Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Re: Possible Final Tweaking Session (thoughts for David Jaffe)

Nov 6, 2012

Ostler5000 wrote:

I feel Sweet Tooths first special does too much damage. Any attack that can go through walls shouldn't be able to rival or outdo other attacks in terms of damage.

Hey bro Sweet Tooth's special takes 40 seconds to regenerate and everyone mostly uses sweet bot.

Message 51 of 58 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

Lord_Tony_Z wrote:

Ostler5000 wrote:

I feel Sweet Tooths first special does too much damage. Any attack that can go through walls shouldn't be able to rival or outdo other attacks in terms of damage.

Hey bro Sweet Tooth's special takes 40 seconds to regenerate and everyone mostly uses sweet bot.

And?

That doesn't address my point at all.

It doesn't matter if people use Sweet Bot more often, for the most part SB is as balanced as it's ever going to be without a patch removing it's ability to fly. (I'd rather they'd left the Rotary Cannon on SB, TBH.)

I'm fully aware the attack has a long regen time, but I feel the attack itself is broken. If it took 2 minutes to regenerate, an attack that could go through walls for 40 damage would still be broken.

Message 52 of 58 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Nov 6, 2012
I can't believe people complain about laughing ghosts. That in itself is laughable.
Message 53 of 58 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 6, 2012
It isn't that hard to deal with, and the mega guns are far more powerful, yea it can be annoying at times but when has ST broke a game with laughing ghosts. People just have to learn how to avoid them.
Message 54 of 58 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Whenever I use ST I never use the SweetBot so Laughing Ghost is the only special I use.

It's slow, predictable and easy to destroy- not to mention I usually find myself trying to camp which totally gives away my position.

If it was a fast, unpredictable special (like it's ancestor the Ghost Missile) then there may have been a problem but as of now very few people seem to complain.

Message 55 of 58 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Yea, Spectre had it first and in this game they wanted to give smaller vehicles up close specials that forced them to get close, the bigger vehicles got the easier to use 1 button specials. Figures.
Message 56 of 58 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Lol @ whoever wanted to force the little guys to come close but saw no issue with giving it to a flier
Message 57 of 58 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Though he can't use it while flying I completely understand your point. Small vehicles should dominate from a distance, and large vehicles should dominate up close. But in the name of balance, smaller vehicles (Reaper, KK, CF) get closer ranged specials that require you to take risk. Heavier vehicles (MW, JYD, Darkside, Vermin) get quick one button press specials that do instant damage. Sometimes their alt is a piloted more powerful weapon or something to that extent. This actually makes the balance even weirder.  I never got that.

Message 58 of 58 (100 Views)
0 Likes