Oct 11 2012
By: TheSchwabenator First Son 1 posts

Uncharted 2 - The Dig - Glitch

3 replies 1365 views Edited Oct 11, 2012

Hey, I have just started playing PS3, and I am enjoying Uncharted 2 thoroughly, well I was.

I got to a point in the dig where I just could not go any further. I watched a walk through to see if I had done something wrong, but  I had done everything correctly. Then at one point in the dig, you follow blood to a wall. Sully is supposed to say something and then help you push the wall through, but when I got to this point, the game does nothing, it shows the hint but you are supposed to be able to press triangle to commence the conversation, but it just doesn't give me that option at all. Can anybody help me please. Thanks Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 4 (1,365 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Re: Uncharted 2 - The Dig - Glitch

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

The problem was a bad disk if you have this problem you need a new disk.

Message 2 of 4 (1,335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 31, 2013
Issue solved!!! You know when you are online and start a game you have to accept the updates in order to make the nag screen go away? Guess what Naughty Dog... the Uncharted 2, v1.09 update breaks your original game. Nice work guys. For everyone experiencing game lockup issues, try this. At the PS3 menus, go to Game->Game Date Utility (scroll up). Find and delete the the v1.09 update for Uncharted 2. Run the game and decline the update. Instantly the behavior in The Dig is different. Now when I press d-pad up when at the wall, Nate and Sully start having the conversation mentioned in all the walkthroughs I looked at instead of being stuck at a dead end. Now I have to apologize to the reseller I just accused of pilfering defective discs.
Message 3 of 4 (660 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 1, 2014
So there is still likely some issue with some of the released discs but no fear... workaround no. 2. Shortly into ch. 5, Urban Warefare, continuing without the v1.09 update caused most of the world to look a sad background, solid color of orange. I jumped from one building into the orange abyss and kept falling which locked up PS3 again. Reboot and relaunch checkpoint caused lockup (characteristic spinning dagger with audio stuck in a loop). Thought if w/o update worked to get past The Dig, why not try re-installing the v1.09 update to continue. It worked for now. We shall see if the update/no update trick lets me fumble through to the end of the game... Best guess is that the manufacturing of the Blueray discs had a flaw at a layer transition near the perimeter of the physical media. I'll deal with this crap for now but feel Naughty Dog should have to replace defective discs.
Message 4 of 4 (656 Views)
0 Likes