Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

Jan 10, 2013

YaDig07 wrote:
While UC3 mp is a broken mess, the shooting mechanis in this TR video look absolutely awful. This blows my mind. It's obvious this component is heavily influenced by Uncharted's mp, so why not try to make certain aspects better? There's no denying that UC3 shooting mechanics are far from perfect but TR is looking down right laughable. Clunky as any tps I've ever seen. After being disappointed with Gears 3, UC3, BF3, Max Payne 3 and BO2, I'm just gonna finish my single player backlog and leave mp alone. Maybe next gen these developers will get their stuff straight.

I never watched to much of the video and yes it really does seem as if the aiming is goin to be broken....alot like Max Payne 3.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 73 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9954 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

YaDig07 wrote:
While UC3 mp is a broken mess, the shooting mechanis in this TR video look absolutely awful. This blows my mind. It's obvious this component is heavily influenced by Uncharted's mp, so why not try to make certain aspects better? There's no denying that UC3 shooting mechanics are far from perfect but TR is looking down right laughable. Clunky as any tps I've ever seen. After being disappointed with Gears 3, UC3, BF3, Max Payne 3 and BO2, I'm just gonna finish my single player backlog and leave mp alone. Maybe next gen these developers will get their stuff straight.

I never watched to much of the video and yes it really does seem as if the aiming is goin to be broken....alot like Max Payne 3.

lol, is that why MP3 has a "Soft Aim"?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 73 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I wonder what will happen if this game turns out to be p2p and on top of that, it has a small player pool... if you think that Uncharted MP is a niche MP game, then Tomb Raider MP will be even more niche than that.

I agree that competition is a good thing, but it also causes too much fragmentation, don't you think? Way too many shooters in the market.

Regarding the "real player" argument:

People who only play one certain game to boost their MP stats are not true gamers.
People who are obsessed with Competitive MP shooters (especially TDM maniacs/junkies) are not true gamers.
People who buy a PS3 just to play COD are not true gamers.

Period.

I've also heard some people saying that Heavy Rain is not considered a "real game", so people who enjoy that (or Beyond for that matter) are not true gamers either. I disagree, but whatever.

Also, it's true that Uncharted copied Tomb Raider and now Tomb Raider copies Uncharted. Nothing wrong with that, it happens all the time.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 73 (314 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9954 posts

Jan 10, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I wonder what will happen if this game turns out to be p2p and on top of that, it has a small player pool... if you think that Uncharted MP is a niche MP game, then Tomb Raider MP will be even more niche than that.

I agree that competition is a good thing, but it also causes too much fragmentation, don't you think? Way too many shooters in the market.

Regarding the "real player" argument:

People who only play one certain game to boost their MP stats are not true gamers.
People who are obsessed with Competitive MP shooters (especially TDM maniacs/junkies) are not true gamers.
People who buy a PS3 just to play COD are not true gamers.

Period.

I've also heard some people saying that Heavy Rain is not considered a "real game", so people who enjoy that (or Beyond for that matter) are not true gamers either. I disagree, but whatever.

Also, it's true that Uncharted copied Tomb Raider and now Tomb Raider copies Uncharted. Nothing wrong with that, it happens all the time.

What the holy **bleep**? NO. Heavy rain is an awesome game.

Sure, I played it and actually screwed up so bad I don't want to talk about it anymore, but you know. Good game. STILL.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 73 (309 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13262 posts

Jan 10, 2013

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I really believe Tomb Raider will be awesome, I believe it will be way superior to Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2? Maybe not... Gamers who like this genre of games need Tomb Raider to be as good as I believe or expect ND to keep releasing bad MP games over and over again due to there being no competition. Activision employ Treyarch and Infinity Ward to do this every year with CoD. ND's 3rd Uncharted title reminds me of a CoD title, All polish, no substance, survives merely off it's blind fanbase who live in denial.

So two Multiplayer games is over and over again, right? I understand the point you're making, but Treyarch/Infinity Ward have way less of an excuse than Naughty Dog. More money, more fans, more preexisting materials, etc; It's all there for them. Meanwhile, Uncharted 3 is Naughty Dog's second multiplayer game, and they have nowhere near the fans or genre-base of COD. ND even attempted to take some ideas from other FPS franchises.

Copying the same idea and adding in a few tweaks and whistles which completely fell flat and made the product worse do not make it a new game, it makes it a worse game.

Aside from that it's the same game, If you look at TLoU. looks like exactly like a revamped Uncharted, so from what I've seen of that Uncharted 3.5 is certainly on the way.

Maybe it will be an excellent game, but it's not exactly breaking new grounds here or even slightly taking any risks.

So it'll be three copies of games in a row from ND when that game hits, hell you know if they have copied more of Uncharted 2, it'll be an amazing game, BUT.. that still wouldn't make it new, it would still be a copy.

Okay the over and over again may have been a bit harsh, at one point Uncharted 2 was sheer brilliance. But ND broke it.

Either way, ND still have no competition at the moment and why would you even try to better your products if there is no alternative out there that is even competing with you?

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 73 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13262 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Fierce_Deity-- wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I really believe Tomb Raider will be awesome, I believe it will be way superior to Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2? Maybe not... Gamers who like this genre of games need Tomb Raider to be as good as I believe or expect ND to keep releasing bad MP games over and over again due to there being no competition. Activision employ Treyarch and Infinity Ward to do this every year with CoD. ND's 3rd Uncharted title reminds me of a CoD title, All polish, no substance, survives merely off it's blind fanbase who live in denial.

So two Multiplayer games is over and over again, right? I understand the point you're making, but Treyarch/Infinity Ward have way less of an excuse than Naughty Dog. More money, more fans, more preexisting materials, etc; It's all there for them. Meanwhile, Uncharted 3 is Naughty Dog's second multiplayer game, and they have nowhere near the fans or genre-base of COD. ND even attempted to take some ideas from other FPS franchises.

Aureilia does this hype crap with EVERY 3rd person shooter that comes out its getting really old.

Maybe you should learn to read better. You obviously lack an education if you cannot work out the difference between.

"I hope the game will be good because Uncharted need competition" and "ZOMGZ THIS GAME WILL OWN ALL GAMES"...

Seriously. Go to school more.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 73 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Jan 11, 2013

CaressCarcass wrote:

Starts at 4:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvoQGr6cpbk&list=SPkr4eik1ntB5l3a3V4HV-dLGamPx0n3JW&feature=player_em...

I know this doesn't belong here but it's somewhat similar to uncharted : p 

Looking pretty good, map design looks awesome, traps are a cool idea, but the animations look terrible (single player looks way better), and the person in charge of the multiplayer looks like a greedy guy (no idea why I think that)

Oh, and how is Zac Levi a playable character but Lara Croft isn't? I guess Lara Croft doesn't fit into the Tomb Raider universe xD

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 73 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I'm not counting on the MP being anything amazing, but I'm glad its there. I don't know about everybody else, but I'm buying this game for its hopefully astonishing campaign. Its MP is a pure bonus if its good.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 73 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5710 posts

Jan 11, 2013

The traversing actually looks better and more smooth in the gameplay vids I've seen, compared to uncharted. That alone might get me interested in the multiplayer, obviously single-player is still my main attraction to this game.

I mean I didn't see people falling off the map(doesn't look like you can...) getting stuck climbing ledges, or magnetize toward a wall when jumping which is all stuff that happens to commonly in uncharted

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 73 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Tomb Raider's single player looks great but looking at the MP has left me a little bit in Uncharted 3's corner.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 73 (187 Views)
0 Likes