Mar 06 2013
By: RGPS Lombax Warrior 238 posts

Tomb Raider doesn't allow transfer of Profile for 24hrs

5 replies 390 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

I started playing Tomb Raider on one of my two ps3 systems.  My other ps3 has a nicer config with large monitor and hi-end sound but for some crazy reason the developers configured the "Profile" data to limit download from online storage to 24hours after update.

Why would they do that?

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to switch to my other machine.

If profile only needs to be copied once I will not mind this but I think I may want to transfer the profile every time I switch between machines if they are storing any status in the profile. 

Does anyone know if the Profile data needs to be copied more than once between machines ?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (390 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11411 posts

Re: Tomb Raider doesn't allow transfer of Profile for 24hrs

Mar 7, 2013

I dont know...but ive been using a flash drive to store my skyrim game saves...I dont use a cloud or anyhthing. seems to work.

Questions about MVPs?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Mar 7, 2013
That will not work, they locked the profile so itcan not becopied to flash. Very annoying!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (371 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Mar 7, 2013

You purchased the game via digital download.  In this game, you also can't play it if your internet connection is not working for any reason.

It's stupid.

cirkustanz
Metroidvania is my favorite style of game...Would love a sequel to Harmony of Despair!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

Cirkustanz wrote:

You purchased the game via digital download.  In this game, you also can't play it if your internet connection is not working for any reason.

It's stupid.

Are you saying only the Digial Download version requires internet connection?  I would suspect both require it if the Digital Verison does.  Unless this is because a physical version doesn't require authentication since you have the physical disk while digial requires verification that you are the person who purchased the game.  My internet is almost never down anyway so no worries there for me.  Interesting issue though.

UPDATE:  I just tested this and it is not accurate.  I removed my network connection, no wireless enabled and was still able to play the game.  It does not require you be on the network to play.  Perhaps it requires it to begin a game or something but I was able to start the game, select continue and play for a while without my network connection.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (351 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Mar 12, 2013

You have the disc version.  The internet connection required DRM only applies to the PSN download.  The major downside for many is that if they have 2 PS3's in the house such as the living room, and another in the bedroom, the DRM makes you wait 24 hours before playing the game on the same account, on your 2 different PS3's.  Kinda sucks, if you want to be able to keep playing the game where you left off.

cirkustanz
Metroidvania is my favorite style of game...Would love a sequel to Harmony of Despair!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (301 Views)
0 Likes