Reply
Apr 20 2010
By: Acantochelys Lombax Warrior 236 posts
Offline

Stats are slow to update

5 replies 50 views Edited Apr 20, 2010

Like the title reads it takes a very, very long time to update. It also gives me false information sometimes such as, displaying 27 rampant medals when I really have 18.

 

What's the deal?

 

Also, congrats ND on the new forums. Hopefully the combination of tracking your stats, reading up on the latest U2 news and communicating with fellow players will bring in the whole, if not MOST of the U2 community... all 60,000-ish of us.

Message 1 of 6 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 09/24/2003
Offline
1660 posts
 

We've had some processing delays in the past few weeks th...

Apr 20, 2010

 


Acantochelys wrote:

Like the title reads it takes a very, very long time to update. It also gives me false information sometimes such as, displaying 27 rampant medals when I really have 18.

 

What's the deal?

 

Also, congrats ND on the new forums. Hopefully the combination of tracking your stats, reading up on the latest U2 news and communicating with fellow players will bring in the whole, if not MOST of the U2 community... all 60,000-ish of us.


 

 

We've had some processing delays in the past few weeks that have slowed down different aspects of stats -- mostly you'll see your match history updated before your basic stats updated. And all of that before you would see your level/cash updated.  We should be just about caught up and no more than 24 hours behind at this point.

 

Regarding the rampant medal -- are you saying that it sometimes shows two different values?

 

Message 2 of 6 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/12/2009
Offline
236 posts
 

Mhm... it doesn't only fluctuate with my medals though. I...

Apr 20, 2010

Mhm... it doesn't only fluctuate with my medals though. I've noticed it does it with my kills, time played etc.

Message 3 of 6 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 09/24/2003
Offline
1660 posts
 

We have multiple stats servers that provide that data to...

Apr 20, 2010

 


Acantochelys wrote:

Mhm... it doesn't only fluctuate with my medals though. I've noticed it does it with my kills, time played etc.


 

 

We have multiple stats servers that provide that data to the website.  Sometimes the servers go out of sync a little -- although that shouldn't ever the be case in theory, it happens in practice.  So when the website polls one of the other stats servers, you'll see a difference reflected based on how far they may be out of sync.

 

Let us know if you see this consistently and we'll take a look at the servers. We look fairly regularly but sometimes we don't catch it right away regardless.

 

Message 4 of 6 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
4836 posts
 

How much time does it take for a stats server to update w...

Apr 20, 2010

 


arne wrote:



Acantochelys wrote:

Mhm... it doesn't only fluctuate with my medals though. I've noticed it does it with my kills, time played etc.




We have multiple stats servers that provide that data to the website.  Sometimes the servers go out of sync a little -- although that shouldn't ever the be case in theory, it happens in practice.  So when the website polls one of the other stats servers, you'll see a difference reflected based on how far they may be out of sync.


Let us know if you see this consistently and we'll take a look at the servers. We look fairly regularly but sometimes we don't catch it right away regardless.

 


 

How much time does it take for a stats server to update when someone gets more kills/Medals? A day?

 




Message 5 of 6 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 09/24/2003
Offline
1660 posts
 

Typically it should take no more than 24 hours to be up t...

Apr 21, 2010

 


Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

 

How much time does it take for a stats server to update when someone gets more kills/Medals? A day?

 


 

 

Typically it should take no more than 24 hours to be up to date.

 

Message 6 of 6 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes