Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 16 2012
By: drrere First Son 26 posts
Accepted Solution

"Chapters" main menu option in Uncharted 2?

13 replies 2140 views Edited Apr 16, 2012

Does this exist for the single player as in the 1st Uncharted, Drake's Fortune?

In the 1st game you can choose to replay an chapter you have already completed. Apparantly no so with Uncharted 2 (only in the multi-player formate?).

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated,

drrere

Edit: Personal info removed. -MV

drrere
Message 9 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: "Chapters" main menu option in Uncharted 2?

Apr 15, 2012

Yes you can replay any chapter you've beaten in Uncharted 2. Same goes for Uncharted 3 (and Uncharted 1, which you already knew).

above new game:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/505076-uncharted-2-among-thieves-playstation-3-screenshot-main-title.jpg

Message 1 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Thx 4 the reply.

Unfortunately the chapters option appears to me to be only available for the multiplayer version and not the single player for Uncharted 2 (which however is shown on the main menu for Uncharted 1, Drake's Deception).

Your pic shows "Chapters" across from the multplayer setting.

Help me get this right if I am missing something, please.

Again your help is appreciated,

drrere .....

drrere
Message 2 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Apr 15, 2012

Once you've completed the game you can choose to play any chapter you wish in the single player. Did you complete the game? Also you may want to remove your personal info from your first post.

Message 3 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 15, 2012

I did complete the full Uncharted 2 game and it is even confirmed in the Saved Data Utility option under Game in the PS3 XMB.= (100% complete, easy).

However when reinserting the disc I cannot access the "Chapters" option for the single player formate as I can after having completed the 1st Uncharted game (Drake's Fortune).

Further suggestions?

I really welcome the help as I'd love to share certain chapters with others withourt having to replay the entire game to arrive a the choosedn chapters.

drrere .....

drrere
Message 4 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Apr 15, 2012

drrere wrote:

Your pic shows "Chapters" across from the multplayer setting.

Yes, that's how its supposed to be; that doesn't mean it is the Chapter select menu for Multiplayer though.

What you see on the picture IS the Chapter selection for the Singleplayer. There is no Chapter select for Multiplayer.

On your game, click the thing that says "Chapters" (as seen in the picture).

It's not for Multiplayer, it's for Singleplayer.

Just click it, choose one of the levels, and load it. It'll load that Singleplayer level, not Multiplayer.

Message 5 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 15, 2012

1st, thx for your participation in this thread.

I've done just what you've said and on both the difficulty level I completed and even for an easier level and all I can chose is the 1st chapter (I am unable to scroll through all the chapters of the game as I can with the 1st Uncharted).

What I guess I'll do is replay entirely again (although as I mentioned before, the saved data utility confirms I've completed the game 100% and the approrpiate difficulty level) and see if it works this time, unless you have any other thoughts for me to try.

With appreciation,

drrere .....

drrere
Message 6 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Apr 16, 2012

Not sure if I'm understanding your problem correctly, so this may not help at all, but I'll try.

If you're only seeing the first chapter, then maybe your issue is that you recently said "New Game".

"New Game" will delete all unlocked chapters, and only allow you to start from the latest chapter you've gotten to. To once again unlock all chapters, you must play through the entire game again.

In the future, if you want to start the game from the beginning but don't want to delete all of your chapters under the chapter select menu, then you have two options:

1) After hitting "New Game", don't save over your file that has the completed game, make a new save file. Then whenever you want to play a chapter you haven't gotten to in your replay, reload your completed file.

2) Instead of hitting "New Game", just select Chapter 1 from the chapter select menu. It won't delete all of your other chapters.

Message 7 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 16, 2012

I'm thinking you just may have hit the issue under your "New Game"  explanation in your 2nd paragraph.

As several users have had a try, I bet this probably does exlain the problem.

I hope to be able to complete the game again soon, so I can check out the theory at that time.

I'll also be sure to let you know as well if successful.

Regards, and many thanks once more,

drrere .....

drrere
Message 8 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 16, 2012

One additional question, please; Do you have to complete the entire game to be able to replay completed chapters?

Thanks,

drrere .....

drrere
Message 10 of 14 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes