Mar 25 2013
By: TJMVoyager Uncharted Territory 1496 posts

Tomb Raider (2013) Trophy Hunting

12 replies 956 views Edited Mar 25, 2013

A Couple of questions, I have killed way over 10 crows and 10 gulls, but yet got a trophy for them. Looted them as well.

2nd, all the bad guys are dead, some of the trophies you have to do 10 rope kills and kill with a rifle, but if none spawn, how do you finish it?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (956 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28744 posts

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) Trophy Hunting

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

You have to restart another playthrough. Enemies don't respawn in this game if you go back given you've killed them. Not sure what is up with the crows and gulls because if you kill and gut 10 you should have the trophy pop.

I had to do a second playthrough for Chatterbox. That is a nasty trophy especially given it's a hidden one besides. 

I believe the pull downs with a rope arrow are 5 kills. I personally had trouble with the dodge trophy – Former Adventurer. I think that was 25 and I ended up getting that near the end of my second playthrough. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (950 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Oh sweet, I am like 90% on the world map, :smileyhappy: One heck of a game, looks like multiplayer is going to be a little tough. I am level 2 on it, slowly but surely lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (943 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1234 posts

Mar 27, 2013

You'll find the more you play mp, the better you get, and the faster your leveling up seems to go. Knowing your levels will make you a better mp player which will of course earn you more xp :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (928 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4480 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Some enemies do respawn if you go back, but you'll have much more luck with a second playthrough.

I'm going to start a new playthrough to get the Rope Pull, Dodge, Kill 2 with dropped dynamite and Chatterbox trophies.  Wanted to play the first time without any hints from a walkthrough.  No way you'll get all the single player trophies without it, though.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (583 Views)
Survivor
1234 posts

Mar 27, 2013

lol, ikr, I actually looked up the missable trophies before I played and somehow I still missed the chatterbox trophy. I wasn't too upset though, the game is great and I have no problem playing it a second time for my plat :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (579 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28744 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

Spoiler!

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

v

Just be careful with Chatterbox because the second discussion with Dr. Whitman is bugged. You are supposed to collect 50 salvage before upgrading your axe. Be sure to talk to him first before upgrading. I found personally that the second discussion was bugged and had to continue to try talking to him, collecting 10 more salvage, try again and so on. It took quite a few tries before he finally started talking.

If you google it you'll find that it's not uncommon and probably needs a patch. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (576 Views)
Survivor
1234 posts

Mar 27, 2013

That's exactly the part that I messed up. I wish they had listed that as potentially glitched or at the very least mentioned that issue in the trophy guide I read :/ lol. awww well, 2nd playthrough here I come. Grats again Joanna on your platinum :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1496 posts

Mar 29, 2013
Okay, done all my challenges, except for one that I cannot figure out. I am on the pyromanic, got all but 1 latern, I think the game is gltiched or something. I downloaded the digital copy of this game, and it's closed by a bunch of wood and I cannot blast through it at all.

However on videos and screenshots I have looked at it shows its wide open to get the latern.

Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PySIZxo0iag

It's the first part of the video.

On mine it is covered with ply wood and wont allow me to enter it at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (558 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28744 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

Do you have the shotgun? You might need that to get past the plywood. I don't remember the specifics of that challenge and if I got it done the first time or if I had to fast track back to get it done. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (461 Views)
0 Likes