Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 14 2012
By: Lord_Tony_Z Uncharted Territory 1850 posts

Missile Carrier Truck should be playable

[ Edited ]
6 replies 232 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

You know that non playable missile carrier truck in nuke? I'd like to see that as a playable support vehicle. I've always wanted to drive it myself. Basically the main idea is that this is a Vermin vehicle on steroids

650 health

very slow speed and handling

100 second special regeneration speed (longest any vehicle had a special regeneration)

1 special type (like juggernaut)

Special launches an actual nuke that's as powerful as the one in Nuke mode which you can control like vermin.

Vehicle can only be selected once like Juggernaut

Cannot be used in nuke, deathmatch, LMS, TLMS, hunted or team hunted.

Cannot be frozen

Almost the same energy rate as juggernaut.

Nuke missile will have a flashing icon like the one in nuke mode.

Increase the level cap and make this a tier 4 unlock.

Feel free to correct what you think would be more balanced.

Message 1 of 7 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Missile Carrier Truck should be playable

Nov 16, 2012

Opinion time:

I personally disagree with this idea. Kudo's for imagination, but imagine this. A monster that takes up 2 full lanes, fires nukes and has 650 HP. It already sounds OP (And i dont think Calypso likes you borrowing his machines).

This monster is going to be the biggest pain in the butt since a sonic-powered diamond Talon. If it does handle bad, that dosnt quite fix the ramming capabilities and what i call "Weapon Pickup Range" (Speed + Size (?) = Range (Bigger cars + Faster speed = bigger pickup radius)

And a health box does 1/3 of healing. Thats 216 HP per box. Along the lines of health, this stupid thing is also going to get stuck a lot. It becomes a plug; and no one likes those. 

There might be  a few other flaws like the nuke blast radius and that nuke flash that goes off, how to incorperate the sacrificer and how to make it drive in more places.

But im not quite saying "No, thats stupid"; its more of a "No, its not going to work."

Maybe you should make some Fan art of a new vehicle inspired by your idea. Idk. you might come out with something kick-**bleep**

Message 2 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Yeah... This is a dumb idea, no offense lol... For one, this would never happen. 2, we already have an OP'ed juggernaut who's annoying as hell.
Message 3 of 7 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

Until they bring back bouncing icecream cones for Sweet Tooth, I wont be satified with any new cars they think up lol. But i think its a great idea, at least it would add another vehicle to the line up, but dont give it a vermin special. Half of the cars in this game feel like palette swaps with just a few handling differences. So many mini gun/turrent specials. And even cars that dont look alike have the same concept. aka axel and Wartroll having crush specials and shockwaves. I say Wartroll, because even though he is heavy and armored. I find myself being flipped, and spinning/rolling everywhich way  all the time playing him.  Either way thanks for trying to throw new ideas out. I think having a nuke mobile running around would be fun. My suggestion is give him a different special mechanic, and make him a normal vehicle so we could add him to the line up. Not just have only 1 be allowed on a team like jugger.

Message 4 of 7 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I vote NO for the missile carrier.

I vote YES for a Nuke-type game offered in the Challenge or Story mode. I hate having to wait for 5 other players to get a game of Nuke started, which is by far the best TM game... in my humble opinion.

Message 5 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I vote yes for no aparent reason other than another car
Go to
http://www.groubal.com/twisted-metal-dlc-from-eat-sleep-play-and-sony/
SIGN IT FOR TWISTED METAL DLC

also go to WWW.TWISTEDCLANS.TK
Message 6 of 7 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2992 posts

Dec 13, 2012

There hasn't been a missle carrier truck used in a twisted metal game since TM4. And Calypso was his name-O. :manvery-happy:

bobs fed signature
Message 7 of 7 (114 Views)
0 Likes