Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

Playing with DLC off because you want to play on different maps or do not find players in empty playlists is one thing. Playing DLC off to find a deathmatch with unexperienced low levels to slaughter them (thereby ruining the fun for them) to get outstanding stats is another....

What about the tournament? ND "forces" you to rape F2P noobs, if you don't want to buy any tickets.

I guess I wouldn't blame those who don't want to waste any extra money and turn DLC off for better tournament points. The tournament system is a broken thing, a "cash machine" that only works for ND anyway. The problem are those who always turn DLC off for superior stats.

^ And this is why I'm against this BS caste system. DLC maps should be free for everyone (both n00bs and tryhards). We should have one big unified pool.

Too bad TLOU MP will repeat the same mistake. Good thing I'm not investing in ND's next cash cow this time around.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 117 (360 Views)
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jun 4, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

Playing with DLC off because you want to play on different maps or do not find players in empty playlists is one thing. Playing DLC off to find a deathmatch with unexperienced low levels to slaughter them (thereby ruining the fun for them) to get outstanding stats is another....

What about the tournament? ND "forces" you to rape F2P noobs, if you don't want to buy any tickets.

I guess I wouldn't blame those who don't want to waste any extra money and turn DLC off for better tournament points. The tournament system is a broken thing, a "cash machine" that only works for ND anyway. The problem are those who always turn DLC off for superior stats.

^ And this is why I'm against this BS caste system. DLC maps should be free for everyone (both n00bs and tryhards). We should have one big unified pool.

Too bad TLOU MP will repeat the same mistake. Good thing I'm not investing in ND's next cash cow this time around.

I'm 100% with you on this one.

Too bad money and greed will work against us, perhaps even more than ever before in the future. DLC has become such a cash maker for the videogame industry... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 117 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 4, 2013

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

SN-A-A-A-KE wrote:

I'm 100% with you on this one.

Too bad money and greed will work against us, perhaps even more than ever before in the future. DLC has become such a cash maker for the videogame industry... :smileysad:

I'm not against DLCs. They can keep selling skins/hats/weapons/emblems etc. and those DLCs can subsidize the cost of the DLC maps. Economics 101.

For example, Sony sold the PS3 at a loss for the first few years and they recouped that money from selling games.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 117 (337 Views)
Sackboy
572 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I want new maps.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 117 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9944 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I want free maps.

I know I already have them all, but the only way I'm playing a DLC map is if my friends force me to.

Problem is, some of them don't have DLC.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 117 (315 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Jun 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I'm not against DLCs. They can keep selling skins/hats/weapons/emblems etc. and those DLCs can subsidize the cost of the DLC maps. Economics 101.

For example, Sony sold the PS3 at a loss for the first few years and they recouped that money from selling games.

Either Naughty Dog never had "economics 101" or they've become so greedy that it's still not enough for them if they do that.

It would be great though. I'm willing to pay for some good DLC if the maps are for free. One big player pool means a less laggy, more enjoyable multiplayer experience.

UC3 would be better if we didn't have multiple player pools.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 117 (291 Views)
Fender Bender
4242 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Well that wouldn't really be economics 101. It's be more like Finance 101 or some other business related class. Maybe Managerial Accounting.
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 117 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4242 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I'm not against DLC. I get more content and updates. They get money to offender their real enemy: used game sales and game sharing (which is actually illegal despite what the uneducated masses think - it's akin to buying a software program for your pc). True story. They're great for the consumer but terrible for developers. They should take a cue from other software programs and give a license per copy sold that can be installed on one game system.
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 117 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 5, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
game sharing (which is actually illegal despite what the uneducated masses think

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/game-sharing-explain-jack-tretton-comment...

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 117 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9944 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I always thought Sony kinda allowed it. Oh well.

On a more relevant and serious note, I actually wanted to wear Talbot's suit or Roman's "suit" or Sully's winter jacket or Charlie's jacket for my custom guy. I guess cowboy stuff is okay too.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 117 (170 Views)
0 Likes