Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 26 2010
By: Seventy_X_Seven Fender Bender 3132 posts

This is why Jaffe is the BEST game designer!

11 replies 10 views Edited Jul 26, 2010

Here's a 10 minute interview with Gamespot:

In the beginning Jaffe talks about the new direct relationship with the fans he's able to have with services such as Twitter. Then he's goes on to say he got home and checked his Twitter and people were saying "Like this, like this, hate this part." So the next day he's at breakfast with the other lead designers and they say they instantly make designs changes. But reading it does no justice, hear it from Jaffe himself in the interview, it's right at the beginning.

I think it's a good time for any of you reading to make a Twitter account and start voicing your opinion @davidscottjaffe

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Re: This is why Jaffe is the BEST game designer!

Jul 26, 2010

Developers taking community feedback will in the end, create a better product. It's really a win for everyone,the developer gets sales and satisfaction, while the players get a great game. When developers create a game and leave it alone as a consumer you get the feeling that the company is just out for your money, where as a developer that supports it's product with community feedback will have a happy fan base. I was unaware of how small Eat Sleep Play is. Dave Jaffe is always a treat to listen to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3032 posts

Jul 26, 2010

Seventy_X_Seven wrote:

Here's a 10 minute interview with Gamespot:

In the beginning Jaffe talks about the new direct relationship with the fans he's able to have with services such as Twitter. Then he's goes on to say he got home and checked his Twitter and people were saying "Like this, like this, hate this part." So the next day he's at breakfast with the other lead designers and they say they instantly make designs changes. But reading it does no justice, hear it from Jaffe himself in the interview, it's right at the beginning.

I think it's a good time for any of you reading to make a Twitter account and start voicing your opinion @davidscottjaffe

Jaffe is the man!!!! I have been following him on Twitter for quite awhile.

siggie
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

Jul 26, 2010

I read somewhere Jaffe knows how consumers feel and what they want... so Jaffe is very open and unlike most game designers nowadays he will talk directly with his fans whether it be in public or a social network site.

Other designers have special dedicated positions for that... like Zipper for example has a community rep who does all that, and Creative Assembally is the same. Jaffe is different and thats why i love him (in a non gay way, haha)

My top 5 Favorite games: MAG, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Demon Souls, and Dark Souls.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jul 26, 2010

Yeah, where as other developers would hire a Community Manager to see what the fans are thinking and get their feedback, Jaffe takes that role for himself, and he enjoys it. Shows something about his character, don't you think? And if you've seen him in any interviews or ever spoke to him, he comes off as an average person like any of us, a gaming fan making a game for his fans.

The final line: Any game Jaffe is behind turns out awesome.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

Jul 27, 2010

Yeah, ive never actually spoke to him in person yet but if i ever get that chance that will be awsome!

The main idea why Jaffe is better is because he speaks directly with the fans. Whatever the fans say are heard by him, so unlike the other developers who do use those community managers/Reps... we speak to those people but are never 100% sure if what we said will actually get to the developer.

Which brings up my next point, when your asking questions.. Jaffe is the one to answer them, the community managers/reps are only allowed to answer certain questions or sometimes dont know the answers.  While Jaffe does keep some answers secret... it is for suspence.. not a letdown.

My top 5 Favorite games: MAG, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Demon Souls, and Dark Souls.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5678 posts

Jul 28, 2010
good interview
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

Jul 29, 2010

HAHAHA so actually i was gonna bring this up when i first saw this thread but couldn't find it untill today....
THIS is why Jaffe is the BEST

Not many game designers have the balls to stand up against reviewers and defend their creations.

(Hint its about paragraph 6, but its intresting to read the full post) from 2007.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (10 Views)
Fender Bender
3032 posts

Jul 30, 2010

MafiaBrett wrote:

HAHAHA so actually i was gonna bring this up when i first saw this thread but couldn't find it untill today....
THIS is why Jaffe is the BEST

Not many game designers have the balls to stand up against reviewers and defend their creations.

(Hint its about paragraph 6, but its intresting to read the full post) from 2007.

LMAO, I forgot about that.

siggie
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9660 posts

Jul 31, 2010

I wonder if Jaffe reads this forum. We would all love to give some feedback about this game. It's great to hear he is listening to the fans! This will for sure make the finally product great!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"The Future is Black"
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (10 Views)
0 Likes