Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Offline
3248 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 21, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
"What have the other team been doing?"

Maybe the other team have been working on TLOU 2?
U mean UC4?
I'm almost sure most of TLOU team has now moved over to help the UC3/4 Team. 
Also ND is busy trying to save what's left of TLOU MP & getting dem DLC finished up.
Message 31 of 64 (60,155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Offline
3248 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Yeah, I kinda like sprint on UC3. Needs a nerf though, to make it REALLY hard to turn and stuff.

I agree wished they had copied how Gears of War did sprint. But it's too late nerf sprint, just leave it we don't need anymore more nerfs in UC3.

Message 32 of 64 (60,155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 21, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Did you know they fixed sprint and M9 RoF?


they aren't fixed unless they are removed compeltely in my opinion, both should never have been in the game in the first place...


Non-Sense.

 

Have you ever tried playing UC3 with sprint disabled it ruins the pacing because everything about UC3 MP screams fast over the top action. Sprint was a great addition to UC3 MP.

 

 The M9 is the M4 replacement having just the AK as the sole automatic gun would not make the game anymore balanced.

 

Oh & M9 is my main gun & I aim with it 98% of the time, so i'm not defending it for being the jack of all trades as I have a Sniper & AK loadout as well.


Uncharted 2 didn't need a sprint option, so I don't see why Uncharted 3 suddenly does, the only reason why you think it's worse when disabled, is because you are used to it, compare it to taking drugs, when you take it regularly for a while, you just keep on taking it and can't stop taking it, but that doesn't make it a good thing, anyway, worse analogies aside, sprint looks like it is needed in UC3 because of the horrible map design with big open spaces (airstrip, london underground, london streets) and the clunky climbing mechanics make people run around more instead of climbing...

 

and where did I say the M9 should be removed? I want the M9 RoF removed, not the whole gun...


Uncharted 2 is a slower paced game than UC3 i'm glad ND added sprint it fits the style of UC3.

UC2 & UC3 are different games time for you to accept that & stop comparing apples to oranges, UC3 is a technically superior MP to UC2 any day & both games should be judged on their own merit it's not a direct sequel. And actually no because when I play UC2 which I still do I DON'T find myself missing sprint & I rarely bunny hop, When I play UC3 I rely on sprint. 

 

Yes Climbing is clunky but it doesn't add to the reason why 'people run around more' lol.

 

And i'm Sure you read my post where I said I misinterpreted what you said, I even said sorry. So pointing that out for the sake of doing so was well pretty pointless.


no, I replied first and then I did read the other comments, and when I saw your other comment I realised that too, and I edited my post for it, I can't help it that you reply in 3 milliseconds Smiley Tongue

anyway, I disagree on your sequel theory, UC3 should have just been an improved UC2, so that means less glitches, do some balancing, reverse the bad patch decisions from UC2 (lowering the health and also adding leaderboards was a bad idea) and here and there add some stuff that improves it, but instead of doing this they just thought: hey let's just copy stuff from other games and hope it works in Uncharted, which is a very bad decision in my eyes, and I must laugh a little when I hear you say that UC3 is technically superior to UC2 xD

Message 33 of 64 (60,154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Offline
3248 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 21, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Did you know they fixed sprint and M9 RoF?


they aren't fixed unless they are removed compeltely in my opinion, both should never have been in the game in the first place...


Non-Sense.

 

Have you ever tried playing UC3 with sprint disabled it ruins the pacing because everything about UC3 MP screams fast over the top action. Sprint was a great addition to UC3 MP.

 

 The M9 is the M4 replacement having just the AK as the sole automatic gun would not make the game anymore balanced.

 

Oh & M9 is my main gun & I aim with it 98% of the time, so i'm not defending it for being the jack of all trades as I have a Sniper & AK loadout as well.


Uncharted 2 didn't need a sprint option, so I don't see why Uncharted 3 suddenly does, the only reason why you think it's worse when disabled, is because you are used to it, compare it to taking drugs, when you take it regularly for a while, you just keep on taking it and can't stop taking it, but that doesn't make it a good thing, anyway, worse analogies aside, sprint looks like it is needed in UC3 because of the horrible map design with big open spaces (airstrip, london underground, london streets) and the clunky climbing mechanics make people run around more instead of climbing...

 

and where did I say the M9 should be removed? I want the M9 RoF removed, not the whole gun...


Uncharted 2 is a slower paced game than UC3 i'm glad ND added sprint it fits the style of UC3.

UC2 & UC3 are different games time for you to accept that & stop comparing apples to oranges, UC3 is a technically superior MP to UC2 any day & both games should be judged on their own merit it's not a direct sequel. And actually no because when I play UC2 which I still do I DON'T find myself missing sprint & I rarely bunny hop, When I play UC3 I rely on sprint. 

 

Yes Climbing is clunky but it doesn't add to the reason why 'people run around more' lol.

 

And i'm Sure you read my post where I said I misinterpreted what you said, I even said sorry. So pointing that out for the sake of doing so was well pretty pointless.


no, I replied first and then I did read the other comments, and when I saw your other comment I realised that too, and I edited my post for it, I can't help it that you reply in 3 milliseconds Smiley Tongue

anyway, I disagree on your sequel theory, UC3 should have just been an improved UC2, so that means less glitches, do some balancing, reverse the bad patch decisions from UC2 (lowering the health and also adding leaderboards was a bad idea) and here and there add some stuff that improves it, but instead of doing this they just thought: hey let's just copy stuff from other games and hope it works in Uncharted, which is a very bad decision in my eyes, and I must laugh a little when I hear you say that UC3 is technically superior to UC2 xD


So basically you wanted UC 2.5? 

No UC3 is a different game & was built from the ground up. The glitches lies in ND's netcode as they are now present in TLOU too. They raised the health & you're simply nitpicking with mentioning the leaderboards.

 

Well it's a good thing you don't work at ND because I love the UC3 MP they made. I'm glad they didn't just copy & pasted UC2 MP & called it a new game, i'm glad they added sprint, loadout, Kickbacks. I'm glad they made it a Technically better game which it is so you keep laughing. No more glitching under the map, shooting through walls, plunder is playable. Don't let nostalgia clout your judgement because UC2 has way more bugs & glitches & exploits.

Message 34 of 64 (60,145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14228 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 21, 2013

I wanted Uncharted 2.5.

 

The summer beta felt like Uncharted 2.5. I loved it.

 

Compared to Uncharted 3 where it's okay. Could have been so much better.

 

Then again maybe I could have loved Uncharted 3 if they didn't go nerfing people's playstyles along with the weapons.



Message 35 of 64 (60,133 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/02/2009
Offline
1085 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 21, 2013

They could fix it, but not the horrible maps which ND has designed for U3.

 

Played maybe 5 matches the last weekend and had enough from this lameness.

I mean the weapon/kickback/sprint etc. balance is only one story of U3 disaster...take Desert Village or Syria...who the hell designed such crap - thought Uncharted is a cover shooter.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 36 of 64 (60,055 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 21, 2013

@wycliff_ 12

 

mentioning leaderboards is not nitpicking at all, as a developer you need to force players into playing nicely, so if you don't want them to glitch, then you fix glitches, if you don't want them to boost, you make sure that you can only finish objectives that suit the gamemode they choose to play, and if you want that people play as a team, you should remove the leaderboards, because they make people selfish, almost all idiots who play uncharted 3 care about that pathetic kd-ratio, they cheat for it, they use cheap tactics for it, they quit for it, a game should be played for fun, and leaderboards stop this from happening...

 

and yes I want UC2.5, more than CoD Uncharted special...

Message 37 of 64 (60,037 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/04/2010
Offline
1468 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I wanted Uncharted 2.5.

 

The summer beta felt like Uncharted 2.5. I loved it.

 

Compared to Uncharted 3 where it's okay. Could have been so much better.

 

Then again maybe I could have loved Uncharted 3 if they didn't go nerfing people's playstyles along with the weapons.


Yep, I'm missing that summer beta. I admit I hated it the 1st 2 days or so because of the recoil after playing UC2 (boy, that was nothing to current UC3 recoil) but then started to love it as I got better and adjusted to the new gameplay mechanics. Then I realized that it's way better than UC2. Still can't say if it was better than UC2 pre 1.05 though as this was really a long time ago. All people complained about was the AK's heavy blindfire (I think it got buffed with patch 1.04 in the beta?), everything else only needed a bit of polish, but they completely changed the final product and **bleep**ed it up pretty hard.

I can't post this link often enough as a reminder and for people who never got to experience the summer beta:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Everything-that-s-missing-was-d...


------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------





Message 38 of 64 (59,980 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 22, 2013

Psyschock wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I wanted Uncharted 2.5.

 

The summer beta felt like Uncharted 2.5. I loved it.

 

Compared to Uncharted 3 where it's okay. Could have been so much better.

 

Then again maybe I could have loved Uncharted 3 if they didn't go nerfing people's playstyles along with the weapons.


Yep, I'm missing that summer beta. I admit I hated it the 1st 2 days or so because of the recoil after playing UC2 (boy, that was nothing to current UC3 recoil) but then started to love it as I got better and adjusted to the new gameplay mechanics. Then I realized that it's way better than UC2. Still can't say if it was better than UC2 pre 1.05 though as this was really a long time ago. All people complained about was the AK's heavy blindfire (I think it got buffed with patch 1.04 in the beta?), everything else only needed a bit of polish, but they completely changed the final product and **bleep**ed it up pretty hard.

I can't post this link often enough as a reminder and for people who never got to experience the summer beta:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Everything-that-s-missing-was-d...


Just by looking at your signature, I noticed that Australia has the EU version of The Last of Us as well Smiley Sad

 

BUT, I'm not sure if I want the gore version. I know that we'll be stuck with the EU version because Australia barely let TLOU hit our shelves. If they give us the US version of the game, they'd probably ban the game like they did with Mortal Kombat 8 or 9.

Bang Bang!

Message 39 of 64 (59,935 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: 1st. November 2013 - New Patch 1.18 / ~99% -

Oct 23, 2013
I got an Asian copy. It's cool, guts and stuff. Definitely better than GTA style kills where you just bleed a lot.

UC3 is better though. Before all the nerfs, while HC was here. I really liked UC3, more than UC2 even.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 40 of 64 (59,894 Views)