Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 09 2013
By: vigilhonor Monster Hunter 43 posts

Stuck again...lol

9 replies 305 views Edited Apr 9, 2013

OK its called cliffside village.  Just got through watching pilot die moved on got rope use it to kill bad guys  now I'm at place where it tells you to do a rope bridge....I have no rope left.  Is there a way to override or  another button to push to activate rope arrow vs regular?  A new pile of rope someplace?  A dfferent route?  Maybe een a wy to start that particular section over so I don't us all my rope up without having to start a whole new game

Message 1 of 10 (305 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11170 posts

Re: Stuck again...lol

Apr 10, 2013

Running out of rope is not an option in Tomb Raider. Using the R2 button when aiming with the bow and arrow, you'll have endless rope streaming out of Lara's shots. You'll be able to use this method to not only drag objects and enemies, but you can create wired points to get across. From what I remember, there's no objective in which you're ever actually gathering/spending rope in Tomb Raider.

Message 2 of 10 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I seem to be only shooting regular arrows. Is ther a way to make it shoot what ever type you want.  I am asuming I will get fire arrros later.  I see the aim point turn into a triangle but no joy.  Am I maybe shooting at an area that doesn't take an arrow (bounces)?

Message 3 of 10 (297 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11170 posts

Apr 10, 2013

What the game should inform you about once you receive the bow upgrade to launch grapple ropes across the way is that you'll need to aim it at those distinctive coils of ropes you see wrapped around a pole or a door. Have you ever noticed white rope all tied up at the top of a wooden post, for example? If you're standing next to a small wooden post and one of these spots is across the way, what you'll need to do is first aim with the bow, holding R2. Your targeting symbol will change into a triangle shape on the HUD. Let go of R2 when it's red on top of the coil. Lara will then fire the rope and attach the other end to the wooden post she's standing next to so that she can slide down or ascend it.

Message 4 of 10 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Thnaks so much for your help.  I was using the r1 button instead of the r2.  I guess you forget things if you don't play the game for 4  or so days later after you get a new toy.

Just a quick question.  I have mastered all the 6 basic skills and have a point available.  It won't let me research/master a level 2 hardened skill..says I need to get all of them.  I have all of them done..I double checked on each one to see if they requred 2 points to gain full msatery (1 did and I got that earlier).  I am still rated a rookie.  What do I need to do to move that classification up

Message 5 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6482 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

There are three sets of skills to obtain.  You will have to spend the point in a different category.  Once you've spent enough skill points across two or three skills sets the hardened levels will open up.

The three sets are: Survivor Skills, Hunter Skills and Brawler Skills.

Once you spend enough in the Rookie level you'll open Hardened, spend more points to open up Survivalist.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 6 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Apr 11, 2013

LOL I just discovered that and was coming back to delete that bit.  I got all the survival skills and started brawler

Message 7 of 10 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
1104 posts

Jun 2, 2013
Yes. Firing a rope-arrow does NOT deplete your arrow stocks. Also, you can fire a rope using any of the three arrow types (normal, fire, or the other one that I cannot remember).
Message 8 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
1104 posts

Jun 2, 2013

vigilhonor wrote:

I seem to be only shooting regular arrows. Is ther a way to make it shoot what ever type you want.  I am asuming I will get fire arrros later.  I see the aim point turn into a triangle but no joy.  Am I maybe shooting at an area that doesn't take an arrow (bounces)?

All arrows can fire ropes at a rope-wrapped target. However, at some point in the game you aquire the capability to fire a rope-arrow into any climbable rockface.

Can't remember if this is a particular arrow type, or an enhanced capability of an upgraded bow.

Message 9 of 10 (236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Im pretty sure its the compound bow that is given to you on the beach. One of Lauras friends hands it to her. To use the other arrows you press up on the D pad to cycle through the different ones that you have.

"Robotech Defense Force Original"
Message 10 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes