Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 13 2012
By: melodicmizery Hekseville Citizen 373 posts

another patch and another failure rip twisted metals future

[ Edited ]
5 replies 250 views Edited Aug 13, 2012

im very dissapointed with this patch update, i really hate to keep complaining about this and sound like everyone else or even troll but this has been bothering me all year. I really think this is just flat out the end of twisted metal. theres such a lack of good games and ideas out there and rarely ever a car shooter game out. so when a good game like this actually does exist i really really hate to see it destroy itself like this. pretty much every dedicated metal fan i knew will never buy another twisted metal or another jaffe game period.

yesterday i downloaded the patch and my platinum didnt pop. today first game i tried playing today i still had a network connection error and couldnt join. The next game the host was idle and sat there a few minutes before being forced to leave because everyone else did from the game not starting. 3rd try i got in the game and played a round and was good everything went fine. the next round loaded and the game froze my entire ps3. nothing has been fixed that has been bothering me since feb. NOTHING! they keep fixing problems that no one even knew existed. im really upset with the failure of this great game. some of the developers acknowledge that there is network errors and trophy bugs, and then others come on here and pretend that the issue has never existed and dont know. i dont know what to say anymore at this point. i keep not playing the game and waiting for the patch updates, then i get a new update after waiting 3 months and its fixed nothing. a few minor tweeks they fixed were cool and im glad they did that but tweeks arent important at this moment. whats important is actually having a game that plays correctly, rewards you correctly, and doesnt ylod your ps3. there is no future for twisted metal, the future of twisted metal is so bad that there isnt even a dlc future for twisted metal. and dlc packs are a huge huge profit margin for game developers you can make 75% as much money on dlc as you did on the entire game with only 5% of the same effort and time. they didnt listen to the community and they killed there own title off. rip twisted metal. - long time twisted metal fan

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (250 Views)
Wastelander
823 posts

Re: another patch and another failure rip twisted metals future

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

melodicmizery wrote:

trophys being fixed IS a part of the game working properly. i only play games for trophys, i dont stay on one game i like to play them all the way through then junk them. trophys are a way for me to know i did every angle of the game and then more because if youve platinumed a game youve more then beat the game youve beat the game plus done tasks. think about it for a sec, before rophys games still had achievements like gta had a 100% list which everyone would try to do. trophys are the same as a 100% checklist except you can actually show people what u did

------------------------------------------
Add me up if you want to play.
------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (235 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 13, 2012

You sound more like a trophy fan than a TM fan. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Twisted Metal fans don't care about you and your trophies. I bet I know what happened. I heard they put a bug in the patch to freeze up anyone who is a booster. See why you shouldn't cheat.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 13, 2012
i really wished the trophy/achievement system stayed in 360.

we get these kids whining about not being about to get their bragging badges.

and saying that trophy is your proof that you've beaten the game entirely is BS.

try taking us out on multiplayer and beat RiP, /v/, muse, H2K, 420 and other famous clans. you will get more challange in fighting the most prestigious online players than getting your trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 13, 2012

amjting wrote:
i really wished the trophy/achievement system stayed in 360.

we get these kids whining about not being about to get their bragging badges.

and saying that trophy is your proof that you've beaten the game entirely is BS.

try taking us out on multiplayer and beat RiP, /v/, muse, H2K, 420 and other famous clans. you will get more challange in fighting the most prestigious online players than getting your trophies.

Killzone 2 had a trophy that you needed to rank in the top 1% of players for the week to get a ribbon and trophy, thus the plat.  I wish TM had a skill based trophy like that.

Unfortunatly when you have broken gameplay mechanics like sweetbot and talon, it would have made their abuse even worse. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (184 Views)
0 Likes