Aug 10 2012
By: wreckastowe Santa Monica Studios Developer 146 posts

Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

234 replies 3931 views Edited Aug 10, 2012

Hey everyone!

We're releasing a new patch on Friday 8/10.

Here's a list of fixes:

- Further improvements to online connectivity/match making

- Bug where Roadboat's alt special was causing enemies to teleport

- Multiple weapons and health pick-ups were not syncing between users in different territories (US, EU, etc)

- Nuke. Fixed an issue where if the host was using Roadboat's alt special, causing a user to be unable to launch the missle and time extension never ending

- Nuke. Certain weapons appeared to be hitting the nuke missile, but not causing any damage

- Meat Wagon's alt special had no explosion animation

- Joining a party while selecting vehicles in co-op story mode was causing hard locks

- Reaper's RPG was causing a hard lock if it was being fired while another user was respawning

- Killosseum pedestrian pads were only visible to one user in online play

- Nuke. A faction leader could be missing for one team if a player attempted to sacrifice a faction leader right at the end of a previous inning round

- Trophies. "Fire in the Sky" unlocked incorrectly when missile **bleep** with a sniper rifle

- LA Skyline. Health semi was getting stuck on a platform near the "Double Life Insurance" sign

- Nuke. Faction leaders were appearing in different locations for each team in a single game

- Added Reaper and Preacher factions to Nuke game modes

- All 4 factions are now randomized for ranked games

- Improved swarmers. Launch higher, so they don't go into the dirt very often.

- Nuke. Ranked games can now played with 2 innings

- Improved Talon visibilty in the radar. Icon flashes

Thanks for your patience. And please continue to send us feedback!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 235 (3,931 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 10, 2012

you gotta remove talon.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 235 (3,923 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Aug 10, 2012

"- Further improvements to online connectivity/match making"

thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 235 (3,921 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Wait what about the Shadow and JYD nerfs? The taxi falling through the map problem? The Remote Bombs going through walls? Umm most of the entire community wanted this stuff fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 235 (3,916 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Thanks for the details on what the new patch fixes. Is there any news on when the balance update is coming out?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 235 (3,889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

I would also like to know that.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 235 (3,873 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Aug 10, 2012

It's great to hear from SM Studios about this subject, it means alot to the community. I hope to see more communication in the future. Besides a few trolls, there's alot of people with very useful patch/balancing advice present.

I am wondering if the RB going through walls problem will be fixed. It makes 1v1s impossible without their exclusion.

Also, will there be any future balancing/patching by your studio? It's OK if the answer is no. The community as a whole simply wants to know what to expect from the developers and whether or not support/updates in the future are planned. Please keep us in the know :smileyhappy:

Thanks you for not giving up on TM. We here sure as hell haven't.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 235 (3,831 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Man you don't know how good it feels to hear from somebody other then Jaffe(not that its a bad thing). Please don't go back into hiding and let us faithful few who hold out hope that this game isn't completely forgotten. Please, Please keep us updated . I don't care if is even to say that there will be no more support.

1st question is I see you work for santa monica, Did they take over since ESP left us high and dry?

and if so are you going to continue to support the game or are dropping it??

Thanks for the Info you gave us already, and hopefully we will hear from you again.

Once again I can't express enough how greatfull we are to hear from you!!1

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 235 (3,788 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 10, 2012

this is great but can you tell us the time it come out?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 235 (3,765 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Thank god. Please tell me your going to post any relevant info here so I never have to open jaffe's twitter again. Also the truth is OK here. When support ends just let us know. Jaffe has lied to everyone so much that any honesty, even if its not what we'd like to hear, will make you a hero. I'd also like to know about Shadow and JYD nerfs and also the fix for Juggs 3x damage for shots fired at back door while open. That way he can go back to the 700hp he should be. Now that we've finally taken out the twisted metal trash can we discuss DLC or better yet a sequel. You guys could do really well with a sequel. Use a lot of what's already there. Just new vehicles, maps, and slider settings. You could be the anti 989.

One final question. Are you guys in charge of balancing the game with non patch stuff or does Jaffe still have his hands in that? One thing I don't understand is why that stuff hasn't already been done as from what I understand its much easier than the patch,

Thank you so much. This has made my day.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 235 (3,739 Views)
0 Likes