Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012

Mine is Data from Megaman. http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Data

The RPG self-stick is easy. You're not pushed to chasing people, but much more so, pushing and forcing people to chase you. Or you're attacking groups that attack people on your team. Regardless, it's quite simple to stick around RPG-friendly areas and just ram and explode for simple and easy points. And is it really that hard? You're assured damage provided they do not shield. There is no "miss" in a blast radius attack. You either hit or you weren't close enough. With the Flamesaw, you can miss so easily that you'd ask yourself: "How do I even hit something?" with it. It's also a cheap way to instantly kill a Crimson Fury, or other low life vehicle. In Nuke, people that have to sacrifice are ultimately screwed because they can't technically outrun or even think of trying to. All they can do is shield and hope you don't choose to do it. Second is the effect it has to watch that glowing beacon come around you and then all of sudden reach you, the impulse is to spam shields. If the Reaper uses that to lure the opponent and sticks to the side, which a Reaper can, then he's able to open up the freeze + shield AA aspect of his abilities. It's not really fightable when someone does it that way. 

And you don't need to sit around or anything, you can do it on the move and even after you've just used an RPG on someone. So, you're not really limited in movement at all. You're only limited in one aspect: you have a timer once it is on. 1 minute and it explodes. Be quick. Unlike the remote bomb, which hampers your driving ability, the RPG is fluid.  Getting accurate points, like 75 points ones for a kill is easy. Killing opposing Reapers and other vehicles, as well, is easy. The thing is that you're now able to force people to use easier flamesaw targets for you because the RPG can out play the small vehicles with ease. Simply go near and explode and you've done either a 1 hit kill or half health. 

That's the point though, the RPG wasn't supposed to be used over the chainsaw and flamesaw. You're supposed to use it tactically and masterful place it in places where you can prevent opponents from doing things while you use other weapons: i.e. place it on a health pickup, on this powerful weapon pickup, etc. It's strategic and very useful for those things. What it isn't is auto-spam. Although you very well could use it with shields and do the high damage and blast radius as a spam tactic, for quick firing, which I did versus good Crimsons. 

The Flamesaw has one role: to do damage. The chainsaw is unreliable, but has good homing ability to the point that it can sometimes hit targets that are escaping from behind. The RPG, however, is so unique that it has multiple uses and takes the player's wit into account. You simply use it outside of the saws to control the map around you as best as you can. It shouldn't be a herp-derp tactic. if you were to attempt to use it in the middle of a battlefield, the wrong way, you'd die. And it could be used as a sniping "weapon" like it was in the beta. People did use it to snipe other things. In my opinion, the RPG was fine in the past. There were plenty of Reaper players that used it well. 

It depends on your comfort with it. If you stick one on you, that method, then you can self-stick the rest each and every time you explode them. Which means, you can just start spamming self-sticks the rest of the game provided you've got a special in your inventory. You can kill, and continue to rack up streaks and stick yourself all without problems. The thing is that you'd need to wait 20 seconds and then another 20 seconds to get the special at the start of the game. Would this be hard? No. You can self-stick and explode RPGs over and over if you wished. it just needs to have one in your inventory. Furthermore, you really only need a runway to gather the speed to pull off a self-stick if you're using one. There's a bunch of areas in every map that have it. That's not an issue. If you're asking me why people don't do it? Simple: few even know how to use it and do it in the first place. It's fairly practical because you can use this method and also have a RPG out in the field somewhere, so you can pretty much be covering two places at once. 

Actually, I can't accept that sort of argument: "it's ok because other vehicles have easy times playing Reaper..." I know that. It is so easy to kill a Reaper with any car. That's the choice that you make to use him. You're vulnerable. In exchange for that, you have spledid AA and attacking power with your flamesaw. That's good. And yes, you can say that CF and KK are matchup nightmares, but it isn't like you can't win. You don't need to one hit kill a CF that has to either move in close and use its superior ramming and ALT on you or stay the heck away and delay fights because you can one shot it with a RPG. I'd rather be attacked and pushed to have to make a move than wait for my opponent to get the courage to come. I don't think it's bad if it is 80 like it used to because you would have to move in real close. The blast radius for "far" will only do 40, so the CF can do damage for damage each hit against Reapers that do this. Or they'd force the Reapers to burn AA too often. In other words, it's an even playing field because the two vehicles become balanced. It isn't when the Reaper can one-shot the CF or take half his health. That's simply overkill considering you can shield and then shoot out a stalker from an absorption shield. 

A Vermin solves the Nuke thing. 1 Vermin can keep the Launchers free. Those RPGs go once 1 minute passes or a Reaper dies. Vermin destroys them instantly. And it's a different way of playing Nuke. If you take out the RPG, then players can still use Super Mines and Remote Bombs or Coffin Bombs the same way. Heck, you'd have to put some sort of potection on the Nuke to get launched and avoid explosions. I feel that will just let offensive CFs launch like crazy without any defense. Try hitting a Crimson Fury on Watkyns from launching with a Flamesaw at the base: you won't. Try any vehicle. You won't stop that CF. 

Ven1000 is perhaps the most  prominent one to use it exclusively in games. He's your example. I don't abuse because I don't want to. I think it's cheap. I'll use it for the more practical usage of "mobility" by making jumps and reaching areas via a shortcut or something. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 81 of 235 (330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

=========================
PRIORITY BALANCE CHANGES

Flying megagun tracking needs MOAR tracking nerf!!!!! decrease the range of the tracking and forcing flyers to go closer in order for the gun to track!!!

Sweettooth
-Turbo decrease rate during flight decrease to 12-15 seconds (nerfed from 30 seconds) (VERY IMPORTANT)
-Turbo drain rate faster to 60 seconds (nerfed from 90 seconds) (VERY IMPORTANT)
-decrease ascend and descend speed at flight mode. (VERY IMPORTANT)
+Laughing ghost damage increase to 45 (buffed from 40)
+Head attack from sweetbot mode damage increase to 50 (buffed from 20)
+altitude required to deal 60 damage on sweetbot slam is reduced

Junkyard Dog
-Stage 1 healing heal reduce to 20% health points (nerfed from 30% health) (VERY IMPORTANT)
-Stage 2 healing heal reduce to 40% health points (nerfed from 60% health) (VERY IMPORTANT)
-Turbo drain rate faster to 60 seconds (nerfed from 100 seconds)
-Freeze break out time nerf to 1.60 seconds (same as Darkside/SweetTooth/Warthog because currently it is as fast as CrimsonFury/Roadkill/Kamikaze)(VERY IMPORTANT)

Vermin
+2nd special RC close non-direct hit damage increase to 30 (buffed from 20)

Roadkill
-Heath decrease to 160 (very important)

-Special regen rate decrease to 35 seconds. (very important) (requested by vadimony)

Remote bomb
-REMOVE TRACKING (VERY IMPORTANT)
-Stage 1 sticked-on-car damage decrease to 25 (nerfed from 35)
-Stage 2 sticked-on-car damage decrease to 40 (nerfed from 50)
-Stage 2 close on ground should STILL deal 75 damage. (90 is too strong on nuke mode)

-Nuke missile now "immune" to remote bomb blast radius

Shadow
-2nd special Stage 1 charge coffin damage change to  (VERY IMPORTANT)
25   (far)    (nerfed from 30)
50 (close) (nerfed from 60)
70 (direct-hit non detonate) (still the same)

-Nuke Missile now "immune" to 2nd special coffin

-2nd special Stage 2 charge coffin damage change to (VERY IMPORTANT)
45   (far)    (nerfed from 60)
100 (close)   (nerfed from 120)
130 (when the enemy runs over the coffin) (still the same and people need to die if they are stupid)

=========================

SECOND PRIORITY BALANCE CHANGES

Reaper

+Health increase to 105
+Non-Flame chainsaw on hit will now flip/stagger the opponent. (same as meatwagon 1st special)

+Flame chainsaw damage increase to 200 if the chainsaw has travelled a certain distance before hitting the target, encouraging players to shoot it at long range.
-RPG now appears on the radar as an icon. (same as remote bomb)

-Nuke missile now immnue to RPG blast radius

-RPG Stage 2 damage decrease into:
50 (far) (nerfed from 60)
100 (Close) (nerfed from 120)

Roadboat
-Special regen rate decrease to 33 seconds.

Warthog
+Special regen rate faster to 28 seconds (buffed from 32) (VERY IMPORTANT)
+Remove double damage weakpoint when Warthog lifts up. (buffed from x2 damage received) (VERY IMPORTANT)
+1st Special crush mode doesn't "randomly" deactivate when successfully hitting an opponent.
+1st Special crush mode duration improve to 15 seconds (buffed from 11 seconds)
+1st special combo damage increase as following
80    (Crush)              (buffed from 60)
90    (Crush Combo)        (buffed from 70)
100   (Super Crush Combo)  (buffed from 80)
110   (Warthog Heaven)     (buffed from 90)

Kamikaze
+Shockwave damage increase to 30 (buffed from 20)

Crimson Fury

+Health increase to 125
+Energy regen rate faster to 60 seconds. (buffed from 90 seconds)

Axel
+Special regen rate faster to 35 seconds (buffed from 40)
+1st Special crush mode doesn't "randomly" deactivate when successfully hitting an opponent.
+1st Special crush mode duration improve to 13 seconds (buffed from 11 seconds)

Meatwagon

+2nd special RC close non-direct hit damage increase to 30 (buffed from 20)

+2nd special remove explosion animation or make if faster for Meatwagon to recover after using 2nd special.
-2nd special Idiot penalty damage increase to 45 (nerfed from 20)

Darkside
+turbo drain rate more longer and efficient to 60 seconds (buffed from 50 seconds)
+Semi-Mines increase damage to 30 per mine (buffed from 15)

Talon

+Special regen rate faster to 35 seconds (buffed from 40)
+Magnet damage increase accordingly
1    Low        
20  Medium           (buffed from 15)
40  High                (buffed from 30)
60  Very high         (buffed from 45)
80  DEATH DROP    (buffed from 60)

-Health decrease to 105

Mounted guns
+damage increase to 1.25 (dealing 5 damage in 4 hits)

Uzi
+Damage increase to 5 per burst (buffed from 4)

Shotgun Sidearm
+far damage increase to 2.5 (buffed from 2) (so the 2-hit combo will end up at 5 damage)
+close damage increase to 10 (buffed from 8.5)

Magnum Sidearm
+damage increase to 13 per shot. (from 11)
+Deals double damage versus aerial units (only affects Talon and Sweetbot when flying)

Laser Sidearm
+Deals double damage versus aerial units (only affects Talon and Sweetbot when flying)
+Laser projectile now has perfect piercing properties and WILL ALWAYS pass through targets when hit and will still be able to deal damage on two or more opponents in a row, regardless of friend or foe.
+Max charge damage increase to 35 (formerly 25)
+charge time/per damage scale follows scalarly according to the charge damage change above

or

+Laser projectile now has perfect piercing properties and WILL ALWAYS pass through targets when hit and will still be able to deal damage on two or more opponents in a row, regardless of friend or foe.
+Charge time to max damage faster to 3 seconds (formerly 5 seconds)
+cooldown after charge attack adjust scalarly according to the change above. (longest cooldown period should also be 3 seconds only)

Power Missile
+Damage increase to 100 if the missile has travelled a certain distance before hitting the target, encouraging players to shoot it at long range.

Mega Guns
-decrease pickup or killstreak pickup capacity to 100 (from 150)
-Total capacity decrease to 200 (nerfed from 300)
===========

comments on my changelist.

ok, Vermin (as a vermin mainer) surprisingly is still good at 180 HP. Since the nerf doesnt really change much on how vermin affects the battlefield offensively. It just helps light car punish and harass vermin easier. So overall Vermin doesnt need a nerf (im sorry platinumplayer3 XD). I would even consider the 180HP vermin close to God tier!!!!!!

Shadow obviously need a nerf, but i think he needs a slight nerf on damage of the 2nd special im multiple aspects.

Junkyard Dog needs a longer frozen time when being freeze and a major healing nerf. according to the list above.

Sweettooth needs a nerf on his flight time, to penalize flying as an escape mechanism and force sweettooth to think and move through the ground.

Roadkill needs a slight nerf on HP and special regen rate. His mobility,freeze escape and power is a little bit too much for a fast vehicle. 

edit: i also kinda agree with vadimony of having 35 second special regen time

Most of my changeslist above are very specific (which is very important), because i dont want overnerfs and overbuffs on vehicles.

Message 82 of 235 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Phat since you refuse to admit the entire community doesn't agree with your way over the top Shadow nerf I decided to do a quick forum search to prove you wrong. These are all people who posted there thoughts on what should be done in regards to Shadow.

1. On 7/18 Arzharkhel posted this on the TMA

"IMO mega guns, shadow's special blast radius nerf (plus idiot penalty, JYD nerf and removing the remote bombs tracking are much more needed"

Notice no mention of a HP drop or any drop in damage from the special at all.

2. SangreGuanche wrote on 07/12/12 on TMA

"Shadow and Meatwagon #Increase idiot penalty damage for Shadow and Meatwagon specials to prevent cheap players from suicide/ramming with them. Right now they get away with a slap on the wrist while causing severe damage. Strict idiot penalty damage will prevent cheap spam and force smart play with these vehicles. If they want to suicide they will have to burn a shield otherwise they would risk taking steep self damage."

Notice again no armor drop or special damage nerf.

3. In response to SangreGuanche post Tyrantll posted on 8/1 in TMA

"I like these."

4. On 7/13 Muddy posted on TMA

"NERF SHADOW?
This I agree to. The radius of coffin bomb blasts is simply ridiculous, and in a game of Skid Row, a Shadow is almost always the winner. My recommendation would be to decrease the radius of the blast, and decrease the power of the stage 2 blast to something like 80 for indirect and 90 if you run straight into it. There's still just too many newbs who don't even understand Shadow's special and to avoid the coffins, and in such lobbies Shadow can be really overpowered."

5. On 7/9 atdsutm posted on TMA

"Shadow
-1st special direct-hit damage change to
20 (close)
30 (medium)
60 (far)
80 (distant) (nerfed from 90)

-2nd special Stage 1 charge coffin damage change to  (VERY IMPORTANT)
25   (far)    (nerfed from 30)
50 (close) (nerfed from 60)
70 (direct-hit non detonate) (still the same)

-2nd special stage 2 charge coffin requires 8 seconds to achieve stage 2 (nerfed from 5 seconds)

-2nd special Stage 2 charge coffin damage change to (VERY IMPORTANT)
45   (far)    (nerfed from 60)
100 (close)   (nerfed from 120)
130 (when the enemy runs over the coffin) (still the same and people need to die if they are stupid)"

Not close to your plan at all.

6. On 7/24 TimeOfTheDark posted on Gamefaqs

"Shadow- I think we can all agree he's top tier, but does that mean OMG NERF HIS SPECIAL NOW!11111 even if it's harder to use than like 90 percent of the specials in the game. Fact is, if you drive into his secondary, you deserve to get blown up. Most people just use it for a free special to absorb when it's on the ground. Otherwise, he's got a more damaging version of napalm for his special that happens to damage himself if he's close. Shadow probably has more suicide deaths currently than any other car (unless you count Reapers getting run over by health semis). If he gets bumped down, no one would play him, and some other car would just take his place"

7. On 7/25 Simba_lnja posted on Gamefaqs

"-For Shadow/MW, I think the only thing people unanimously agreed on was an increase in idiot damage for both + a slight decrease in shadow's coffin blast radius. "

This is a good one.

8. On 7/25 FishGreaseMazon on Gamefaqs

"The only things I would say it this.. Remote bomb tracking nerf.. Shadow blast radius nerf.. THAT'S IT. Killstreak NERF!?!? Umm no."

9. On 7/25 Scorpio221981 said on Gamefaqs

"Shadow is basically meatwagon but faster nerf his speed and coffin bomb damage slightly."

10. On 7/25 ThaCMaster said on Gamefaqs

"Many of the issues are just with homing.

Some car changes need to be done, but not a ton.

IMO, make flying mega guns home on y-axis only from a closer distance. That should solve that.

Take tracking off of remote bombs.

Give napalm and remote a decent buff.

I'd love it if they could slightly nerf all the undodgeables to like 90% if the opponent is moving, not sure if that will ever happen though.

Nerf Turbo for JYD and freeze break.

Increase idiot penalty on suicide bombers.

Nerf Blast Radius for Shadow.

A slight tweak to DS, maybe better energy or freeze tapout.

Some slight buffs and nerfs which should do the trick, nothing too crazy."

11. Vadimony obviously disagrees

12. I disagree

Those are just a few examples. I bet I could find close to 100 if I wanted to. Also I didn't see one person during that whole search say anything close to what you claim the community has agreed to. Please admit you were wrong to try and pass off your opinion as an idea everyone agreed with. You seem to usually be a very honest decent person. Everyone makes mistakes. Its how you handle them that defines you.
Message 83 of 235 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Ah I don't play Megaman much anymore, which is probably why I haven't seen it.

The RPG self stick isn't impossible to do depending on the method you use.  If a person puts the practice in it.   The self stick tactic is hardly a gamebreaker, more or less a gimmick that can net good results here and then but it hasn't been spammed to the point of getting easy dominant wins off of, so the whole idea is theory.  Most people instinctively shield when you go near them, and you really can't go in that long.  If your timing is off you'll miss, or worse die.  It isn't as braindead and as easy as say Shadow's or Meat Wagon's spam.  Those are much more braindead with better results.  Not that nerfing the damage would effect that tactic.

Your logic that Vermin in Nuke is ok, because of one missile.  Well Vermin is restricted in Nuke (at least in ranked) for that reason.  I don't see the logic in nerfing something that nobody uses, if other people use other cheaper things then it is acceptable.  You can toss an  RPG on the Nuke while the person is beginning to launch.  It takes a few seconds and after that it is an instant death for the Nuke.  In reality it isn't a HUGE deal, but it can be annoying if someone does it.

RPG's were hardly used except for a few gimmicky uses here and there.  Some characters use their alt more than their normal.  A person's playstyle is their own, but nerfing something to uselessness isn't doing the game any favor if it isn't being abused in the first place.

Flamesaws aren't THAT hard to hit with, once you're good.  You get used to luring people into them, and if your aim is bad you'll have to freeze.  With the RPG you're always committed to using a shield and your time is limited.  The damage tradeoff simply isn't going to compare to what a competent person can do with good flamesaw aim.

Now, self sticking CAN be useful, but it is more of a gimmickt hat varies from match to match.  It doesn't have the game changing presence of flying mega guns, coffin bombs, or alt gurneys.  Those were a real issue that is causing people to win when they are really lacking in skill.  You may have a user here and there who uses self stick, but even then are they winning the majority of games?  Probably not.  People become wise to the tactic and simply will spam you from afar instead of getting up close.  Crimson and Kami are both faster than Reaper and can avoid him just fine.

Smaller vehicles are going to be more vulnerable.  To me the argument isn't any different than someone using braindead homing spam or gurney spam on a small vehicle and getting an easy win.  Now as I said, I'd rather  none of this be in the game at all to the extent that it is.  But as the game is, I don't see it as much of a problem.

Normal chainsaw sucks pretty bad, it's just a way to finish off your opponent if they run off.  Reaper is made for doing big damage.  If you choose to rely on RPG you are simply curbing the amount of damage you can do as Reaper, which is bad.

For people who suck at flamesaw usage with Reaper will just stick to Shadow, Meat Wagon, Talon, and Sweet Bot to do their cheap damage.  Because they're much safer overall.

So my conclusion.  Self stick CAN pay off big, but it is a gimmick, and relying on it against a group of good players and especially top players won't net good results the way the cheap spam does.  It's something you use against nose pickers or people who don't pay attention.

Message 84 of 235 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Pretty good list amjting.

A few things.  Just make the machine guns home on y-axis and closer, that should solve that.

Warthog doesn't need THAT many buffs.  After 3 hits he's going to do **bleep** near 300 damage in a special, that's too much.  I do agree on the fix on random deactivation and the fix on the weakspot.  That's big enough.

Talon doesn't need any buffs, he's cheap enough.

Meat Wagon needs a larger idiot penalty or and the animation can go.

If Reaper has his stick on Nuke launcher removed, then there is no need to reduce the charge time and damage,  what's the point?  Where else is it causing massive problems?  I do wholeheartedly agree on the nuke thing, but it is fine otherwise.

Message 85 of 235 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

yeah i forgot to remove the reaper RPG stick charge time.

warthog on the other hand only needs buffs on his 1st special. and a slight improvement on his 2nd special. at first glance, it seems to be overbuffed, but looking closely, it wont help a lot still, since its VERY hard to land a crush with warthog.

talon will get nerfed on his megagun tracking. and he needs a little incentive to use the magnet as its primary source of damage.

Message 86 of 235 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Well WH gets the double damage removed which is significant.  His only other issue is the fact that the move glitches up.  I don't think the damage is so much the issue though as it really adds up.

I was talking about Talon's energy regen though.

Message 87 of 235 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Amjting,

I agree on the mega guns nerf. It's quite good to do to balance the range and the fact that vehicles can't compete with auto-aim attacks like that. They simply can't "counterattack" while trying to dodge, which some can't even do. 

But I honestly don't see why you'd need to change so many variables with Sweet Tooth. He's completely fine if you simply remove one thing: auto-aim mega guns from the Sweet Bot. Sure, he's elusive as a big vehicle and very mobile with his flight, but he has the highest learning curve of the game. There's a huge cutoff between him and other vehicles. I don't think he's overpowered in Bot form using the shockwaves (blame the map design for this to be effective), the issue is that he's too strong when he can spam Mega Guns and then shockwave to regain a kill streak. Take away his shockwave and he has no real AOE type move like Warthog, Junkyard Dog, and Darkside. He's got nothing except a terrible method of ramming. To be frank, Sweet Tooth has to have his Bot Form because he's useless without it. 

I can understand nerfing the flight he has, in terms of length, but nerfing the rest and changing things around that much makes it strange. Remember, his head attack is actually a stagger and highly accurate attack. You can use it to set up rams and other things. It's a very accurate and good weapon. Increasing the damage makes him able to hit Nuke Missiles too easily. He's got flying Stalker missile power. I think that's not needed in this game. I honestly feel that Sweet Tooth's biggest issue is his ability to spam auto-aim mega guns. Take that away from him and he's only got the slam for small maps and then he's got his mobility. If you drop down his ability to drain turbo, then you're giving him less chances to slam in small maps and all, which would balance him just fine. 

So, I feel only two changes would have to be made to keep him balanced with the rest of the game:

Auto Aim Mega Guns

Turbo Drain Rate In Flight Form

Doing that will fix the Sweet Bot abuse.

Junkyard Dog
-Stage 1 healing heal reduce to 20% health points (nerfed from 30% health) (VERY IMPORTANT)
-Stage 2 healing heal reduce to 40% health points (nerfed from 60% health) (VERY IMPORTANT)
-Turbo drain rate faster to 60 seconds (nerfed from 100 seconds)
-Freeze break out time nerf to 1.60 seconds (same as Darkside/SweetTooth/Warthog because currently it is as fast as CrimsonFury/Roadkill/Kamikaze)(VERY IMPORTANT)

Doing this will fix the JYD issue. All of these changes will create a more balanced vehicle. he won't lose in any real head to head matchup or anything, but he'll lose his clear advantages that make him too strong: turbo and speed and tap out rate. His healing can be powerful when constantly used, so this allows the medic role to be more precise and takes more effort than before. These figures are ones that I'd agree with. 

Vermin doesn't need a buff. He's got his reduced AA cost when he's using his alternate to protect him. So, his extended shielding can be useful very vehicles that would be harder to fight head-on or whatever. Of course, he can shotgun the 50 damage attack regardless, but that's hard to really fix unless you removed auto-aim from his special completely and force people to manually hit. In which case, you can actually do a buff for a blast radius damage. Of course, that's up to them.

Roadkill/ Outlaw/ Death Warrant:

These vehicles have easy damage, that you can't dodge. If you changed those to work like Darkside, then you've fixed the balance issues with these vehicles. Currently, Roadkill gets his specials too often, so he's able to blood missile like a maniac. I'd say put it at 35 and his HP should be 160. If you tone down the auto-aim function, then you won't really have a mismatch because smaller vehicles can make an effort to dodge and avoid in order to survive long enough to get in damage. Which these three can just have better usage of their offensive specials to hit the fast speedsters. Those are really the only things that make these vehicles overpowering in terms of matchups. And no, big cars cannot dodge such attacks, and DW and Outlaw can rear fire their attacks anyway. Rk can out do the damage output per matchup so he's able to win. 

Remote Bomb:

I disagree. Just remove the tracking and you're set to use the remote as it stands. 

Shadow:

Change the blast radius. All you've done is tamper the numbers and force Shadows to exploit their tactics longer to get the same results. It's still as effective as ever, but it just takes a little bit longer. The blast radius, however, will make Shadows have to "aim" their attacks and that means it'll be more skillful. Solves the auto-aim abuse, and spamming the coffin bomb like a shotgun won't be as effective since Shadow has a very hard time effectively using this in the same ways as MW and Vermin, with a lower blast radius. 

Reaper:

I disagree. His chainsaw, flamesaw are fine the way they are. No one is asking for a change. If you want to stagger people, use the RPG.

In fact, what Reaper needs is to have the RPG return to its original numbers. 

Roadboat:

No one is asking for anything about Roadboat. He's balanced.

Warthog:

I use him. I don't see a problem with him. The only thing I think that would improve Warthog is give him the ability to rear fire two freezes rather than 1, like Reaper. it'd help Axel too. 

Crimson Fury and Kamikaze:

They don't need anything. 

CF lags after freezes; which means he's in need of a nerf in that department. 

Kamikaze is fine now and was fine since ages ago. 

The only thing I would recommend is to let CF be able to drop 4 super mines rather than 2, or give it 5 like Kamikaze. 

I agree on Axel, but i'd rather have his Damage Output return to the original amount. 

Meat Wagon is balanced.

Darkside's turbo would be the only real change that'd be ok. 

I'd make Death Drop 100 for Talon, if you can make the turret do 50 damage. But, yes I think that talon needs to have more use for the magnet. 

The rest I don't really care. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 88 of 235 (293 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Murderdolls90 wrote:

Crimson outside of Nuke sucks, It's hard to balance most of the cars because of that **bleep** nuke mode.

The only problem with CF outside of nuke is the precision drop off when latency issues arise.

If people are not glitching, and you're a good CF player, he can top the games.  People need to stop playing him as a brawler.  And for the love of god, ramming Jugz is not a valid strategy to take him down. 

Message 89 of 235 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 11, 2012

I don't understand how this is hard to agree with? 120 damage by just running into a single person and pressing a button and then exploding it. How much is 120 damage? 1/3 of a Warthog's HP total basically. 3 hits and the slow thing is dead. 1 hit and CF is dead. 1 hit and an absorb shield and Kamikaze is dead. Like I said before, if someone is really desperate, they can do this at will. With Reaper's AA and this things POWER to kill things, Reaper's NOT bothered by his frail weakness. It's pretty much TOO EASY to use this way and abuse. Gimmick? Nope. Takes 2 steps to do it with 1 special. Takes 1 reverse turbo to stick it on with 2 specials. Gimmick? NOPE. Very Very Very easy to stick and move. You can turn the corner, stick, and then rear freeze and explode for 120 and then run off with your last shield in tow to save yourself. Problem? Yes. 

Miss? That's fine, the close ranged damage is 60! that's more than the chainsaw. That's more than the original 22 it was, or 40 for cooked. That's much more. That's a Coffin Bomb figure there. That's more than Vermin's Rat Rocket auto aim thing during the secondary. And that's what you'd call a "miss" with this tactic. I'd call that a kill on a ton of vehicles. In fact, you can damage a whole crowd with just 60 and then stick another at the same time and drive a bit for 5 seconds and drop back in and finish the job. Difficult? No, not really. You just need to get accustomed to it. 

What? You think the Nuke has it stuck on it? No. The RPG explodes and does 45 damage to the Nuke and cannot stick to it. What people stick it on is the CARRIER. They put it in a specific part of the carrier and it instantly explodes the NUKE as the person launches. Can you effectively pick a Vermin or wait 1 minute around the launcher for the blinking noise to stop? Yes. In fact, you can easily counter this tactic if you actually wanted to. The need to do so is called "Teamwork" and you have to work together to deal with it. The remotes and coffins and mines, however, you can jump up there and blow them up by just touching them. The RPGs are a little more tricky. 

Again, I said this before: PEOPLE (I.E. Tiphon-Set) used the RPG in a reliable fashion and had the best Reaper around. Was he troubled by it? No. He used it right and he had great success. If people didn't use it right, like someone trying to hit someone in a crowded area, then they don't deserve to have added high reward for using a weapon wrong. The RPG was never useless. The fact of the matter was that few people developed the skill and knowledge to use it properly. That's not the weapon's fault, that's the lack of ability in people trying to use it. 

You can't flamesaw in every map. You can't just go and run into someone around a corner and blow up for high damage with the saw. It's a LOT more complex and you have so many factors to consider even trying to hit a target ahead. With this, you just have to press the button and they explode. No aim, no wind-up, no nothing. it's very easy to run around and do this, especially in team games where opposing team members try and attack players in bunches all to have a Reaper run in and go BOOM! to leave that pack halfway dead with his 120 DD ability. The reason why it is so OP'd is because you can get crazy scores like 2000 DD and only 100 DR; not to mention the fact that you'd never die. 

20 second respawn rate. Great AA regen. Can MW claim anything to that? No. It's not even close. 

I think that if I took any exploiter and then showed them this tactic and how to do it. They take it and start running wild with it. Why? Because Reaper is more safe and more reliable than a Talon and other vehicles. He's fast, GREAT AA, and has a better special regen. Add in the mobility that the RPG grants, and you've got a semi-Axel mockup of a bike. It'd be easy to use him effectively in that sense. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 90 of 235 (543 Views)
0 Likes