Fender Bender
4078 posts

Re: Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I really believe Tomb Raider will be awesome, I believe it will be way superior to Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2? Maybe not... Gamers who like this genre of games need Tomb Raider to be as good as I believe or expect ND to keep releasing bad MP games over and over again due to there being no competition. Activision employ Treyarch and Infinity Ward to do this every year with CoD. ND's 3rd Uncharted title reminds me of a CoD title, All polish, no substance, survives merely off it's blind fanbase who live in denial.

So two Multiplayer games is over and over again, right? I understand the point you're making, but Treyarch/Infinity Ward have way less of an excuse than Naughty Dog. More money, more fans, more preexisting materials, etc; It's all there for them. Meanwhile, Uncharted 3 is Naughty Dog's second multiplayer game, and they have nowhere near the fans or genre-base of COD. ND even attempted to take some ideas from other FPS franchises.

Copying the same idea and adding in a few tweaks and whistles which completely fell flat and made the product worse do not make it a new game, it makes it a worse game.

Aside from that it's the same game, If you look at TLoU. looks like exactly like a revamped Uncharted, so from what I've seen of that Uncharted 3.5 is certainly on the way.

Maybe it will be an excellent game, but it's not exactly breaking new grounds here or even slightly taking any risks.

So it'll be three copies of games in a row from ND when that game hits, hell you know if they have copied more of Uncharted 2, it'll be an amazing game, BUT.. that still wouldn't make it new, it would still be a copy.

Okay the over and over again may have been a bit harsh, at one point Uncharted 2 was sheer brilliance. But ND broke it.

Either way, ND still have no competition at the moment and why would you even try to better your products if there is no alternative out there that is even competing with you?

Wait what? Please explain this statement. Last of us is about emotion, story, and making every shot count. Uncharted is about fast action, platforming and cinematic moments. 

Saying Last of us is a revamp solo based on it begging 3rd person makes no since. 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 73 (256 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
5519 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Thread moved from the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer section.
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 73 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13217 posts

Jan 14, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I really believe Tomb Raider will be awesome, I believe it will be way superior to Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2? Maybe not... Gamers who like this genre of games need Tomb Raider to be as good as I believe or expect ND to keep releasing bad MP games over and over again due to there being no competition. Activision employ Treyarch and Infinity Ward to do this every year with CoD. ND's 3rd Uncharted title reminds me of a CoD title, All polish, no substance, survives merely off it's blind fanbase who live in denial.

So two Multiplayer games is over and over again, right? I understand the point you're making, but Treyarch/Infinity Ward have way less of an excuse than Naughty Dog. More money, more fans, more preexisting materials, etc; It's all there for them. Meanwhile, Uncharted 3 is Naughty Dog's second multiplayer game, and they have nowhere near the fans or genre-base of COD. ND even attempted to take some ideas from other FPS franchises.

Copying the same idea and adding in a few tweaks and whistles which completely fell flat and made the product worse do not make it a new game, it makes it a worse game.

Aside from that it's the same game, If you look at TLoU. looks like exactly like a revamped Uncharted, so from what I've seen of that Uncharted 3.5 is certainly on the way.

Maybe it will be an excellent game, but it's not exactly breaking new grounds here or even slightly taking any risks.

So it'll be three copies of games in a row from ND when that game hits, hell you know if they have copied more of Uncharted 2, it'll be an amazing game, BUT.. that still wouldn't make it new, it would still be a copy.

Okay the over and over again may have been a bit harsh, at one point Uncharted 2 was sheer brilliance. But ND broke it.

Either way, ND still have no competition at the moment and why would you even try to better your products if there is no alternative out there that is even competing with you?

Wait what? Please explain this statement. Last of us is about emotion, story, and making every shot count. Uncharted is about fast action, platforming and cinematic moments. 

Saying Last of us is a revamp solo based on it begging 3rd person makes no since. 

Look at the gameplay, look at the attempts on changing the game engine. None whatsoever. It's Uncharted with different characters.

Time for something new I'm afraid, and I love your fanboy kudos you got for that.

Someone should put those Fan-sheep down. .. and yet people wonder why this generation of gaming is in the gutter...

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 73 (174 Views)
0 Likes