Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
3718 posts

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 9, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:
I wouldn't really say TR is trying to "imitate" Uncharted, if anything, Uncharted "imitated" TR. They are both great games and the MP looks promising at best. We will only know for sure after playing it for a month or so.

For TPP out there, it looks great.

You also hoping that TR has a nice and supported Co-op community?

I'm not really bothered tbh. The MP gameplay looks great and I love the added crossbow and the thunder fork thing lol. Co-op would be a bonus if it has it, if not then CMP is fine. 

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 73 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Jan 9, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:
I wouldn't really say TR is trying to "imitate" Uncharted, if anything, Uncharted "imitated" TR. They are both great games and the MP looks promising at best. We will only know for sure after playing it for a month or so.

For TPP out there, it looks great.

You also hoping that TR has a nice and supported Co-op community?

I'm not really bothered tbh. The MP gameplay looks great and I love the added crossbow and the thunder fork thing lol. Co-op would be a bonus if it has it, if not then CMP is fine. 

Hm. Honestly I'm just going to play it since people kept harrassing me saying "TOMB RAIDER IS BETTER THAN UNCHARTED **bleep**" and I keep referring the mto Tomb Raider Underworld. :smileyvery-happy:

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 73 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Cyris wrote:
Also, putting Zach Levi as a playable character with a "nerd" shirt on might as well be the same as putting a "warning: playing this will give you cancer" sticker on the box.

amen. Guy's an annoying **bleep**. It frustrated me when Epic used him as some "poster boy" during Gears 3 release. 

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 73 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

CaressCarcass wrote:

Cyris wrote:
People need to stop with this.

You act like there's never been a video game to copy another video game before. Nobody cares.

It may be good, it may even be great, or it could totally suck.

One thing is for sure though... It has nothing to do with Uncharted 3's MP. So please, take this elsewhere.

Relaax,  I only posted here because I wanted to know what Uncharted fans think of it.

Uncharted fans will hate it, they love Uncharted.

Real gamers will love how it looks so far.

Incorrect. I loved the old Tomb Raider series, mainly because Lara was the first female "badass". Of course she was also a "sex symbol" but that's not the point. The new Lara, from what I've played and what I've seen, is one annoying female. I can't STAND the new character direction. Sure, let's go I Am Legend or The Road with Lara and it will make the game amazing....sigh. 

No, not every game looks at a Edios/Square Enix and thinks "Man they make amazing games". Hitman? Ruined that. Sleeping Dogs? Bleh. Outside of Just Cause 2 and Deus Ex, Square Enix is the Dallas Cowboys of the modern gaming era. Living off what they "once had" not what they are doing now...and I'm a Cowboys diehard. 

With games like Dead Space, Bioshock, Crysis, GOW:A, GTAV and yes of course, TLOU....there are plenty of "real gamer" franchises hitting the shelves. In my heart and plenty of others, Tomb Raider died in 2007 after the Anniversary release. 

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 73 (355 Views)
Gaming Beast
1861 posts

Jan 9, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

CaressCarcass wrote:

Cyris wrote:

You act like there's never been a video game to copy another video game before. Nobody cares.

One thing is for sure though... It has nothing to do with Uncharted 3's MP. So please, take this elsewhere.

Relaax,  I only posted here because I wanted to know what Uncharted fans think of it.

Incorrect. I loved the old Tomb Raider series, mainly because Lara was the first female "badass". Of course she was also a "sex symbol" but that's not the point. The new Lara, from what I've played and what I've seen, is one annoying female. I can't STAND the new character direction. Sure, let's go I Am Legend or The Road with Lara and it will make the game amazing....sigh. 

No, not every game looks at a Edios/Square Enix and thinks "Man they make amazing games". Hitman? Ruined that. Sleeping Dogs? Bleh. Outside of Just Cause 2 and Deus Ex, Square Enix is the Dallas Cowboys of the modern gaming era. Living off what they "once had" not what they are doing now...and I'm a Cowboys diehard. 

With games like Dead Space, Bioshock, Crysis, GOW:A, GTAV and yes of course, TLOU....there are plenty of "real gamer" franchises hitting the shelves. In my heart and plenty of others, Tomb Raider died in 2007 after the Anniversary release. 

I agree with all of your points. I dont have hitman absolution, but it did not look like the hitman from the ps2 days. Changing the formula of Tomb Raider is a 50/50 gamble but we will have to see how this new installment will pan out. Other than that, you deserve a cookie for that spot on post. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 73 (347 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I loved the old skool Tomb Raider Games, however something tells me this new Tomb Raider will not be the same. We'll wait n' see.

If anyone hasn't played Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light... I found that game to be tons of fun on Co-op! It's similar too Dead Nation.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 73 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 73 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
369 posts

Jan 9, 2013

The multiplayer I saw looked unbalanced and so unpolished... it looked like that Unearthed game (uncharted rip-off) with better graphics.

I will see how it turns out, when the truth is revealed and the developers can't sell their bull*** anymore (lies, empty promises)

like ''We wanted to do a multiplayer, and we would only do it if we could do it right'' ---> they say that to market their game, but they will abandon their game a few months after release..

I'm pretty sure this multiplayer thing was a way to be able to sell dlc... as they never could with the singleplayer tomb raider games...

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 73 (275 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

CaressCarcass wrote:

Cyris wrote:

Sleeping Dogs was the best game of last year IMO, I would have also said Hitman was a close second. Then again, it's not like last year had much competition, what a dull year that was for gamers.

Hitman for me was stale and unoriginal. This reboot saved the game in my eyes, Sleeping Dogs is generally GTA.. with worse graphics but I love it, great story length, excellent narrative, everything felt spot on apart from the graphics which kind of felt like a PS2 title at times.

See, I never liked Tomb Raider, this reboot has given me hope.

My anology of real gamers does not apply to everyone. Mark my words though, someone will post here saying, GTA will kill Uncharted 3, and then there will be loads of blind fanboys/girls claiming it wont without even playing it which is equally as bad as the first claim of it killing Uncharted 3 without even playing that. Don't know if that made sense at all....

It's that kind of fan of a game that isn't a real gamer, one that won't explore other titles and will never understand there are more quality titles than just one. Honestly I'd prefer to run around being wrong and buying games and giving them a chance rather than not buying anything believing I already have the best game.

I honestly don't know why.. Whenever I see one of these lists.. Beyond is never on them...  Makes me a sad panda since I love Quantic Dream.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 73 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1240 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:
I really believe Tomb Raider will be awesome, I believe it will be way superior to Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2? Maybe not... Gamers who like this genre of games need Tomb Raider to be as good as I believe or expect ND to keep releasing bad MP games over and over again due to there being no competition. Activision employ Treyarch and Infinity Ward to do this every year with CoD. ND's 3rd Uncharted title reminds me of a CoD title, All polish, no substance, survives merely off it's blind fanbase who live in denial.

So two Multiplayer games is over and over again, right? I understand the point you're making, but Treyarch/Infinity Ward have way less of an excuse than Naughty Dog. More money, more fans, more preexisting materials, etc; It's all there for them. Meanwhile, Uncharted 3 is Naughty Dog's second multiplayer game, and they have nowhere near the fans or genre-base of COD. ND even attempted to take some ideas from other FPS franchises.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 73 (250 Views)