Jul 11 2013
By: ChampKiing Splicer 69 posts

1v1 Mini Tournament

[ Edited ]
41 replies 412 views Edited Jul 11, 2013

Hello everyone who loves Uncharted. Recently I have been outraged with people who gang up on one person just to kill them when they are doing great in a game. So I was like, why not make a 1v1 tournament to determine who really have skills and who doesn't without a team. This tournament can have any weapon you can use except for power weapons, those will be taking off. It will be a total of 10 people in the tournament so sign up now so I can make brackets. Also the sniper will not be chosen as well due to the fact, they could easily snipe across the map.

Tournament List

1.ChampKing

I hope some people can take the time out and sign up for this event maybe if it goes well we can have some more like this in the future.

Message 1 of 42 (412 Views)
Wastelander
650 posts

Re: 1v1 Mini Tournament

Jul 11, 2013

What map is it on? Is it like Temple 1v1 Bottom Side only or what?

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 2 of 42 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Any of the original maps due to the fact that some perople only have the free to play game.

Message 3 of 42 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

So, JUAN VEE JUAN is supposed to prove skill in a team-based game?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 4 of 42 (379 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Jul 12, 2013

So i'm guessing free for all would be team based?

and i'm guessing that 1v1 matches on fragged nation is bogus to? If your not joining, don't comment on the thread please.

Message 5 of 42 (353 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Even when in a party, I have the tendency to run off on my own to try to flank the other team. I try to remind myself to stick together with one of the other guys, but often forget.

Besides that though, I seem to do well either way. I play a lot of FFA, and typically win the match when I play.

With all that being said, the only people I seem to struggle against are laggers.

Now, with the addition of that last sentence, I believe that a very laggy only-kinda-decent player can usually beat someone who is a very talented player that has fast, lag free Internet in a 1v1 scenario.

I guess I'm just curious to what your take on that is, in accordance with your tourney.
Message 6 of 42 (344 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 12, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Even when in a party, I have the tendency to run off on my own to try to flank the other team. I try to remind myself to stick together with one of the other guys, but often forget.

Besides that though, I seem to do well either way. I play a lot of FFA, and typically win the match when I play.

With all that being said, the only people I seem to struggle against are laggers.

Now, with the addition of that last sentence, I believe that a very laggy only-kinda-decent player can usually beat someone who is a very talented player that has fast, lag free Internet in a 1v1 scenario.

I guess I'm just curious to what your take on that is, in accordance with your tourney.

When you use Cloaked, you end up getting used to running around by yourself Smiley Tongue

Gotta love that satisfaction of sneaking behind people and snapping their neck and they didn't even notice you.

I'd love to join but it's not a definite so put me a reserve or something. My tv fell from its brackets and the bottom right of it has broken on the inside. It looks like something inside smashed and it's not like it's impossible to play but it'll take a while to get used to it. On top of that, my mum is still deciding what to do so I'm not going near it.

Bang Bang!

Message 7 of 42 (335 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Lili, I want to play with you again until we end up in a few sketchy situations so I can save the cinema and watch your actions when you start getting overwhelmed. There were many times when I kept waiting for your name to pop up in the lower left hand corner bc I thought for sure you were about to die lol. Idk how you got out of certain situations.

There's been a very few select people I've played with whos cinemas I took the time out to review for my own benefit. But at least when it comes to eluding death, your skills there are top class. And that's when I die the most, when I'm surround by 2 or 3 foes.
Message 8 of 42 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 12, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Lili, I want to play with you again until we end up in a few sketchy situations so I can save the cinema and watch your actions when you start getting overwhelmed. There were many times when I kept waiting for your name to pop up in the lower left hand corner bc I thought for sure you were about to die lol. Idk how you got out of certain situations.

There's been a very few select people I've played with whos cinemas I took the time out to review for my own benefit. But at least when it comes to eluding death, your skills there are top class. And that's when I die the most, when I'm surround by 2 or 3 foes.

@Everyone reading this

This is how to flatter a girl. This.... (^) is master flattery... and I'll take it ;D

I've just always had a good habit of getting away from people as long as I have a grenade and no one sneaks up on me while I'm already focused on like 3 people... even a teammate. If a teammate comes like right next to me and I don't notice I go like, "Ohmygod!" and accidentally grenade them or jump out in the open to die Smiley Tongue

Anyway, I watch my enemies and wait for them to do something to get me away from where I am. For example you see one of them throw a grenade towards the ceiling. He's planning a tap-a-nade (or bank-n-boom, forget which one) so you quickly observe your surroundings and think of a way to first, get out of there. Second, a different cover spot.

Also, if I die and I have a grenade on me then I can easily get a kill. Say I'm almost dead with just about no health in Facility. I ran towards the PAK room from the t-bolt and crouch behind the cover just at the bottom of that little slope. Three people start to approach me and I have a grenade. You first want to blindfire from behind there, considering no one tries to cover melee kill you. Then when they get closer, don't roll and drop a nade, aim at the floor or the cover or somewhere, even the ceiling and throw the grenade.

Throwing the nade instead of rolling and dropping means the timer is shorter and starts faster. You obviously know the wall tricks as well. Using the cover around me, I'd run towards the two pillars and then use those to run between and around to confuse the enemies and then quickly jump down on to that machine on the bottom level. Then run somewhere close but around a wall and if they approach, ambush them since you should have your health back.

Remind me to find you a cinema the next time I escape like a whole team at once Smiley Tongue

Bang Bang!

Message 9 of 42 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jul 12, 2013
1v1= one person camping while the other looks around, then the camper shoots and kills and camps again.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 10 of 42 (324 Views)