02-27-2013 03:02 AM - edited 02-27-2013 03:03 AM
I swear the body glitch happened to me yesterday!!!!
I can send you the cinema file!
They don't care, and it probably wasn't even fixed just the occurence of the glitch happening being reduced by a certain amount. Naughty Dog doesn't seem capable of actually making their game better less it involves getting money from players (even then it may not work correctly, look at some of the stats hats.)
02-27-2013 04:51 AM
Haha, hell no that the deadbody glitch is patched.
The only thing the fixed was the way that wasn't even possible in online only in custom.
And for the airwalk, There already is another airwalk. The airwalk 5.0 :/
And the deadbody glitch with lag is still possible
02-27-2013 09:45 AM
It's an okay update I guess....But honestly, there really isn't anything in this update that excites me and gives me any more reason to play the online.
I was kinda hoping for maybe a final set of levels from like 76-99 or something....With maybe level 100 being the rumored skull....
Or maybe a fresh new playlist that was an all competitve type playlist made up of all our labs or block mesh maps....
I wanted to see something to get me excited about playing and I don't see it. Personally, I don't care a single bit about the tournament system...and could really care less about colors and such.
The think the objectives medals changes are fine.....I have seen many people farming medals, boosters, etc in those modes...And do like they increased the rewards for earning medals that you should be trying to earn in those modes...
The big item I suppose it the FTP....I guess it's okay at this point....Gets more people playing and trying the game and anything that adds to the player pool is okay.
Overall though, not really anything that excites me.
02-27-2013 11:06 AM
02-27-2013 11:43 AM - edited 02-27-2013 11:47 AM
Here's a thread regarding my impressions of the patch and also some explaination regarding other things.
- Free-to-play: First of all, for those saying this isn't a good thing. It is. It means that there is a boost in the MP pool (Meaning that you can find more people near your location, which means less latency to that effect) and it gets people to consider grabbing the full game whether it's digital or retail. All the competitive modes are unlocked (co-op modes not included) so it means that it will be easier to find people in modes such as classic mode or even TDM. Sure there is monetizing with the micro-transactions but honetly, it isn't expected for a game that went F2P. There will be micro-transactions.
It's not that I have a problem with F2P itself, it's the way ND implemented it. You can't use half the guns, you can only play competitive mode, level cap is ridicoulsly small, multiple ads on the F2P version, honestly it's just a big advertisement. I'm not complaintng about the increased player pool, I'm complaining because I feel that if a multiplayer goes "Free to Play" it should be FREE to play, not "Free for 15 levels and you can't use half of the features". Atleast Killzone actually called it a multiplayer "demo" and didn't try to pretend it was the full experiance. Even then it still has more features than UC3.
- Colours: One of the best improvements to the patch. It means people are not limited to some very dull colours. It means more freedom in terms of customisation. It's not a gameplay element to brag about but to some people they do give a toss about what colour shirt they want their Reporter Elena to wear.
One of the sole good things about this patch. I do wish they had actually fixed things such as blindfire and weapon balance, but whatevs.
- Technical issues: I pretty much cannot talk much about this since I have no idea what technical issues were covered. As far as I know, according to Robert Cogburn's twitter it covers the Dead Body glitch and the airwalk glitch. As far as the dead body glitch goes I do not expect it to be fixed. Reason being that it was never fixed in UC2 and while I hopefully expect the patch to at least minimise dead body glitches, I don't expect them going away. Air walk I'm glad to see gone but time will tell if the technical fixes will indeed fix the issues at hand.
I'm very disappointed that there was no technical issues list put up. I would have liked to see what was fixed and what wasn't. As far as I'm aware, I don't know if it even fixed party splits.
Edit: Cogburn has replied to this thread regarding the dead body glitch and air walk glitch.My favorite part of the patch. The one thing that NEEDED to be addressed.
Air and dead body glitch are fixed.
- Team Objectives and Plunder medals removed: This is another good thing. One of the reasons why people used TO and Plunder was to farm for boosters. With most of the medals required for boosters gone it means that people will have to resort to TDM or classic mode to level their boosters up,
It's sad that they did not remove the Assassin medal since that one covers cloaked butthis is a great step. To make matters a lot better objective and plunder medals were given buffs, it means that people will play the objective properly. None shall pass was a significantly hard trophy to get. Now it's a lot easier. if you have already got it, give yourself a pat on the back anyway. You did it the hard way, you should be proud of that. Note that this won't get rid of kill farming as there are still treasures to collect in those modes but it's a great step in the right direction.
Edit: Turns out that oh snap medals are required for the assassin medal so in effect cloaked boosting is ineffective in TO and Plunder. That's great!
I agree. I don't really care for Plunder, but for those that do it means boosting should be eliminated.
- Lab maps and labs: More lab maps per lab. That's great. AND adding the lab maps into custom games for later too. This is also a great addition for other reasons.
- Tournament additions: One thing I don't have interest in is about is the platinum tournament. For me I wasn't a big fan of the tournament system when it was first announced. I was meh. The way to get points was either through TDM, 3TDM or through classic mode. Not only that you had to play by yourself to get more points. So it's suffice to say I am very meh over the tournament updates.
- Leaderboard reset: Not a full on reset but it will do. It's only for people whom are inactive. Most of the people whom glitched their way to the top have also been removed so that's one slate wiped. Not exciting but it's a nice to have thing.
- The red paw: It's a nice gesture. I found it weird to me but I'm sure it will grow on me over time. Not a big issue for me.
Now I will get to why I made a separate thread.
I suspect that this might be the last patch ND does. It hasn't been this big of a patch since the 1.13 patch. While it would be nice for ND to continue to fix the game, I suspect that they most likely want to focus on other things such as finishing up The Last of Us and working on their PS4 project (could be Uncharted or it could be a new ip, who knows).
At any rate we shouldn't expect anything more from ND in terms of patches and any patches included should be welcomed (unless it is a 1.05 fiasco patch). If you're happy or unhappy with the latest patch, that's your concern. I wasn't wowed over completely but I was ok with it.
Now I've noticed some people aren't happy with some things with the game such as micro-transactions or that the game has gone F2P was their most disappointing news, the reaction to me was just very disappointing as I expected a better reaction to the patch and the F2P version. With regards to micro-transactions. I'm sorry but I absolutely do not care. It does not affect me so why should I complain about it? You can buy stuff that you worked hard for, so? You can still work hard to unlock those items. I care about technical fixes. Not how ND makes money. I also don't care if you got a problem with it. It's your problem, not mine. I've also said why F2P was a good thing. I won't repeat myself here. When it comes to a F2P model, expect micro-transactions.
TL;DR, patch 1.17 has highs and lows, I say why I think this might be the last patch and why I am not happy with the reaction from some people. Long read but I thought about this when writing it.
The reason I'm not a huge fan of the patch is that with the exeption of the techical fixes, I don't really think ANY of these fixes take precedence over game balancing. Great, so we can make Drake neon orange, but that doesn't change the fact that he'll still be slaughtered by overpowered M9 blindfire just as fast as before. I just don't get why they can't fix the actual game.
My comments are in red.