Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:


hope it has Blindfire :smileyhappy:


*sigh* :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 11 of 73 (638 Views)
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
262 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

Cyris wrote:
People need to stop with this.

You act like there's never been a video game to copy another video game before. Nobody cares.

It may be good, it may even be great, or it could totally suck.

One thing is for sure though... It has nothing to do with Uncharted 3's MP. So please, take this elsewhere.

Relaax,  I only posted here because I wanted to know what Uncharted fans think of it.

Message 12 of 73 (622 Views)
Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13525 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

CaressCarcass wrote:

Cyris wrote:
People need to stop with this.

You act like there's never been a video game to copy another video game before. Nobody cares.

It may be good, it may even be great, or it could totally suck.

One thing is for sure though... It has nothing to do with Uncharted 3's MP. So please, take this elsewhere.

Relaax,  I only posted here because I wanted to know what Uncharted fans think of it.


Uncharted fans will hate it, they love Uncharted.

 

Real gamers will love how it looks so far.



Message 13 of 73 (614 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
793 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

Wow, it looks awesome! :smileyhappy:

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 14 of 73 (597 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

CaressCarcass wrote:

Cyris wrote:
People need to stop with this.

You act like there's never been a video game to copy another video game before. Nobody cares.

It may be good, it may even be great, or it could totally suck.

One thing is for sure though... It has nothing to do with Uncharted 3's MP. So please, take this elsewhere.

Relaax,  I only posted here because I wanted to know what Uncharted fans think of it.


Uncharted fans will hate it, they love Uncharted.

 

Real gamers will love how it looks so far.


Uncharted fans are not "real gamers"? I don't understand. What is the definition of a "real gamer"?

I watched the video and although it tries to imitate Uncharted, it still looks like "yet another TPS with clunky animations", just like Max Payne 3.

I thought people here learnt their lesson with Max Payne 3, but I guess I was wrong. Seriously, when will people realize that excessive hype can only be a bad thing? When will they stop acting like junkies looking for their next dose of cheap thrill?

There, I said it! Most gamers these days are no different than junkies. That's why the industry goes downhill. Who knows, maybe history will repeat itself (80s video game industry crash).

/rant

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 15 of 73 (571 Views)
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
4825 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

That actually doesn't look bad. Infact I like some of the elements they are trying to incorporate into the game such as the traps.

 

I wish them luck. This looks to be a true competitor to the Uncharted MP if it's done right.

Message 16 of 73 (577 Views)
Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
1166 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

I've pre-ordered, a lot of people on my friends list seem excited about this as well.  Since Uncharted copied Tombraider, seems fair to have Tombraider copy right back.  (Is this what the kids call "meta"?)  Couple more months to find out.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 73 (569 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2122 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

Cyris wrote:
 Nobody cares.



 

I care. Very interested in this MP and TLoU. I like how I can come on here and get info on other 3rd person shooters. Even if the threads do get moved eventually.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 18 of 73 (566 Views)
Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13525 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

CaressCarcass wrote:

Cyris wrote:
People need to stop with this.

You act like there's never been a video game to copy another video game before. Nobody cares.

It may be good, it may even be great, or it could totally suck.

One thing is for sure though... It has nothing to do with Uncharted 3's MP. So please, take this elsewhere.

Relaax,  I only posted here because I wanted to know what Uncharted fans think of it.


Uncharted fans will hate it, they love Uncharted.

 

Real gamers will love how it looks so far.


Uncharted fans are not "real gamers"? I don't understand. What is the definition of a "real gamer"?

I watched the video and although it tries to imitate Uncharted, it still looks like "yet another TPS with clunky animations", just like Max Payne 3.

I thought people here learnt their lesson with Max Payne 3, but I guess I was wrong. Seriously, when will people realize that excessive hype can only be a bad thing? When will they stop acting like junkies looking for their next dose of cheap thrill?

There, I said it! Most gamers these days are no different than junkies. That's why the industry goes downhill. Who knows, maybe history will repeat itself (80s video game industry crash).

/rant


I didn't say that Uncharted fans are not real gamers, however: There is a fine line to be crossed when you are just a fan of a game or an obsessive over a game which is in fanboy/girl territory where you will do absolutely anything to defend what you love no matter how wrong you may be.

 

It's something I see a lot with CoD and Uncharted fans, they defend the games to no end despite them being a colossal mess.

 

There are a few Uncharted fans that can admit it has faults and they mostly ruin the experience.

 

Now. while many people will crap on Max Payne, overall does it beat Uncharted? No. But it does many things better than Uncharted. That is quite sad considering Rockstar just copy and pasted RDR.

 

One vital mechanic Uncharted did better made it the better game, The aiming modes in Max Payne and every other rockstar game are broken when it comes to MP, anyone would have expected they would have fixed that by then, but no...  You still have zero assist which is unplayable, or aimbot mode which does everything for you, neither one is any fun for most people, those who can mystically handle zero assist mode will have a blast with the game though.

 

I live in hope that something better or something that matches Uncharted will come along, because if any lesson is to be learnt from Uncharted 3 it's that... It's not awesome, It's not the best third person game available. It's 4th. Behind Gears 1 and 3 and Uncharted 2.

 

I really believe Tomb Raider will be awesome, I believe it will be way superior to Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2? Maybe not... Gamers who like this genre of games need Tomb Raider to be as good as I believe or expect ND to keep releasing bad MP games over and over again due to there being no competition. Activision employ Treyarch and Infinity Ward to do this every year with CoD. ND's 3rd Uncharted title reminds me of a CoD title, All polish, no substance, survives merely off it's blind fanbase who live in denial.

 

Maybe I haven't learnt, maybe I should quit believing in developers producing something good like people believe I should. I should have learnt way before Max Payne, I should have learnt with Uncharted 3.



Message 19 of 73 (553 Views)
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1239 posts
 

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 8, 2013

 

Check out the video at 5:59

 

Interviewer: "When do I get to game test.  When do I get to get my hands on the game"

Response:  "Soon.."

 

ND, somebody is infringing on your trademark.  Sue the beejesus out of them!

 

Message 20 of 73 (540 Views)
Reply