Highlighted
May 06 2012
By: Humboldt_Squid Monster Hunter 39 posts

Hard to find other game rooms besides DM and TDM

4 replies 107 views Edited May 6, 2012

Everytime I've logged on to play a game besides Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, there are rarely any LMS, Team LMS, Nuke, Hunted, or Team Hunted game rooms. And when I do join the game, it takes forever for the host to start. Anybody else having this problem? It's going to take a long time for me to get that "A la Mode" trophy at this rate... and if those game rooms completely die off, then there will be no chance to get that trophy.

Message 1 of 5 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Re: Hard to find other game rooms besides DM and TDM

May 6, 2012

i think if you got the problem, we all got the same problem lol

and you are right, each day we lose players, so you might never get that trophy

Message 2 of 5 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

May 6, 2012

I usually start a game or push my R2 button twice to see what all games are being played in case i want to join one of them after they are done playing.

Message 3 of 5 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Humboldt_Squid wrote:

Everytime I've logged on to play a game besides Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, there are rarely any LMS, Team LMS, Nuke, Hunted, or Team Hunted game rooms. And when I do join the game, it takes forever for the host to start. Anybody else having this problem? It's going to take a long time for me to get that "A la Mode" trophy at this rate... and if those game rooms completely die off, then there will be no chance to get that trophy.

I can sympathize with you, and I wish I could play something like Hunted or Last Man Standing mode without any fear; however, I don't play those modes online anymore. I will use clean language, but I will get my point across to readers. This is why: You see, I don't play online much, if at all; however, when I do, I always seem to make someone mad. The best example I can give to you is last Friday, when I joined a room playing Last Man Standing mode.  I won't give away the room name, but I will tell you basically what happened. I realize that I was the one mostly at fault. We were in a smaller place, and I was just driving around getting weapons. I don't typically rush into a fight in the game. I usually just drive around and wait for someone to come after me ( I suggest you don't try to do this in a Last Man game). It's just the way I normally play. Anyway, people were getting taken out so fast, and then I heard some jerk shoot off his big mouth; he was saying stuff like "You think you can just come in and dictate what happens?" Oh, my favorite thing he said was something along the lines of "We're all out here killing each other and you're just sitting there waiting for everyone else to die out while you just sit there?" Recall when I said that I was mostly at fault; nobody, and I mean nobody was coming into the museum toward me. I guess no one in that game got the idea in his or her mind to actually drive into the museum and attack me; before I knew it he just started ranting. I didn't realize he was shouting at me until I drove up to the last car left and shouted something like "No!" (I don't know if this was the same guy or not). I admit, YES, my method was a bit unfair, but his tone just infuriated me; so I just quit the game and left the game room. I have a lot of other things to do during the day, and I don't need to waste time getting into a fight with some idiot I don't even know and will probably never meet, so I didn't waste any more of his time, and he didn't waste any more of my time. This kind of behavior ruins the game for people who want to play online. A quick text chat saying something like "everybody get into the fight this time. no one gets to wait it out" would have been fine, but this crossed the line for me. I can't block this guy because he didn't show up on the players met list; so now every time I try to avoid people with headsets. I'm sick of these stupid people who go online and then have the worst conniption fit over what someone does in a video game. Over a little 10 minute game. It's not worth it. Not worth it. The whole thing just made me sick; I play Twisted Metal to feel good, and to have a good time, not to have my head bitten off by people. I am just stunned how vile most people can be. Stunned. That is why I don't do Last Man Standing or Hunted anymore. Every time I play it there's alyways one person who has a problem with me, and I am just sick of it. If you want to know why some people are quitting modes like Nuke, Hunted, or Last Man Standing, this is why.  I will not let these morons ruin the multiplayer experience of one of my favorite series just because everyone else has to gather around their little corners and spoon feed them and change their little diapers or they will curse out everyone else around them. I'm tired of it. I am far from being one of the best players, and I don't intend to be the all-time Twisted Metal champ, so don't be nervous if you encounter me; however, I am not going to change myself for some loser is going to be corrosive about how I play a game. It's okay to politely tell somebody that you're frustrated, but don't get confrontational, and don't get rude. It's a video game. That kind of behavior's not necessary, and it's not wanted.

By the way, Humboldt_Squid, I am not complaining about you because you seem to actually have what most people don't: manners. I also wanted to tell you in regards to the Meat Wagon discussion, that even though I mostly play Meat Wagon, due to the fact that it is my favorite vehicle, I understand your frustration with it. Just like you do, I get aggravated when I see 8 people playing a Meat Wagon; I get jealous, so I either choose another car to start out with, or I go to another game room. If I ever do, or if I ever did, any of those things that irritate you, feel free to call me out on it. Politely, of course. I just felt like I needed to talk to someone about it.

Message 4 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Nov 6, 2012
If want to play other modes join the room called NOT-TDM-orDM
Go to
http://www.groubal.com/twisted-metal-dlc-from-eat-sleep-play-and-sony/
SIGN IT FOR TWISTED METAL DLC

also go to WWW.TWISTEDCLANS.TK
Message 5 of 5 (102 Views)