First Son
1 posts

Re: Problems with Trophies - requirements for achievement

Oct 21, 2012
Hello WreckaStowe,

Firstly, thanks for reaching out and communicating with us.
About the trophies; Most of us are well aware of the requirements for those four trophies, but many of us still can't achieve them. I for example got A la mode after winning more then 75 games in each mode in ranked. No idea why it was that late. I never even got Point, shoot, kill even after killing more then 1300 players with each missile in ranked. Other people have the same problems, still others don't have any problems at all. It's unknown what causes those trophies to glitch, but they certainly do for most of us. It would be nice if it could be fixed. I know you tried to duplicate the problem and you never found a problem, but I'm sure the problem exists and so do many other players out there. This forum has been speculating on the problem for months and tried to find a solution; http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/twisted-metal/171893-glitched-trophies-no-more.html That works for some, but it's obvious from these posts that others are having major problems with them to. Here's hoping something can be done!

And then for something of topic real quick; The leaderboard has been contaminated with two people (on the first and second spot) who achieved scores that are absolutely impossible. Could you please remove those two from the top spots? It's a shame the leaderboard isn't clean anymore...

Thanks again for listening! Hope something can be done. Love the game, but I guess that's obvious Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 79 (380 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Hey Wreckastowe,

Thanks for contacting the community about the 4 glitched Twisted Metal Trophies. 

So some of the theories so far as to why the trophies aren't popping for people include:

1) It's thought that if the original host who created the room leaves or is no longer present, kills, map wins, and game-type wins don't count towards the trophies even though these wins show up in the player's stats. 

2) Also, it's thought that if the original host is present, but decides to change the map or the game-type, kills, map wins, and game-type wins don't count towards the trophies even though these wins show up in the player's stats.

I have all of the requirements for "Another Level," "Point, Shoot, Kill," and "Any Car Will Do" trophy, but these guys haven't popped yet. "A La Mode" will be a little harder to achieve, so I wanted to wait until the glitches were fixed before gunning for this one. 

There's a good group of people looking to claim that platinum title of "I am Sweet Tooth," so hopefully something can be done to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Humboldt_Squid

Message 12 of 79 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Any predictions when these glitched trophy problems will be fixed? 

Also, after the fix, will the trophies pop for us if we've met the requirements or will we have to work for them all over again? 

Message 13 of 79 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Oct 23, 2012
They can't fix them. Its been 8 months, they would have been fixed by now...
Message 14 of 79 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Then why are they asking people to post if they have met the requirements but not got the trophies?

Message 15 of 79 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Oct 23, 2012
They said post in here if you met requirements but didn't get trophies. They never said they will fix it, because they can't. After the next update (balancing only) there will be no more support. So if they don't fix it next week, it will never be fixed.
Message 16 of 79 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Oct 23, 2012
Hey troll where did you hear about this last update? Does update mean patch? Is it for sure?

That's great news.

Message 17 of 79 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Oct 23, 2012
One just happened right now. I have my sources Smiley Happy

And no, unfortunately no more patches going forward Smiley Sad

This update was supposed to be the last, we will see if there will be another one.
Message 18 of 79 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Sources my **bleep**. They wouldnt **bleep** ask you to post if youre still having problems if they arent going to at least attempt to fix it between now and then. I would really love to know your source

Message 19 of 79 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Oct 23, 2012
I am referring to my sources regarding the updates, nothing about trophies. Only thing I know about trophies is common sense. My sources tell me support is very close to being over, if not alreayd and my common sense tells me if they haven't fixed it by now, they never will.

Care to make it interesting? I will seriously give you 100 bucks if they fix it within the next month. If they don't you don't have to give me anything, I will just laugh in your face everytime you post.
Message 20 of 79 (231 Views)
0 Likes