Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 10, 2012

Was playing the game. Checking things out. That kind of thing. 

I for one LOVE the Meat Wagon change. 

It makes the special much more tactical now and people can't just herp derp with it like morons. Love your fix, so please keep it like this. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 31 of 235 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 10, 2012

According to a person that got frozen twice, he claims that Roadkill is the culprit with his Blood Missiles. 

I'll check tests and all to see what is really going on. If I find something, I'll be happy to inform you. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 32 of 235 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Vadimony wrote:

Was playing the game. Checking things out. That kind of thing. 

I for one LOVE the Meat Wagon change. 

It makes the special much more tactical now and people can't just herp derp with it like morons. Love your fix, so please keep it like this. 

Problem is it makes it as useless in non nuke matches as Vermin.   It makes no sense to use it at all now, unless you're a long, long ways away and hidden.  There return is much too slow, and you'll come back to yourself with 1/4-1/2 health...

I agree the herp derping needed to be removed, but rasing his self inflicted idiot damage to 70-80 would have been enough.  Then a Alt/Ram combo only makes sense when absoltly needed, otherwise you just cripple your chance of getting out of the battle alive. 

Message 33 of 235 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
586 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Shadow - The blast radius on his alt. Special should be nerfed. As others have pointed out, on small maps this weapon wreaks havoc on crowds, making it easier for players to stay out of harms way and rack up points. The fact that his primary also does more damage the longer it travels already made this vehicle safe to play from a distance, we don't need another weapon that works as a napalm on steroids.

Remote Bombs - Once you're on the crosshairs you're doomed, they will go through everything and stick to it's target. This weapon alone makes 1v1's matches terribly unbalanced as it promotes camping out at the other side of the map to spam remotes at his opponent. These are bombs and should be handled as such, a tool to help and injured player escape, to set up traps, etc.

JYD - By the numbers this vehicle is probably the strongest vehicle in the game. He's got amazing health, godlike ram power for his size and is a healer to boot. This vehicle easily dominates DM with all his strong attributes and the fact that his freeze tap out is ridiculously fast doesn't help. He should have a freeze rate similar to other vehicles in his weight class (ie: Outlaw) to make him easier to kill, this is specially important on team games which the longer the JYD stays alive, the longer he will keep healing his teammates. JYD as a healer, should be a skill vehicle, not a broken powerhouse.

The community is small but there's still people that care about this game. Thanks for giving us at least 1 more patch.
Message 34 of 235 (432 Views)
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 10, 2012
I'm with Vad on the meat wagon change. It was a very good way to deal with the issue. You can still use it fine from mid range. You just have to be smart. It does 90 damage and was being used as a shotgun. MW is still an above average vehicle. People just can't be cheap anymore. This being done while shadows blast range being left alone leads me to believe they plan to fix him via a tweak to his numbers. This is fine by me but I could be wrong.

Also Vad props on being positive when the situation called for it. I like a lot of your change list but I'd be concerned you'd have reapers turbo blasting all over the place without worry of anything auto aim. I think you may be asking for to much but at least the changes they seem to be making are in a positive direction. Good day for Twisted Metal on many levels.
Message 35 of 235 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 10, 2012
To the guy who says idiot damage for MW would be better. All that does is require you have one shield before you shotgun it. You could argue there were bigger issues but saying it was a bad idea kinda makes you look like you may shotgun a few alts with MW on occasion. Just sayin
Message 36 of 235 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Santa Monica Studios Developer
146 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Thanks for the info! We'll definitely look into it.

Message 37 of 235 (405 Views)
Sackboy
531 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Message 38 of 235 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

wreckastowe, thank you so much for announcing that you will be tuning! Here's the issues that some of the community, not just myself, has:

Shadow:

A car that fast and with that powerful special should not have 230 hps. We were wanting 210.

The primary special, dealing 60 damage close stage 1 and 70 damage direct hit stage 1 is overpowered. Users go right in your face and throw it. You have hardly any chance to shield, let alone dodge. A good nerf would be for close stage 1 = 30 and direct hit stage 1 = 40.

The splash damage range is too far. Please nerf to as much as one half.

JYD:

This vehicle is more debated by the community. On one hand you have the people who think that 260 hps and ram damage equal to DS/WH on a faster, smaller vehicle is op'd. On the other hand people disagree. It's not actually that fast or easy to handle at all. DS is just as fast I think.

The only thing that is mostly agreed upon is that its freeze tap-out rate is a little too quick. When JYD is a 12 tap out rate and MW, Axel and RB has 20, that's a problem. Kamikaze has 12! Nerfing to 20 sounds good.

Also there is a problem with taxi falling through the map. This is a big problem, it's the special weapon and it could be a Health Taxi. Is happens mostly when you rear fire drop them.

Remote Bombs:

One thing that is agreed upon is that once it gets a lock and you fire it, it's guaranteed to connect to the enemy. It will go through walls, obstacles etc. to get there. This is a major problem. Any weapon that can do 50 damage at any time in a minute interval needs to be difficult to land. You could do anything to this weapon from just making it not go through walls, obstacles etc. and keeping the lock range the same to making there be just about no lock at all, like a power missile.

Mega Guns for flyers:

This is something that needs to be changed. When you have a big vehicle like DS, try outrunning that lock. If you have a small vehicle, the Damage per second of them would destroy it. It's agreed upon that giving the Megas no X-Axis assist and just a slight or no Y-Axis assist.

Meat Wagon:

Changing the alt. special so once it explodes there is a delay until you return to driving wasn't a good idea. Change it back since MW was basically underpowered before the change. Just look at its speed.

Vermin:

For a vehicle to be this big and slow, its online hps should return to 205. Having DW's current armor, 180, is just too low.

Killstreak rewards:

Giving out Mega Guns for killstreaks is debated. They are very powerful in the right hands. Also, double weapons is felt to be given out too early, at 4. Energy and turbo is valuable as well, given out too early. Maybe you would want to move this from 2. Also, the mega gun and enery reward for flyers is op'd considering shielding and Mega Gun spam.

Talon

No matter what, Talon is op'd in the right hands. Please remove it from Ranked completely.

Any more changes I'll try to think.

Message 39 of 235 (387 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Vad while agree with most of your list their is some things I would disagree on.

The Homing functions on those vehicles do not need to be nerfed(ground vehicles). While they homing very good there are still many tactics that can be used to avoid them. Shields, moving to the sides of those vehicles to break the aim, turbo dashing behind them so they have to turn to keep it on you. Find cover, bouncing them in the air with a rick-o. Lots and Lots of tactics that can be used against them. Yes they can be very very affective but sometimes you act like its a gaurentee max damage every time you use thier specials, which is far from the case unless its against a noobie or AFK. Reducing the homings on them would just make talon that more powerfull because if any vehicle can dodge them it would be him.

Removing the Tracking on Remotes Bombs would be nice but the only real issue I would have against it is that it would just make one more Weapon that is utterly useless against an airbourne talon or sweet-bot. as of right know Power Missles, Napalms, ric-os, Gurneys, WH specials, Crimsons Specials, Kami Specials, All Drop Mines Specials, Reapers Specials, Most Ram Damage, Axels Specials, Shadows Specials,  Road Boats Magnet??(I haven't tried to Magnatize a Talon so not sure). While yes some can hit a talon it is three time harder to do damage to a Talon then it is to a groud vehicle. But yes at the very least it should not go threw a solid opject. Maybe they could severly limit the lock-on range for ground vehicles??

As for the Idioit Damge on Meat Wagon I say NO, simple because the Idoit totals are the same as the Blast Radius of a Gurney. Other vehicles that have "Idoit" Damage like Vermin, JYD's Death Taxi, Juggernaut, Roadkill, Darkside, Shadow, Drop Mines, Remote Bombs, Napalms, Ric-os don't do more damage to the user then they do to the opponent. Yes it doesn't say "Idoit" Damage on these vehciles or pickups but they all can do Self Damage. I think what they did with the Delay maybe enough but I guess we will have to wait and see.

a Yes, Yes, Yes to the Killstreak Bonus, for it is completely broken at the moment.

Turbo Dashing I think could be way overabused, 2 for Reaper, Kami, and Crimson would be ok, but with the others I think it is ok as of right know, Look I understand you want to make it so you can dodge. But 4 is crazy they could turbo dash almost the entire match with all the turbo pickups layin around. And Roadkill, Death Warrent and Axels would be used to cause more damage and give them almost the same ability to do Ram Damage as the Big Boys, and more then Meat Wagon, Outlaw, Vermin, Roadboat and Shadow.

Vad while we have had our disagreements I am in no way trying to say you are wrong with this post, I do like the majority of your tweaks, but just pointing out a few holes and issues that I have. I Realize you are a Reaper Player but your tweaks while may help reaper would also Unbalance other vehicles. Just my 2 cents.

Message 40 of 235 (383 Views)
0 Likes