Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
699 posts

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 9, 2013

Uncharted 1 was Tomb raider Legend but with a decent aim system

but

now TombRaider is TRlegend with an aim system only they copied the mutliplayer thing but i dont mind i love killing other ppl online

specially playing as Lara

no i dont have to dress my costume like her anymoreee

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 73 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 9, 2013

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I really believe Tomb Raider will be awesome, I believe it will be way superior to Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2? Maybe not... Gamers who like this genre of games need Tomb Raider to be as good as I believe or expect ND to keep releasing bad MP games over and over again due to there being no competition. Activision employ Treyarch and Infinity Ward to do this every year with CoD. ND's 3rd Uncharted title reminds me of a CoD title, All polish, no substance, survives merely off it's blind fanbase who live in denial.

So two Multiplayer games is over and over again, right? I understand the point you're making, but Treyarch/Infinity Ward have way less of an excuse than Naughty Dog. More money, more fans, more preexisting materials, etc; It's all there for them. Meanwhile, Uncharted 3 is Naughty Dog's second multiplayer game, and they have nowhere near the fans or genre-base of COD. ND even attempted to take some ideas from other FPS franchises.

Aureilia does this hype crap with EVERY 3rd person shooter that comes out its getting really old.

All user names
REDXJeenKs3000
kayjay22
AceSlayer21
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 73 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

I hope the new tomb raider blows U3 out of the water.

You need this to happen. Competition only leads to better games.

Do you really want to be stuck in the copy and paste call of duty era?

Not me, I want other companies to step up making each other sweat at the release of any new multi-player.

If other companies start putting out more polished games Naughty Dog will have to step up their game or go bankrupt.

Its capitalism at its finest.

In the end we ( gamers - customers) win.

More competitive prices, better game play and more fun.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 73 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 9, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Not me, I want other companies to step up making each other sweat at the release of any new multi-player.

If other companies start putting out more polished games Naughty Dog will have to step up their game or go bankrupt.

As far as im concerned, If the next 2-3 patches arent mind blowing UC3 is gone.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 73 (272 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Sleeping Dogs was the best game of last year IMO, I would have also said Hitman was a close second. Then again, it's not like last year had much competition, what a dull year that was for gamers.

Hitman for me was stale and unoriginal. This reboot saved the game in my eyes, Sleeping Dogs is generally GTA.. with worse graphics but I love it, great story length, excellent narrative, everything felt spot on apart from the graphics which kind of felt like a PS2 title at times.

See, I never liked Tomb Raider, this reboot has given me hope.

My anology of real gamers does not apply to everyone. Mark my words though, someone will post here saying, GTA will kill Uncharted 3, and then there will be loads of blind fanboys/girls claiming it wont without even playing it which is equally as bad as the first claim of it killing Uncharted 3 without even playing that. Don't know if that made sense at all....

It's that kind of fan of a game that isn't a real gamer, one that won't explore other titles and will never understand there are more quality titles than just one. Honestly I'd prefer to run around being wrong and buying games and giving them a chance rather than not buying anything believing I already have the best game.

I honestly don't know why.. Whenever I see one of these lists.. Beyond is never on them...  Makes me a sad panda since I love Quantic Dream.

Just a heads up for the people that want to see more of the Tombraider multiplayer. Earlier today I noticed that IGN released some new multiplayer gameplay videos. I only watched this 9 minute video that showed a TDM match. It actually amazed me how much this game seems to have borrowed (to put it mildly) from Uncharted's multiplayer! The way you switch weapons, traversal methods throughout the map (climbing obstacles and similair ziplines as in Uncharted 3) and camera position while aiming. Etc. Etc. Just look for yourself. You will probably immediately notice the similarities.

The characters seemed to have quite some different animations. But they also looked to be a bit choppy and I also found them to be moving around a bit on the floaty side. I also noticed that the game has a load out system which allowed you to carry multiple one hit kill weapons at the same time (for instance a shotty and a grenade launcher). Hopefully this won't amount to a game in which power weapon spamming will be the number one tactical choice.

I also heard one of the gamedesigners made some remarks about the map design that worried me for a bit. Apparently they made the concious design choice to let map layout (on some or all maps?) favour one team over the other. I don't know about that. Hopefully that won't be as "fun" as playing plunder on Old Quarter. They also showed that you could trigger a sandstorm like UC3's desert village on the map that was featured. This acted like some sort of power play/ kill streak award. Because if you belonged to the party that triggered the sandstorm you could still see right through it. The opponents, on the other hand, got blinded.

Some other randoms things that stood out to me were that you could use a mountain climbing pick to melee people and that a bow seemed to be the main sniping weapon. I'm not sure about the following but it also appeared to me that this bow and also some of the other weapons could only be used by one the 2 factions that you play (you play as something similair to the Heroes and Villains in UC3).

All in all the video made me a bit sceptical about the game. Anyway, maybe the design choices I just highlighted (that appear to be a bit meh on their own) actually work really well if you combine them with the other design choices of the game? I really hope so because some healty competition to UC3's MP can only be a good thing.

Feel free to correct me if I made some wrong observations :-).

Other than that I just wanted to say that Sleeping Dogs was also the GOTY of 2012 for me (together with a couple of thers like Journey and The Walking Dead - Allthough I have to admit that these 2 games were didn't have much gameplay if you compare them to other games. But one can argue that that was the main thing that made them so great). I'm the first to admit that Sleeping Dogs has it's flaws but I found it to be so much fun. The fighting, the shooting and the (kart-like) racing too. Everything basically. Also, it's far more than a simple GTA-clone imo. The Hong Kong setting, characters, the way the story was handled, and nice references to Chinese action/ martial arts films as well as the music (great artists like Flying Lotus and Cinematic Orchestra) gave the game it's own identity which definitely set it apart from it's biggers inspiration, GTA. Also the graphics look quite phenomenal on the PC-version. The PS2 graphics didn't really bother me for the PS3 version (apperantly the most weak version graphics wise).

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 73 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2105 posts

Jan 9, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

we may have to wait till next Gen for this to come to full fruition...

This Gen is pretty much the first Gen in which MP comes standard in most games, and most gamers expect it. I remember my ps2 days were all about single player experiences..

Next Gen will become even more cutthroat, and I truly believe copy and paste COD games will get owned/ become a thing of the past.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 73 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9944 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I saw Sleeping Dogs somewhere.

Dude, that game is GoTY. You do Bruce Lee stuff, kick **bleep**, be a cop IN A TRIAD.

Sure, gunplay is so bad it's like blindfiring even when aiming, but honestly it's so awesome disarming the **bleep** out of people.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 73 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

LOL yeah I hear ya.

Battlefield says hi!

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 73 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9944 posts

Jan 10, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

LOL yeah I hear ya.

Battlefield says hi!

RDR says sup, bro?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 73 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Jan 10, 2013

LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 73 (239 Views)
0 Likes