popular on the Playstation. So why is there this division with content given?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

Does it matter? PlayStation does the same thing. PS3 has gotten timed-exclusive content for games too.

It all depends on who (Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo) is willing to pay more for the content/and/or who has the better relationship with the developers/publishers.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 17 (744 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Mar 12, 2013

While there have been some timed exclusives, or even just some exclusive content available only to PS3 users, the thing is most gamers DO NOT like this.  It's entirely worth mentioning that Microsoft is by far the most common offender in this, and it's really stupid.  

It's very easy to say that it's not a big deal, and hey, if video games suddenly stopped existing, it wouldn't even be a big deal.  The Earth would still spin around.

It's nothing more than a subversive attempt at influencing a person to want to buy both consoles.  Blah, blah, blah, just buy both consoles...what if there is no REASON to want to play two consoles?  Seriously now, the game is not made or published by either console team, why would CD irritate PS3 only customers?

You walk into a gamestop or buy it online, and you see the ads..."Exclusive content available for xbox 360 owners!"  Isn't that a little agitating?

I don't get told I can't buy a certain belt at Macy's because I'm wearing Guess jeans and the hot new design is only available to people wearing CK.

cirkustanz
Metroidvania is my favorite style of game...Would love a sequel to Harmony of Despair!
Message 4 of 17 (703 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4191 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

Cirkustanz wrote:

While there have been some timed exclusives, or even just some exclusive content available only to PS3 users, the thing is most gamers DO NOT like this.  It's entirely worth mentioning that Microsoft is by far the most common offender in this, and it's really stupid.  

It's very easy to say that it's not a big deal, and hey, if video games suddenly stopped existing, it wouldn't even be a big deal.  The Earth would still spin around.

It's nothing more than a subversive attempt at influencing a person to want to buy both consoles.  Blah, blah, blah, just buy both consoles...what if there is no REASON to want to play two consoles?  Seriously now, the game is not made or published by either console team, why would CD irritate PS3 only customers?

You walk into a gamestop or buy it online, and you see the ads..."Exclusive content available for xbox 360 owners!"  Isn't that a little agitating?

I don't get told I can't buy a certain belt at Macy's because I'm wearing Guess jeans and the hot new design is only available to people wearing CK.

I'm sure people who only own an XBOX360 felt agitated when they saw "Assassin's Creed III" had "Exclusive" content on the PS3. (It was only the Benedict Arnold missions.) And for "Tomb Raider" XBOX360 is only getting Map packs as timed exclusive content. Nothing I personally care about.

It happens. 

Every console has something to offer, IMO. I own a PS3, 360, and Wii.

Though, my main console is my PS3 (the one I buy all multi-platform games for.)

Only reason to own all three -- Exclusives.

I haven't bought many 360 games because most of their exclusives are online multiplayer oriented games, and I don't feel like paying to play online. Besides, PS3 owns the best exclusive games, IMO.

PS4 will no doubt be my main console in the next-generation. I'd still love to get a Wii U eventually and Microsoft's NextBox.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 5 of 17 (698 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15509 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Both consoles? NO...lol its about wanting to you to buy the game for a certain console.

Message 6 of 17 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I was under the impression that we were getting some of the same things. It said that it had rewards for Playstation Home like Batman Arkham Asylum and Red Dead Redemption, but that turned out to be a lie...I'm just hopping for a Playstation exclusive dlc
Message 7 of 17 (617 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29198 posts

Mar 19, 2013

There are no Home rewards for Tomb Raider. I got my platinum this week and nothing when loading Home even though Home is mentioned on the back of the game box. It's truly a shame that we get nothing and that other console company has content for it's xbox live avatars.

Message 8 of 17 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Yea I saw that...and I'm highly upset that they just gave Xbox everything and left us with nothing...I feel if they can make an avatar for them then they can make clothes for us in Home.
Message 9 of 17 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Since most Xbox exclusives have come over to the PS3 I am fine with letting them have timed exclusives. Those poor guys need something to feel good about besides some HALO.

Message 10 of 17 (592 Views)
0 Likes