Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2013
By: spoilt137 First Son 2 posts

New to TM

3 replies 135 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

Hello, I'm Spoilt137 ingame. I've been into the TM franchise since I was 12 years old, getting this game was a Must Do for me. I expected to be fairly good (or at least decent), but I proved to be an actual Meat Wagon, an ATM on wheels... you get the point. 

If you guys don't mind I would love to get some tips, specially with Roadkill, wich is my main vehicle right now. Also I would like to know how the Skill system works.

Thanks you

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: New to TM

Jan 15, 2013

You can't take the best Meat Wagon postition, but I could give you a few pointers on Roadkill ^_^

If you don't know already, Roadkill's Alt Special is Blood Missiles, which shoots bullets and missiles together - It has three stages(missles are at 2nd and 3rd stage), and you reach each stage by charging the special and filling the meter to the red zone. Soon as you hit the red zone, let go of the R2 button and immediately back on. At the 2nd stage, the red zone is smaller, so accuracy is more important than the first stage. Let go of R2, immediately back on, charge the 3rd stage all the way to have the longest blood missile barrage possible. - Blood Missiles are good for taking down weak enemies, and pestering enemies so they are forced to shield, which is most effective when they are far out of cover , which makes Roadkill's Special very useful with teamwork and better yet,  communication.

Don't rely on Roadkill's special to do amazing numbers, especially as a lone wolf, but  when used, maintain a close pursuit with the use of Roadkill's speed to make the Blood Missiles pester players to shield and take damage. Learn to read players' driving characteristics (i.e. "I'm running for health!" or " I have no weapons!) - Typically, players run from Roadkill when they are vulnerable to attack, especially if they don't have turbo.

Hopefully that helps, I'm sure others will give their two cents.

Skill system: Only applies on ranked matches, gain experience by getting kills, asiists, kill streaks, skillful kills, etc. and Nuke, well, you get experience by playing the objectives mostly.

There are 30 ranks, and when you achieve a new rank, you recieve the option to unlock 1 thing, but the unlocks are done in tiers. There are 3 tiers, and you must completely unlock everything in the first tier before moving to the second, and unlock everything in the second to move to the third. Yes, that includes unlocking the useles skins.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Xployt pretty much explained the skill system but in a nutshell use weapons properly and win games and this will rise gradually, faster if you win more games against players with higher skill level.Make sure you watch all the TM university videos in the media section of the website, they are in the tutorial section. I learned a lot just by studying these videos they give you a great understanding of all energy attacks, individual weapons and vehicle specific tips. You need to understand how to get the most out of each weapon and what situation to use them in. The videos break everything down for you. 

You play roadkill but don't be scared to try other cars once you unlock them find a car that suits your playstlye and one that you find yourself understanding how the special works. In my opinion mastering specials is crucial because they're the only unique weapons in the game. Once you know  how to use the regular weapons you can dominate in any car but mastering your special takes you to that next level.

Smart aggressive play will reward you. Stick skills and quick reflexes are a must too, learn how your vehicle handles and don't neglect jumping, powerslides, and turbo boost for evasion when on the defensive, if you don't master all these aspects you'll just be easy kills for vets.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (107 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Many thanks to both of you. I will make haste to the Media section, with luck I'll learn a thing or two.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (96 Views)
0 Likes