Highlighted
Dec 25 2010
By: JaKhris Hekseville Citizen 405 posts

The Naughty Kennel: A Naughty Dog Fansite (Uncharted 2 services: Stats, Compare, Leaderboard &more!)

29 replies 208 views Edited Dec 25, 2010

The Naughty Kennel

Hello everybody!

Since my Uncharted 2 Stats Card Generator by JAKPRO.net hit the 18,000 unique cards mark today, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to tell you about my new project... The Naughty Kennel. (Project NK)

I'd like to present it in a way to assure you know what to expect on this website, so I'll break it down for you.

What is the Naughty Kennel?

The Naughty Kennel is a Naughty Dog fansite, about their games. That's Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted. This website also has a strong focus of community aspect, and has interesting features for Naughty Dog fans, as well as Uncharted players.

What will the website feature? (this is the most important part, read this if you don't want to read it all)

The Naughty Kennel has all the "basic" stuff: you can register, take part on the boards, comment the news articles... but you'll also be able to add people as friends, and push your user profile further by listing your Naughty Dog-related collector items, your PSN trophies, and have your Uncharted 2 online profile on a single page (if you specify your PSN ID on your profile).

More into the Uncharted 2 specifics, you'll be able to compare your Uncharted 2 statistics with other users, and see how well you are ranked in general by taking a look at the NK Leaderboards (you can sort by cash, kills, ratio..., and there are two sub-leaderboards: medals and kills by weapon).

You can update your stats on your Uncharted 2 profile by clicking a simple button (it's a bit slow but I'm in touch with Arne from ND to get a more efficient data-retrieval). Also, the Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net that I made will be transfered over to the Naughty Kennel (which means, I'm sorry, that you'll have to update your signature URL, but no worries, it'll work just the same), and registered users will have more regular updates that non-registered users.

Okay, so, when does it open?

It is a bit early to say, but I do plan on releasing it near the end of the year (for the holidays), if not before. You must know that I'm a 17 18-year-old guy that has to go to school (I live in France, and French school schedules can be tough) and I'm doing this all by myself; that mean I program, design, and write everything on the website.

What content will there be?

You will find pages about the story, the characters, the environments... and Uncharted 2 will have an Online section. Though, being by myself, I can't possibly program everything AND write content, so it's going to be light when the website opens.

Can I help?

I take any help I can get! If you want to help out, send me a PM on these boards, and tell me what you would like to do for the Naughty Kennel. I only ask for rather correct spelling, and moreover, motivation.

What's the URL?

You can access the website through this URL, but it isn't open yet: http://www.naughty-kennel.com (it will work without the hyphen as well)

That's it folks. :smileyhappy: I hope you are as excited as I am for this project. I've been working on it all summer and on since then. I hope to have your support, and than you'll enjoy what I've made for you! :smileyhappy:

I will keep you updated. :smileywink:

Take care!

Chris

Message 23 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2116 posts

Another Fan Website!

Nov 8, 2010

Fantastic news, I'll be sure and take a look when you're finished.

Thanks for sharing!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

Well, no one can say your not dedicated lol   In any case...

Nov 8, 2010

Well, no one can say your not dedicated lol

In any case it sounds like one hell of a project, I can only wish you the best of luck with it. With that said I would like to ask if you would want to become "friends" in that I would link you on my site http://www.eojmarket.com/ which I'm in the process of merging with my generator site. Grant it we are competitors of sorts but really the only thing we will have in common will be the gens since our "other" sites have different focuses of sorts. In any case, if this is something you would like to do I can link you on my site now and when the NK is up and running you can link back to me (eojmarket.com).

Either way, best of luck with the NK.

Design your own sig @ myu2sig.com - Gen Status: - Total unique user count:
Message 2 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Sounds awesome Chris!!!! Let me know if you need any help...

Nov 8, 2010

Sounds awesome Chris!!!! Let me know if you need any help.....

Message 3 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
725 posts

I've been waiting for this announcement, since your littl...

Nov 8, 2010

I've been waiting for this announcement, since your little remark involving the launch of this so-called "Naughty Kennel" :smileywink:

Will visit soon.

Message 4 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Thanks for your supports, guys, very appreciated. :) I'm...

Nov 9, 2010

Thanks for your support, guys, very appreciated. :smileyhappy: I'm sending a few PMs. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

EDIT

Nov 10, 2010

EDIT

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - DarkShadow345
Message 6 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

any news?

Nov 28, 2010

any news?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J1u5yv1R4c
Message 7 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Currently working on the new Stats Cards (version 2.0), c...

Nov 28, 2010
Currently working on the new Stats Cards (version 2.0), check here for a preview: http://i54.tinypic.com/2d6w6iw.jpg :smileywink:
After that, I'll be doing the forum. When that's done, I think I can open the website. :smileyhappy:
Message 8 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

The only change I see is the green bar beneath the level,...

Nov 28, 2010

JaKhris wrote:
Currently working on the new Stats Cards (version 2.0), check here for a preview: http://i54.tinypic.com/2d6w6iw.jpg :smileywink:

The only change I see is the green bar beneath the level, what other changes will there be?

Message 9 of 30 (208 Views)
0 Likes