Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 16 2012
By: Lord_Tony_Z Uncharted Territory 1850 posts

How do you break free from roadboat so easily?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 178 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

There are many people I try grabbing with roadboat and it takes them about 2 seconds to let go. Whenever someone grabs me with roadboat I can't break free and I mash buttons like crazy. Are these people cheating? Darkside users break free super easy.

How do I make sure they don't break free easily and how can I break free easily?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Re: How do you break free from roadboat so easily?

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

Honestly i would love to know too. I play roadboat a lot, and it happens all the time. 

1. They are shielding as they get sucked in, and that makes it so they fly over me half the time.

2. If i catch someone and they pop off in a second they might be using a turbo controller i have heard people say. Though i dont know what one looks like, i assume you can buy them anywhere online. I dont know how one works exactly either. Are you able to just hold down a button, and the controller makes it as if you are pressing it 100 times?

3. I catch someone, and then what happens to you and me occurs. they cant get off, and it seems like even though i know they are mashing buttons i am holding them a lot longer than i should be. 

My opinion is that all this is either due to some hyper people who cant keep thier hands still :smileyvery-happy: hehe, or that the game is so glitchy its a gamble with how the magnet works. I have even had people stay stuck to me just floating there till i killed them, then they got **bleep** at me and thought I was cheating lol but it wasnt on purpose.

Verdict....the game glitchy, and the online has been crummy from the start. Though it is a bit better everyone knows issues are still rampant, case in point roadboats magnet, unregistered hits with axel, and warthog, all they way  to remot bombs flying through walls. Now if only there was a glitch where everyones weapons flew through ME !!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Sometimes i break free fast. But only when im feeling hyper because then i hit all 4 buttons at the same time fast as hell
Go to
http://www.groubal.com/twisted-metal-dlc-from-eat-sleep-play-and-sony/
SIGN IT FOR TWISTED METAL DLC

also go to WWW.TWISTEDCLANS.TK
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 16, 2012
1. When they fly behind you its cuz they shielded after they started getting pulled in. The momentum carries them over your car. I try to time this to escape without using a second shield.

2. Once there in the magnet if you stop moving its harder for them to get out. If your running around trying to ram them into a wall its easier to break free.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I mash the x and [] at the same time. That way its half the time it takes than just x

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Its all in the way you mash buttons. I mash L1, R1, L2, R2 like crazy and I am almost never stuck on a magnet. Some vehicles are easier than others. When I say I mash those, you don't wanna press them all at the same time. Its done by tap rate, so if you tap L1 and R1 at the same exact time it only counts as one tap. You gotta do them all seperate.

As for the roadboat, make them waste their shields first and do it when they're health isn't full. Try to get as close as to them as possible and hold down the fire button all the way.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 16, 2012
From what I understand the tap out rate is increased when RB stands still. Meaning it takes more taps to escape. We should test it later.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Nov 16, 2012
I never noticed any difference. I think it was crush who first stated this but haven't seen any difference standing still or moving.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Plus if you don't have megas then standing still to grab them would be pointless bc they'd break free by the time you started moving and certainly before you smash them into a wall.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Not for tdm. The longer you hold the longer all your teammates attack. I feel like there's a noticeable difference but it could be mental. Also your correct, GentlePinch posted it first.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (127 Views)
0 Likes