Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: Trophy Glitches Workaround Found

Jan 5, 2013

Freezes are not missles and do not count.  I only have 20 or so in over 60 hours of play, and have the plat.

It's just a typo in the stats screen.  napalms could be caled napalm missles, and they're still not missles, not?  Pretty sure sniper "missles" are worded that way too, also don't count. 

Message 31 of 40 (733 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Yeah, I didnt think that would be a requirement or else almost no one would have it.
Message 32 of 40 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3071 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

I can confirm the workaround works. I am Sweet Tooth! :smileyhappy:

I believe the issue is when the game ends. If you don't receive the following messages before your experience thermometer/match results screen shows up, then the stats are probably not counting.

"Contacting/Connecting to stats server"
"Stats server ready, game will be ranked."
"Stats posted."

I noticed these messages showed up after every match I was hosting, and the trophies popped right on time.

On the topic of which missiles count for "Point, Shoot, Kill", the rockets sidearm seems to add swarmer missile kills to your stats page. These will not count towards the trophy, however. As such, I would avoid using the rockets sidearm if you are going for PSK.

Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 33 of 40 (662 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Jan 15, 2013
That pops up on me and I have never hosted a game.
Message 34 of 40 (639 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Most of you probably already know this, (I can confirm) Freeze Missiles and Sniper Reticle Missiles do not count towards 'Point, Shoot, Kill' trophy. I know this because after it not popping up after getting 100 kills with Fire, Homing, Power, Stalker, and Swarmer missiles, I took the liberty of going for these 2 because they had "missile" in their name. And after 40+ of hours of getting kills with these to 100, what do you know, nothing popped up. No one needs to worry about these 2 weapons, THEY DON'T COUNT AT ALL.

***Note: This was with my other PSN account.

Message 35 of 40 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Apr 11, 2013
You do realize that that particular trophy is broken right?
Message 36 of 40 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

this really doesnt work, you dont need to delete anything. you have to either do everything double or triple times. if it doesnt check your stats when you first should get it then it doesnt seem to check again till double stats or triple stats. i know people who been boosting over a year and still havent got it yet. its coded badly. i wish more people would vote on fixing the game before voting for dlc. i mean you guys already voted for the game to be in the ps3 store and what happens they made more money off a game they wont put no time into fixing. yet they keep milking more and more money off it. the news alone is so old that it hasnt been updated since the year it came out. it actually overlapped lol

todays my first day playing again in months and the game has froze twice out of 6 matches already. one while loading a match and one at the end of the match right as the game ended.

Message 37 of 40 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Actually you are wrong, it works and people are still getting platinum to this day.
Message 38 of 40 (372 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Yup still works.  The glitch is with the stat tracking server and is triggered by some bug communicating between local tracking and that server when not the host.

You want the plat for sure, always host.

Message 39 of 40 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Too bad I ended up making another PSN, so all the progress I made towards this trophy is gone. Ah well, I'm forever stuck at ~67%

Nice tutorial though!

Message 40 of 40 (308 Views)
0 Likes