I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

All cards have been fixed as promised, so all text is now...

Apr 24, 2010

MoreBloodWine wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working on a fix for the cards with semi bright to really bright backgrounds where alot if not all of the displayed text is hidden. All cards should be completely patched by tomorrow afternoon. In any case below you will see the best example of what I am talking about.

As for what you need to do, nothing, the fix will propogate by itself when your cards poll for an update, but ya I just wanted to let all of you know.

Old Look

New Look

All cards have been fixed as promised, so all text is now displayed properly on cards with really bright backgrounds. You dont need to do anythign for the change to affect you, your cards will pick up the new images on their next update.

Design your own sig @ myu2sig.com - Gen Status: - Total unique user count:
Message 20 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Great!!! It looks a lot better now. Thank you!

Apr 25, 2010

Great!!!
It looks a lot better now. Thank you!

Up to the 1000!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Personal guns, made by the awesome JoninRock64! :smileyhappy:
Message 21 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1560 posts

nice, btw only the last 85 left now :)

Apr 25, 2010

MoreBloodWine wrote:

MoreBloodWine wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working on a fix for the cards with semi bright to really bright backgrounds where alot if not all of the displayed text is hidden. All cards should be completely patched by tomorrow afternoon. In any case below you will see the best example of what I am talking about.

As for what you need to do, nothing, the fix will propogate by itself when your cards poll for an update, but ya I just wanted to let all of you know.

Old Look

New Look

All cards have been fixed as promised, so all text is now displayed properly on cards with really bright backgrounds. You dont need to do anythign for the change to affect you, your cards will pick up the new images on their next update.

nice, btw only the last 85 left now :smileyhappy:

Message 22 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

81 left now heh... funny thing is that it was only at 901...

Apr 25, 2010

81 left now heh... funny thing is that it was only at 901 when I went to bed last night andn ow it;s at 919 !!!

Just a friendly reminer to all, if you enjoy the site and want to help out donations ar always welcome even if it is just $0.01 as a donation of any amount is welcomed.

Ps; Donations are not mandatory in any way, the system is just there for you to help show some love for the site should you have some spare change to spend

In any case, THANK YOU all for makin the 2.25.2010 launch of myu2sig.com so **bleep** popular. I never dramed we would have so many users so fast

Message 23 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

I set a fixed width and height to the site so now anyone...

Apr 25, 2010
I set a fixed width and height to the site so now anyone with resolutions smaller than 1280x800 will see the site the way I do and not have everything squished together. You guys with smaller resolutions though will now see horizontal & verticle scroll bars which you will need to use to see the entire page.
Message 24 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1560 posts

2 months now... :) happy birthday? :p

Apr 26, 2010

2 months now... :smileyhappy: happy birthday? :smileytongue:

Message 25 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

myu2sig.com told me that shes verry happy with all her su...

Apr 26, 2010

Guzzyo wrote:

2 months now... :smileyhappy: happy birthday? :smileytongue:

myu2sig.com told me that shes verry happy with all her success but sad that no one got her a 2 months bday gift yesterday ;-p

Message 26 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Out of curiousity. -Why did you make your cards look just...

Apr 26, 2010
Out of curiousity.
-Why did you make your cards look just like JaKhris's? (Position for position and card size).
-Why the ugly positioning of everything (mostly the background images)
-Why the low quality images?
-Why no actual style to your cards? look like you just threw a bunch of stuff at a wall.

No offense or anything, just wondering. Sorry for being blunt.

Oh yeah, you might want t change your auto updating from every 15 minutes to like once a day or so before Naughty Dog bans your server IP or worse blocks all outside access like Sony did with their website. excessive server load is not good.
Message 27 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

1. His seemed to have the best template and honestly ther...

Apr 26, 2010

shadysaiyanz wrote:
Out of curiousity.
1 Why did you make your cards look just like JaKhris's? (Position for position and card size).
2 Why the ugly positioning of everything (mostly the background images)
3 Why the low quality images?
4 Why no actual style to your cards? look like you just threw a bunch of stuff at a wall.

No offense or anything, just wondering. Sorry for being blunt.

Oh yeah, you might want t change your auto updating from every 15 minutes to like once a day or so before Naughty Dog bans your server IP or worse blocks all outside access like Sony did with their website. excessive server load is not good.

1. His seemed to have the best template and honestly there's only so many ways to organize these cards to have the data placed where I want it with the right font etc.

2. Don't really know what to say for this one, I will agree the positioning on alot of them is bad but if I used smaller fonts and moved some stuff around then image placement would look alot better using the current backgrounds.

3. A majority of the images listed are from different users but for the few I have listed. I'm not real good in the art department and I couldnt find any HD images to play with.

4. Similar to two, not sure what to say for this one but the cards serve their intended purpose so I don't see a reason to get all fancy as if I were trying to make a film or professional website.

As for my auto update time, I'm always in communication with one of the Dev's and he said that if my site caused any server issues on their end he would let me know so update wise I'm fine for the time being. Plus, not all cards update at the same time... when a image is called it checks the DB to see when it was last updated and goes from there. So an image is only updated when its called (shown) and it's last update was over 15 minutes ago. So it's not like I have 900+ images updating every 15 minutes at the same time.

As for Sony blocking outside server access... they didnt do that. They just got creative with how they allow certain things... I got auto updating trophies working just fine on my end.

Message 28 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

PS; No offense taken ;-)

Apr 26, 2010

PS; No offense taken

Message 29 of 464 (177 Views)
0 Likes