Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

The undeserved losses are terrible for those who want legit stats, I agree. I don't know why ND can't come up with a better system that distinguishes....... but at least quitting is a bit better now than it was before. Not much though :smileysad:

Yes Cloud, I was certain that he backs out of the match as soon as he dies, but he gets a loss for that. What I really want to know is how those who have similar stats and an awesome win loss do it. That has to be cheating. If the greatest players of the game struggle to keep their ratios at 4-5, then these stats-freaks certainly can't keep it at 20+ with legit methods.

Besides, what's the point of having stats that you can't back up with skill anyway? I know players with overall kdrs of 2-3 who destroy pretty much everyone in deathmatches and regularly get rages and rampants (with good connections, no heavy laggers). These fakers would have no chance against them. Everyone laughs when he sees fakers, even more when they quit as expected. Don't they realize that? How lost are these people?!

Message 51 of 117 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jun 2, 2013

This particular player is living in a fantasy world.  It's pretty clear that their stats can not be backed up by actual gameplay...so they're a living joke.  I guess "legit" in this person's mind means anything achievable without actually hacking into the stats servers.  Or who knows, in the unlikely event they were smart enough to do that maybe they'd also consider that legit.  I've seen this kind of attitude in a handful of people...if something is possible, then it's legit..why wouldn't it be?  Often, the same people think trolling and teamkilling is entertaining...to see people's reaction.  Pathetic.

I have a hard time believing that such people are not either children or emotionally stunted because I personally couldn't derive any satisfaction from having those stats - knowing how they were achieved.  Having said that, it is a judgement...I mean, I'm mainly a coop guy at heart and my thing is completions.  So for those randoms I encounter, maybe they think I'm a jerk for ending Gold Rush rounds quickly and not milking the match for every kill.  To each their own, I guess.

I think what's infuriating is that people like this (as well as cheaters and laggers) devalue those stats of (what most of the rest of the world would call) legitimate gamers.

I personally like stats because it's a way for me to measure my progress but that's an individual thing and I have to ignore (or take with a grain of salt) the stats of some other players.  Most of the time, it's fairly easy to spot the stats freaks and how they achieved their unbelievable numbers...once you've played a match with them.  At that point, they're charade is exposed and a handful more players know them for what they are.

Message 52 of 117 (410 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jun 2, 2013

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

The undeserved losses are terrible for those who want legit stats, I agree. I don't know why ND can't come up with a better system that distinguishes....... but at least quitting is a bit better now than it was before. Not much though :smileysad:

Yes Cloud, I was certain that he backs out of the match as soon as he dies, but he gets a loss for that. What I really want to know is how those who have similar stats and an awesome win loss do it. That has to be cheating. If the greatest players of the game struggle to keep their ratios at 4-5, then these stats-freaks certainly can't keep it at 20+ with legit methods.

Besides, what's the point of having stats that you can't back up with skill anyway? I know players with overall kdrs of 2-3 who destroy pretty much everyone in deathmatches and regularly get rages and rampants (with good connections, no heavy laggers). These fakers would have no chance against them. Everyone laughs when he sees fakers, even more when they quit as expected. Don't they realize that? How lost are these people?!

Mantaining a 4 or 5 KD isn't as difficult as it seems but that is pretty much the limit if you want to play normal. Anything over that and you have to camp a lot or RQ a lot.

The people with stats like that and a decent Win/Loss probably do one of two things. They either play a bunch of objective in parites to get a bunch of easy wins which will counteract their quitting or they 3TDM boost. If they 3TDM boost they probably have a really high number of headshots. 

I don't see how it's enjoyable to keep up such an obviously fake KD. 

Message 53 of 117 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jun 2, 2013

How exactly do they cheat in 3tdm? Do three players enter the public matchmaking with a splitscreen buddy and hope they find each other (and back out if they don't)? And then they kill the other player's buddy or what? Do the buddy deaths not count?

In any case, if you can't back up your stats in any way, they're worthless. Nothing is more pathetic than a players with super stats who quits during the match because he died one time too often...

Message 54 of 117 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Jun 2, 2013
I've seen my share of these 1-5k kills, no deaths guys. i always make it a point to after them and kill them. They sign-out quit right away :smileyvery-happy:

My question is how do these guys with the 3+ KDRs maintain those stats? Even those seem illegitimate based on the rampant lag WE ALL see. They probably sign-out quit when things get too ridiculous. I know there are some true beasts on this game. They have impeccable aim and have completely mastered their controls (including all of the cheap exploits that ND refuses to fix). But do you think there is anyone out there with a 3+ KDR who hasn't quit because things weren't going their way (regardless of lag)? I'm sure they could just blame it on a random ps3 freeze or random party kick, but i know better.

So in the end, who really cares? The stat system is broken. Too many known loop holes. And the only aspect of it that ND ever got right was removing leaderboard kills/deaths from Objective modes.
Message 55 of 117 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
353 posts

Jun 2, 2013
Found a guy in TO with about 3k kills and zero deaths.

He sucked. Not even being sarcastic.
Message 56 of 117 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

Jun 2, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
I've seen my share of these 1-5k kills, no deaths guys. i always make it a point to after them and kill them. They sign-out quit right away :smileyvery-happy:

My question is how do these guys with the 3+ KDRs maintain those stats? Even those seem illegitimate based on the rampant lag WE ALL see. They probably sign-out quit when things get too ridiculous. I know there are some true beasts on this game. They have impeccable aim and have completely mastered their controls (including all of the cheap exploits that ND refuses to fix). But do you think there is anyone out there with a 3+ KDR who hasn't quit because things weren't going their way (regardless of lag)? I'm sure they could just blame it on a random ps3 freeze or random party kick, but i know better.

So in the end, who really cares? The stat system is broken. Too many known loop holes. And the only aspect of it that ND ever got right was removing leaderboard kills/deaths from Objective modes.

We ran into a party of 3KDR's last night

3 of them started doing horribly. so they teamkilled their ring leader and got kicked from the game, their ring leader then proceeded to whoop **bleep** without his buddies holding him back.

Okay.. Yeah. I did badly. I stayed and took my beating while he just faked a win by removing his weak links.

ND should ban him and his party. It's cheating no matter how you look at it.with his party, his team would have lost. I would have still got battered in the process, but thats still entirely not even the point.

Just because we elect to play fairly and with some class, cheaters get rewarded? I thought the world didn't work like that.

Message 57 of 117 (323 Views)
Sackboy
370 posts

Jun 2, 2013

One time before a pub match I saw one of my teammates had 8000 kills to 1000 deaths, thinking we're going to win for sure this guy must be amazingly good. He spent the entire round TKing everyone on our team with grenades. I couldn't stop laughing

Message 58 of 117 (316 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 2, 2013
I could be wrong, but I believe if you have a po6 you can play 3tdm. So that would be a way of padding their KDR. I forget who asked tho.
Message 59 of 117 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I keep running into such cheaters more and more often now. Every day I see at least one player with a few thousand kills and only 0-100 deaths. And they're not better than any other dedicated player (often much worse) and they usually (rage)quit.

Why are people wasting their lifes for this? No one believes it, no one could possibly back such stats up... I'm really more curious than ever: what are these people actually thinking? Just curious, nothing else.

Message 60 of 117 (262 Views)