Lombax Warrior
149 posts

2v2 will be in The Lab, which is good but can already be...

May 22, 2010
  • 2v2 will be in The Lab, which is good but can already be done if people want to. I also think a 2v2v2v2v2 would be a cool idea
  • Another idea is 3v3 deathmatch, where each player in a team is assigned a different role. One person would be short range (shotgun), another mid-range (AK-47, M4 would probably be too overpowered) and another person long range (sniper rifle)
Message 131 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Fortune Hunter [New competitive game mode]

May 22, 2010

There would be 25 gold pieces spawned randomly per match, and the match would last 5 minutes. This mode could be a free-for-all with no teams or 2 teams. I think it would work best as a free-for-all though, as teams would dominate too easily.

On each map there would be 1,000 potential spawn points for the little gold treasure pieces (although depending on logistics, ND's resources and/or laziness this might have to be dropped down significantly to 500 or less). Some spawns would be hidden, up above, or in very obscure areas. Just like in SP, you would have to fire to get some of them to drop.

The goal is to get as many gold pieces as you can before the match ends in 5 minutes. Each gold piece is worth $500 or $1,000 (undecided, it's something that would have to be perfected in testing by ND). The more gold pieces you have at the end of the match, the more money you make from them alone. But there's a catch. Every time you are killed, you lose half your gold pieces and they are dumped on the ground around your body, similar to how Sonic loses his rings when he gets hit. Gold pieces from a dead body or that have not been picked up after being shot down would re-spawn in 15 seconds.

Will you be alone when hit someone with a mother lode? Will there be a mad dash by a mob for all the gold pieces? Will someone be waiting around with an RPG-7 to take you all out and claim the prize? We can only find out if ND and others like this idea for the Fortune Hunter game mode. :smileywink: (That and there isn't some huge glaring issue I overlooked.)

Message 132 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

No Power Playlist   Playlist that has several game modes...

May 24, 2010

No Power Playlist

Playlist that has several game modes without power weapons.

Weapons that could be banned are:

-M32-Hammer

-Dragon Sniper

-RPG-7

GAU-19 could stay since it only ever spawns once and cripples you anyway.

________

Also, 1v1v1v1v1 -- 5 person Deathmatch (First to 21 or 20 minutes)

Also, 3vs3 Playlist (All Game Modes- 3/5 of required points/kills with same time limit)

*Also, just an overall suggestion-- Increase the Spawn wait time in Plunder to 20 seconds.

Message 133 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Free For All

May 25, 2010

I Don't Get How Free For All Deathmatch Would Work Though, That Would Mean 10 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.. So It Can't Be 5 Heroes And 5 Villains Right? It Would Be A Villain, A Hero And 8 OTHER Types!! If It Was 5 Villains And 5 Heroes, You Would Need To Kill Your Own Heroes/Villains! And You Would Need At Least 30 Spawns In 1 Map! So How Would A Free For All Work In The First Place?

Message 134 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
9 posts

What I Said Before..

May 25, 2010

Well For Free For All We Can Do: 1 Uc2 Hero, 1 Uc2 Villain, 1 Skeleton (Whichever One You Want), 1 Uc1 Hero, 1 Uc1 Villain, 5 DLC Characters Maybe? Like 1 Cole/Evil Cole, 1 Helghast Soldier, 1 Chimera, 1 Dead Explorer And 1 Mr. Pinkerton!! 

Also I Was Thinking Of A 5 Guys Vs. 5 Girls Type: For Example, Rika Raja, 2 Chloes And 2 Elenas Vs. Lazarevich, Lieutenant Draza,  Evil Cole, Glowzor And Platzor!! You Never Know If It Would Be Good..

*All You Need To Do Is Make More Girls*

Message 135 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1313 posts

I don't like your character setup. I think ND should just...

May 25, 2010

eXcaliburkon wrote:

Well For Free For All We Can Do: 1 Uc2 Hero, 1 Uc2 Villain, 1 Skeleton (Whichever One You Want), 1 Uc1 Hero, 1 Uc1 Villain, 5 DLC Characters Maybe? Like 1 Cole/Evil Cole, 1 Helghast Soldier, 1 Chimera, 1 Dead Explorer And 1 Mr. Pinkerton!! 

Also I Was Thinking Of A 5 Guys Vs. 5 Girls Type: For Example, Rika Raja, 2 Chloes And 2 Elenas Vs. Lazarevich, Lieutenant Draza,  Evil Cole, Glowzor And Platzor!! You Never Know If It Would Be Good..

*All You Need To Do Is Make More Girls*

I don't like your character setup. I think ND should just do random setting or even choosing is fine since there is no green tag above their head. Btw, I'm DRAGONLORD_LVL45, sorry for leaving that one match, my friend was invited me and I'll admit, I was sucking, also my warm up match, not excuses.

Message 136 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
712 posts

Naughty Dog needs to get rid of some of the playlists

May 27, 2010

Currently, the playlists are:

-deathmatch

-elimination

-plunder

-objectives

-all competitive

-co-op objective

-co-op arena

-DLC repeat all above

There are an average of 50,000 players on every day. I think ND is splitting up the number of people online at one time (which is much less than 50,000, I'd think) too sparcely between the playlists. If you've ever noticed, it can take up to five, ten, fifteen minutes (or more, I read in some thread earlier that someone took 42 minutes) to find a match! Common sense dictates that if there are less playlists, it would be easier to find matchs more quickly, get into a game more quickly, and keep everyone happy.

I would like to suggest three choices for ND to consider:

(a) get rid of the objectives playlist and the elimination playlist. The all competitive mode gives good, all around choices to pick between.

(b) get rid of the plunder playlist, get rid of the elimination playlist, merge co-op objectives and co-op arena together into one playlist. Start providing three map choices to pick between (don't worry, theres always a tie or a majority) in each playlist.

(c)Keep deathmatch, create an all deathmatch (elimination, sniper & pistole, RPG, etc) playlist, create an all objectives playlist, get rid of the plunder playlsit, and merge the two co-op's. Voila, 4, read it...4, playlists, 5 if you want to include DLC.Provide three map choices. Or don't merge the co-ops. Either way, the number of playlists is better than 7. This choice is my favorite.

*** Providing three map choices means that there will always be a majority vote as long as an even number of people vote. This is better than two map choices, where the probability of a tie increases. When it comes to co-op (or a merged co-op playlist), I understand three map choices would be undesirable, but usually, at least two people end up picking the same map. I also understand that the chances of an objectives map being picked is tougher, but, hey, thats what friends are for.

What do you guys think (apart from the fact that this post was a mouthful).

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 137 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1263 posts

Taking five minutes to get players on your match does suc...

May 27, 2010

Taking five minutes to get players on your match does suck, but having it split up the way it is makes sense. The problem is not the way the servers are split... the problem is the current gaming community in general. A majority love playing deathmatch too much these days. If there were more gamers willing to play the objective based matches vs just deathmatch, then we wouldn't have the wait times that we do.

Online communities in general are pretty pathetic with their match type preferences IMO.

photo PS4Tag_zpsqnbvt5di.png
Message 138 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
712 posts

This is my problem, and why I really would like just one...

May 27, 2010

Telekill wrote:

Taking five minutes to get players on your match does suck, but having it split up the way it is makes sense. The problem is not the way the servers are split... the problem is the current gaming community in general. A majority love playing deathmatch too much these days. If there were more gamers willing to play the objective based matches vs just deathmatch, then we wouldn't have the wait times that we do.

Online communities in general are pretty pathetic with their match type preferences IMO.

This is my problem, and why I really would like just one big objectives playlist.

I'm really big on objectives and at least if the plunder playlist is gone, that means there would be more players in the objectives playlist, which means finding matches and getting to play turf war etc will happen more often. Turf war is my favorite game type, and unfortunately I've gotten to play it only around 20  times. Everytime I go into objectives, no one is there, and everytime I go into all competitive, no one picks dares to pick turf war over deathmatch RPG's :smileysad: I've played so many deathmatches and I'm sick of em.

Message 139 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

remove objective (all competitive mode) remove plunder (k...

May 27, 2010
remove objective (all competitive mode)
remove plunder (kill farming)
remove rank or work harder improving it
Message 140 of 478 (63 Views)
0 Likes