Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
12250 posts

Re: REMAKE is good!! (Tomb Raider)

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

fleinn wrote:
So.. a "re-imagination"? They've put in and improved so many elements from the original games that "remake" kind of works..

The correct term here would be "Reboot".

Much like the new DmC was a reboot.

A restart to the series.

"Remake" implies that it is the same game as one that currently exists, only with enhanced features/graphics.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 21 (225 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15744 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

fleinn wrote:
Well.. did you play the original? :smileytongue:

no..  i didn't play the Tomb Raider that were on the PSone..

as stated above.. i played the Anniversary (PS2)  and the underworld (PS3)

but i like it that the game is Mature rated.. .. since i'm sure developer will have to alter the game a bit  if the rating was TEEN.

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
**********The LAST GUARDIAN**********
Message 12 of 21 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15744 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

fleinn wrote:
So.. a "re-imagination"? They've put in and improved so many elements from the original games that "remake" kind of works..

you should play this game! :smileyhappy:  it's pretty good!.. play like uncharted. .. the the environment and the gameplay are more mature (blood, gore, etc..) comparing to uncharted..

for me.. it was a fun.. much better than DMC or Dead Space 3 ....

Message 13 of 21 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6470 posts

Mar 13, 2013
I like this game it`s really good, the single player experience is great. I don`t normally play online multiplayer, but I tried it and didn`t like the online multiplayer to much.

There is a good bit to explore in this game, and optional tombs. By the way you said you can replay areas again, I know what you meant, but what you said is not exactly correct, you can go to any area you previously been to either by walking there or fast travel, but you don`t replay the area, it`s the same as you left it. So you can go back to collect anything you missed, it seems enemies don`t normally respawn, I hear there may be a certain place where they do, but not most places.

I haven`t finished the game yet, but I think I am pretty cool, I hope they go ahead and do sequels for it, I know it has done pretty well.
Message 14 of 21 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15744 posts

Mar 14, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:
I like this game it`s really good, the single player experience is great. I don`t normally play online multiplayer, but I tried it and didn`t like the online multiplayer to much.

I haven`t finished the game yet, but I think I am pretty cool, I hope they go ahead and do sequels for it, I know it has done pretty well.

the online is not something to write home about :/

for sequels.. if the reception is good and they sold enough copies :smileyhappy:

Message 15 of 21 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6470 posts

Mar 14, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

chaos_789 wrote:

the online is not something to write home about :/

for sequels.. if the reception is good and they sold enough copies :smileyhappy:

Ya, I am sure it sold enough, it seems to be quite popular, within 48 hours of it launching, they reported that 1 million people were playing the game.

Message 16 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 19, 2013

This game was really well made. The story was good and you could really see the progression of the character from inexperienced to full blown badass. I just hope they keep the character progression going, I also felt the orginal Lara was pretty one note and bland. But that's just me

Message 17 of 21 (158 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4191 posts

Mar 19, 2013

If anyone is sitting on this game because they don't think it is a "must buy."

They are missing out.

All the buzz this reboot is is getting reminds me of 1996, when "Tomb Raider" came out for PS1.

It was almost impossible to find a copy in stores. (this was before a GameStop or a GameCrazy were on every corner.)

Now history is repeating itself with the reboot. I have a friend who waited a week to buy it. He couldn't find it at the first few stores he went to. When he finally picked it up, the guy at the store said everytime they get a shipment in, the game sells out in a few days.

It's no wonder this sold over 1 million copies in less than 48 hours.

It didn't take long for the word to spread how great it was. Word of mouth (and the internet) can make or break a game's sales.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 18 of 21 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29200 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I adore the game. Anyone missing this one is really losing out. I can't wait for a sequel. 

Message 19 of 21 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3646 posts

Mar 19, 2013

This game was freaking awesome! CD did an outstanding job on it and hope to see them do another one in the future. Multiplayer was unnecessary though.

Message 20 of 21 (140 Views)
0 Likes