Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: Possible Final Tweaking Session (thoughts for David Jaffe)

Oct 31, 2012

You're a great man Apu, it took courage to say that.

Message 41 of 58 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nitpicking here;  - uh. Darkside Driving; Civilians get c...

Nov 1, 2012

Nitpicking here;

- uh. Darkside Driving; Civilians get cought under the tires WAY too much. Anyway to just... keep them out from under there? Idk if thats a tweek or a coding. o Ao

Virmin RC Rocket- Maybe a little sharper turning and slow-down speed? Idk. I dont hear complaining a lot about that.

Reaper RPG: JYD like firing. Switch to pull it out, Tap fire to aim, and then tap to fire. 

Warthog: Special name: Mega-Gun Turret.  Does not exist? Should be Crush and Crowd Controll

And regarding the OP questions:

A. Keep

B: Keep

C: If so, find a way to fire the missles that requires less effort. xwx

D: YES, tone down the homing. it homes in better than the homing missle. o-o

E: not that i can think of

F: Minimal Homing on Revolver fire arm? o uo

Thats my little input.

Great work David; Still keeping my hopes very high for New Car/Map updates. 

(But not expecting them ; -:smileywink:

Message 42 of 58 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: Nitpicking here;  - uh. Darkside Driving; Civilians get c...

Nov 1, 2012
Why would you need to tap fire twice on RPG and up the homing on RR?
Message 43 of 58 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Thanks guys.

I just want to be clear that when I was arguing against the nerf I really did believe it. I wasn't knowingly doing it for selfish reasons. My biggest concern was breaking up packs but the napalm buff and Jyd nerfs more than compensate for the Shadow nerf in this situation. Changing the primary deserves so much credit because it was just as abusable as the alternate. People said it wasn't a current problem and they were right. They forgot to consider that the only reason was the alternate was a more effective/ easier abuse. It would've been terrible to have nerfed the alternate only to later realize the primary was just as bad. You could get huge damage with it while never putting yourself in harms way.

I never got why admitting your wrong is so difficult for most. Maybe that's just because I get a lot of practice. Its the secret to a happy marriage. I'm Wrong, You're Right, and I'm Sorry are my three most used phrase's.
Message 44 of 58 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Haha, it's all good. It takes guts to admit stuff like that. It's all good though. Shadow is still a very good car without being overly devastating. Which is how every car should be. Too many noobs were running around abusing. It's all good though.
Message 45 of 58 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 1, 2012
It wouldn't have been as bad if it were just noobs. There were plenty of veterans who abused which is far more annoying. I don't get how some don't get bored with hiding out with snipers all day.
Message 46 of 58 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 1, 2012
Yea, that's even worse. It makes you think about who was really good and bad. But some people just like to bump their stats. Did you ever see R_I_O_T?
Message 47 of 58 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Nov 2, 2012
R_I_O_T with the 120+ killstreak? Hhaha

Good ol' xxsweetbotxx
Message 48 of 58 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Honestly who cares about a few damage points. Shadow was a vehicle i was almost embarrassed to drive. If you won a single game with him you were almost guaranteed to be insulted immediately. Now I'm proud to say I still use him with close to the same results as before. Plus the changes forced me to really try to learn the primary which was a waste of time before unless you planned to abuse it on tiny maps. Added depth, better competitive balance, and all those abusers can now use Sweet Tooth or leave to abuse some other game. Win, Win, Win

I want to encourage the laughing ghost nerf one last time. Its one of those things that's just going to get worse. It doesn't matter if there easy to dodge. Its still cheap. 3 in row is insane if your fighting someone else. Plus they can fly to scout the best target.
Message 49 of 58 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I didn't know Sweetbot was really Riot, I honestly thought he was joking.

And I agree. I like it better now that everybody has a better chance while maintaining the variety. Those who want to be scrubby they can leave and do something else. It sucks to be lumped in with the rest of the spammers when you're legit.

Sweettooth's laughing ghost is annoying. Never saw it as game breaking. They are bad in unlimited weapon rooms, and I've had trolls use it to antagonize me so I know where you're coming from?
Message 50 of 58 (91 Views)
0 Likes