Mar 5, 2013

Asraik wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Asraik wrote:

left4bread3 wrote:

I'm about to go to the shops to buy this, Im getting it for the single player but hopefully the MP is good also

I can't run the multiplayer (well I get low FPS), this computer isn't state of the art it can run most new games but not well enough to perform as if this computer (well actually, this is a laptop not a computer) was brand new. I also updated the post with new images.

I'll help out on this one then.

I've had it since yesterday and played it a lot

Single Player is vastly superior to U3. I may say it's got an even better script than Uncharted 2, Now that isn't me saying Uncharted 2 is bad, Uncharted 2 had one of the best scripts written in my memory only surpassed by Heavy Rain.

Tomb Raider's SP is an easy 10/10 IGN were smoking something.

The MP? haha. Okay I said I'd admit it if it was awful and bah gawd it's easily the worst MP I've ever played, bunny hopping like pogo sticks, sprint... Once again.. Added for the sake of it, No aim assist at all (Yeah some Uncharted vets will apparently love this until they try it and see that I'm right about aim assist being a vital part on a console controller) If you play the alternatves known as GTA/RDR or Max Payne with aim help off, everyone stands way back picking everyone off, why? Because you can't play the game any other way without assists on a pad, it would just become all stupid close up. Yeah maybe some people like that.. I don't know, but it makes the game look stupid and isn't going to have mass appeal.

Oh and all the maps are Tiny. Smaller than desert village. and you get moments where your spawn trapped.

That said. I've played these kind of games on a PC also and they played pretty well there with the decent aiming controls of a mouse and keyboard, you need that kind of tool to be able to control the frantic pace the game plays at.

So yeah It may be a fantastic MP on a PC. it really feels like it was designed solely for the PC gamer and not even console tested in the slightest.

Tomb Raiders MP makes Uncharted 3 look like it was designed by complete multiplayer gods.

It does make me think a little, am I too harsh on ND? I am... Yeah. But it's because I know Uncharted 3 could have been way better if it was given some love.

Just curious, if you have to pick between Tomb Raider and Uncharted 2, both SP and MP,  which one you think is better? :smileytongue:

Hmm..

I'd have to say Tomb Raider slightly edges out Uncharted 2 on the SP.

As for MP.

I'd have to be as reasonable as possible and say.. Uncharted 2 makes Tomb Raider look like it was designed like Monkeys held against their will and forced to write code for a game.

Tomb Raiders MP isn't even a passable effort, it's a do not touch it unless you want the trophies.

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Guess I'll have to buy it for the SP then! XD

It's a great game for the SP. No doubt about it.

If really it's as good as UC2 SP, then will be worth to me! I do love a good SP :smileyvery-happy:

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 25 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Screenshots of Tomb Raider

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

I know only complain I got about the MP on this game is like someone said earlier, no aim assist. Plus since it's a new game I donno if its the game lagging or losing frames. But I enjoy it so far. Best part about it. NO BLINDFIRE plus 3 hit melees that don't autolock.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 25 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Mar 5, 2013

How are the hip/blindfire mechanics?

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 25 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Stark_Raven_ wrote:

None and 3 hit melees that don't autolock

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 25 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13262 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Lenown wrote:

Stark_Raven_ wrote:

None and 3 hit melees that don't autolock

I guess I missed some positives. lol.